Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Dec 11, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #5,326 of 9,243
@Dsnuts , do you happen to also have a recommendation for a pure copper cable under $50?

Dec 11, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #5,327 of 9,243
Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #5,328 of 9,243

Just got a set of these. It is the 8 core version of the cheapo 4 cored pure silver cables. NiceHCKs version shown here. I just compared this cable with another much more expensive pure silver cable. Which was the GU craftsman pure silver cable, retails for $130. I would be telling a lie if I said I prefer the GU craftsman. As far as I can tell there is really no benefit in spending the extra $90 for a pricier silver cable. Truth is both are very similar in how they perform. It is astounding to me that you can get a quality pure 8 core silver cable for less than a $40 spot.

If these cables existed about 2 years ago people would have thought I was making it up but nope these are for real. So what is better than a sub $20 pure silver cable? An 8 core version for less than $40. Signal is cleeeean with pure silver. Works wonders for warmer sounding earphones.
I just got the KBEAR Limpid Pro (KBEAR equivalent for those that don‘t know). It’s also a really well built 8 core silver cable, that sounds like a good silver cable should. I think better looks and feel compared to the TRN T3, and more length as well.

The first one is an SPC I believe. In order to get the KBEAR 4 core UPOCC (pure copper) black nylon covered cable, I had to order from the Wheezy banned store instead of from KBEAR’s official store. It’s also a available from a few other stores, but not from KBEAR weirdly enough.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #5,329 of 9,243
DSC07761.JPG

Just got a set of these. It is the 8 core version of the cheapo 4 cored pure silver cables. NiceHCKs version shown here. I just compared this cable with another much more expensive pure silver cable. Which was the GU craftsman pure silver cable, retails for $130. I would be telling a lie if I said I prefer the GU craftsman. As far as I can tell there is really no benefit in spending the extra $90 for a pricier silver cable. Truth is both are very similar in how they perform. It is astounding to me that you can get a quality pure 8 core silver cable for less than a $40 spot.

If these cables existed about 2 years ago people would have thought I was making it up but nope these are for real. So what is better than a sub $20 pure silver cable? An 8 core version for less than $40. Signal is cleeeean with pure silver. Works wonders for warmer sounding earphones.
Is there any difference between these and the ag8?

Dec 12, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #5,330 of 9,243
Is there any difference between these and the ag8?

Less silver material. Much lighter as a result. Has some similarities to what the AG8 does but has much less silver content. Resolution and transparency is very similar but don't have that fuller presentation or the stage of the AG8s. You can guess where the better value will be but these arent exaclty the AG8s.

So here is something new
DSC07763.JPG

These are newest cables minus the 8 cored silver cables from NicehCK called the C8s-1 C8s-2 C8s-3 C8s-4
These are 8 core variations of their 16 cored variants the C-16s. So while there is less cores here these are just as good. In fact your gonna have a hard time noticing any real differences in how they perform vs the 16 cored versions. They are all SPC or silver plated copper variants. Only difference is color variation as you can see. Not the best pic but you can see the differences in color the idea there is the match up the color with your IEMs.

DSC07764.JPG C8s-2 in red with Red TMSR-4 pro. Matches perfectly not to mentions performs extremely well for the given cost. These were cheap enough for me to get a variety just to check out. I would consider these more standard in how they perform vs anything really special in cable land but for folks that want a good soft cable that works well for your balanced players these will work well not to mention looks very nice.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #5,332 of 9,243
Got my JCally JC08s cable. Bought it for 4 bucks. It's nice and supple but the earhooks are stiff. A bit sticky. It's also a lot shorter than the pink/orange KBEAR 4-core cable I have. I recommend it for those who want to buy an upgrade cable for cheap but even the KBEAR is much nicer for a $1 more.
130859139_413378940114137_4850806593410894081_n.jpg

Dec 13, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #5,334 of 9,243
Hi al would this cable be good for the westone w4r ?

Linsoul Tripowin Zonie 16 Core Silver Plated Cable SPC: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

or is there anything better at the same price range or is this a good cable ? is there cables with built in mics as well

thanks
I've got some Tripowin Zonies and they are quite a nice cable. They work and sound good. They are priced on Amazon pretty fairly, otherwise it would be ages at this time of year from China. Be careful though...only some are in stock on Prime. Check carefully, others come from China and will take some time.

Dec 13, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #5,335 of 9,243
I've got some Tripowin Zonies and they are quite a nice cable. They work and sound good. They are priced on Amazon pretty fairly, otherwise it would be ages at this time of year from China. Be careful though...only some are in stock on Prime. Check carefully, others come from China and will take some time.
are they better than the genuine westone cables ? as i am on my third in 5 years and need a new pair

thanks

Dec 13, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #5,336 of 9,243
are they better than the genuine westone cables ? as i am on my third in 5 years and need a new pair

thanks
I've never heard a Westone so I have no idea friend. The couple I have at the moment are 3.5mm and I use them on a HiBy R5, and at the moment have a RevoNext RX8S on one of them, and I like the sound.
Edit...they are well made too. Quite soft

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #5,338 of 9,243
Dec 14, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #5,340 of 9,243
Has KBEar Rhyme lost its title of the flavour of the month?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back