Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jul 30, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #7,727 of 9,241
Hi can someone recommend me a decent lightweight cable? Around $80 is i am willing to spend
Anything from XINHS or ivipQ. Tripowin or NiceHCK are nice too but more expensive unless you get a good deal in a sale . Hard to pin it down any more without knowing how many cores you prefer or whether you want copper, SPC, silver or something else.

https://xinhs.aliexpress.com/store/910746107
I V Music Shop Store
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004383629709.html (get the coupon!)

Aug 5, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #7,728 of 9,241
20220803_173550.jpg

I bought this Tripowin Zonie a few days ago. I like it so much I bought a silver/grey and a blue as well. I think I'll snag a moss and a Zoe next...

Aug 5, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #7,729 of 9,241
After buying my Blessing 2 Dusk I had enough Shenzhenaudio reward points and was sufficiently dissatisfied with the stock cable that I wanted a softer, more flexible, and in a perfect world a higher quality-feeling replacement. I ended up with the Moondrop Coaxial OCC cable. My initial impression is decidedly lukewarm. But hey, I own a "professional" cable now! Make sure you read that in a Pinocchio voice.

The feel of this cable is moderately soft, slightly rubber-y, very slightly tacky plastic; not good and not awful. The cable is definitely more flexible than the stock one, which is great. The ear hooks are also more flexible, though; not exactly my preference but also not a big deal to me (the frogurt comes with sprinkles, the sprinkles are also cursed). One wholly positive thing I can say is on the interchangeable connector; I won't have to worry about incompatibility with most sources.

I detected no change in the sound of my B2: D with this cable.

In the end the best description I can provide to you all is that if I had it to do over again I'm not sure that I would make the same purchase. The interchangeable tips and increased flexibility are great but overall the cable doesn't feel to me like a $50 upgrade. Rather it feels a bit closer to the $20 of real money that it cost me.

PXL_20220804_205942796.jpg

Aug 6, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #7,733 of 9,241
Aug 6, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #7,736 of 9,241
Aug 6, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #7,737 of 9,241
I need help. I am looking for some cheap pure silver speaker cables if possible from Aliexpress please? RCA interconnect pure silver cable suggestion is also welcome. Thank you
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aliexpress-cables.963919/page-26#post-17084243

Check out this thread. The knockoff nordost rcas sound really good for the price.

Most likely its not pure silver, a few of us opened up the cables to see what the conductors look like and it seems to be sterling silver. They sound really good for the price.

Those knockoff interconnects sound better than the wireworld silver eclipse 8 xlrs I had.

Aug 6, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #7,738 of 9,241
Last edited:
Aug 6, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #7,739 of 9,241
that hot region most likely will remain the same also swapping cables
Yeah, I need to say that I'm pretty skeptical about high end cables myself. But it also makes the difference between a balanced one (this copper one) and the non-balanced stock cable. And it's not very expensive, so might as well give it a try. There's several other ways of taming the hot mid/treble so not all my eggs are in the basket of a new cable.

Aug 6, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #7,740 of 9,241
Yeah, I need to say that I'm pretty skeptical about high end cables myself. But it also makes the difference between a balanced one (this copper one) and the non-balanced stock cable. And it's not very expensive, so might as well give it a try. There's several other ways of taming the hot mid/treble so not all my eggs are in the basket of a new cable.
Some high end cables are probably overpriced but that doesn't make them not better than budget cables. The Advar is a single DD as well as all those the KZ EDX/ZES etc. Some can continue to imagine cables don't make a difference while some others can continue to explore. If you want to really hear the big difference XINHS may not be the good option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back