Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jul 27, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #7,712 of 9,229
Thanks, but....which of the 2 ??? I would like the one with greater tonal balance and greater soundstage
Doesnt matter. Cables doesnt do jack crap to the sound.

Jul 27, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #7,714 of 9,229
Jul 28, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #7,718 of 9,229
Honestly, I'd be very reluctant to buy an earphone designed by a maker that can't hear a cable difference.
(Just in case, if someone missed it before, then everyone can form their objective (or subjective) opinion).

Do you have any documented evidence of the cable effect measured? The measuring rigs are widely available and used now, and there are tons of good data on the effect of tips, amps, etc
Or is the "effect of cable" something that "can"t be measured" but only can be heard by "discerning audiophiiles"?!

Well, manufacturers still use measurements and solid engineering to design electronics, not witch cauldrons for midnight simmering (or cryogenic treatment), including cables for "that magic sound, you know"!

All my personal experience here - those who claim hearing cables are largely peddling their products or some free review samples or are highly imaginative people that cannot be relied upon as objective reviewers.

(I did spend quite a bit time with cables, indeed many poor stock cables can be distinguished, especially with the weaker sources, but beyond decent $15-$20 cables with the reasonably low resistance of the single path of below ca. 0.3-0.4 Ohm - no any evidence, including the most famous/notorious case of copper/silver, unless you or someone will demonstrate it - the solid scientific evidence).

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #7,719 of 9,229
Doesnt matter. Cables doesnt do jack crap to the sound.
In my experience, they do.

Sometimes there isn't any change in sound quality, like when swapping HiFiMan Sundara stock cable to EarAudio Cable or Blon BL-03 cable to Tripowin Zonie...

Sometimes it's small, like swapping CA Honeydew cable for JCally 16 core or Meze 99 Classic cable for Meze Balanced Cable or Astell&Kern Diana cable to Tiandirenhe 4 in 1 Cable...

Other times it bigger, like swapping Meze 99 Classic cable with Meze Silver Cable or Kinera Norn Cable with Kbear Rhyme...

Jul 28, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #7,720 of 9,229
I bought the Shanling M7 and the Hiby RS6 in the last week to compare with my M8 and I conclude that cables have a bigger effect on the sound than DAPs/DACs, but likely only limited to more properly implemented sources. If the sources are too budget friendly the sonic difference may likely be caused by poor implementation as you shoule expect linear FR from a player. Sometimes the sonic difference is even bigger than changing tips.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #7,721 of 9,229
(Just in case, if someone missed it before, then everyone can form their objective (or subjective) opinion).

Do you have any documented evidence of the cable effect measured? The measuring rigs are widely available and used now, and there are tons of good data on the effect of tips, amps, etc
Or is the "effect of cable" something that "can"t be measured" but only can be heard by "discerning audiophiiles"?!

Well, manufacturers still use measurements and solid engineering to design electronics, not witch cauldrons for midnight simmering (or cryogenic treatment), including cables for "that magic sound, you know"!

All my personal experience here - those who claim hearing cables are largely peddling their products or some free review samples or are highly imaginative people that cannot be relied upon as objective reviewers.

(I did spend quite a bit time with cables, indeed many poor stock cables can be distinguished, especially with the weaker sources, but beyond decent $15-$20 cables with the reasonably low resistance of the single path of below ca. 0.3-0.4 Ohm - no any evidence, including the most famous/notorious case of copper/silver, unless you or someone will demonstrate it - the solid scientific evidence).
BY FORUM RULE. That discussion is for the Sound Science forum and not for here since it takes these threads way off track. This thread is about the differences in cables and your posts are simply counterproductive to that. Not saying you need to agree but if you'd like that discussion, there's a place for it.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #7,723 of 9,229
Hi
What cable would be a good option if I want warmth with bass??
Thanks

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #7,725 of 9,229

Users who are viewing this thread

Back