Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Dec 8, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #5,311 of 9,305
Probably one of the best budget SPC cables is the Tri Through.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001514590570.html
I just got mine in from 11-11 yesterday (2x MMCX and 2x 2-pin), and dang these are great cables! Excellent sound quality and measurements, very soft and comfortable, superb build quality and appearance. Working chin slider. Comes with nice hard-shell carrying case as well. KBEAR/Tri is killing it with the budget cables right now.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #5,312 of 9,305
Looking at the possibility of increasing comfort / compensating a little for tuning for some new IEMs.

Have an NA2, NM2+, and Starsea arriving soon, as well as BL-01 and 05S.

I'm thinking of using an existing C-16-3 copper cable for the Starsea if stock isn't good. [It's 2-pin.]

----------

For the NF Audio, people seem to be using silver-plated copper for balance, using QDC/Type-C for compatibility. I have a Zonie copper/silver on the shortlist. Maybe a C8, but people seem satisfied with the Zonie.

I've got a C-16-5 lined up for the BL-01. $16.50 a reasonable price?

Is there a black version? Looking to match it with my IER M9

Dec 9, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #5,313 of 9,305
Looking at the possibility of increasing comfort / compensating a little for tuning for some new IEMs.

Have an NA2, NM2+, and Starsea arriving soon, as well as BL-01 and 05S.

I'm thinking of using an existing C-16-3 copper cable for the Starsea if stock isn't good. [It's 2-pin.]

----------

For the NF Audio, people seem to be using silver-plated copper for balance, using QDC/Type-C for compatibility. I have a Zonie copper/silver on the shortlist. Maybe a C8, but people seem satisfied with the Zonie.

I've got a C-16-5 lined up for the BL-01. $16.50 a reasonable price?
These iem connections types r very confusing and I just ordered the 2 pin 0.78mm cable for the NM2+ and referring to your comment about, it should be the QDC type.. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I always consider the QDC is 0.75mm instead of 0.78mm..face plam

Dec 9, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #5,314 of 9,305
These iem connections types r very confusing and I just ordered the 2 pin 0.78mm cable for the NM2+ and referring to your comment about, it should be the QDC type.. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I always consider the QDC is 0.75mm instead of 0.78mm..face plam
QDC is 0.78mm, the 2-pin you ordered will work fine on the NM2+ I'm using the same type myself.

Dec 9, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #5,315 of 9,305
Dec 9, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #5,316 of 9,305
Really appreciate for your quick reply... TQ
Just to add confusion to your clarity, there are traditional 2 pin sockets, either flush or recessed, and there are 2 pin sockets that stick out of the IEM, and the cable plug has a “sheath” that covers the socket. Of the sockets that stick out, if it is rounded, w/o corners, it is commonly referred to as a “qdc” socket. If it is rectangular, it is commonly referred to as a TFZ or NX7 socket. To my knowledge, all TFZ sockets are for 0.78m spaced pins. The qdc and traditional 2 pin sockets can be 0.78mm OR 0.75mm. AFAIK, the 0.75mm spacing is mostly used by KZ, CCA, and TRN.

Please correct me if any of this information is incorrect. I myself am confused about the KZ/CCA naming of their sockets, A, B, C....

Dec 9, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #5,318 of 9,305
Oh no! I never heard of 0.75mm QDC.
TRN sells them.
I bought out of curiousity 0.75 and 0.78 QDC (T4 specifically)
No any difference that I can see/feel.

The same as for two-pin TRN cables, funny that 0.78 came visually sliced apart :)

I think they are laughing out loud, especially at those who buys graphene and palladium alloy cables and manage to hear and/or feel "the difference" (I do emphasize "buy", the skillfully unbiased opinion of reviewers is another story).

Dec 9, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #5,319 of 9,305
Just to add confusion to your clarity, there are traditional 2 pin sockets, either flush or recessed, and there are 2 pin sockets that stick out of the IEM, and the cable plug has a “sheath” that covers the socket. Of the sockets that stick out, if it is rounded, w/o corners, it is commonly referred to as a “qdc” socket. If it is rectangular, it is commonly referred to as a TFZ or NX7 socket. To my knowledge, all TFZ sockets are for 0.78m spaced pins. The qdc and traditional 2 pin sockets can be 0.78mm OR 0.75mm. AFAIK, the 0.75mm spacing is mostly used by KZ, CCA, and TRN.

Please correct me if any of this information is incorrect. I myself am confused about the KZ/CCA naming of their sockets, A, B, C....
Darn.. Looking at NM2+ socket, it seems like a qdc socket type or maybe I am wrong, and ifvitvis a qdc type, is it safe to connect the 2 pin with the same polarity and will it fit without any modification.. Sorry for asking too much noons question as I am more familiar with mmcx socket type.. Which is very straightforward.

Dec 9, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #5,320 of 9,305
Darn.. Looking at NM2+ socket, it seems like a qdc socket type or maybe I am wrong, and ifvitvis a qdc type, is it safe to connect the 2 pin with the same polarity and will it fit without any modification.. Sorry for asking too much noons question as I am more familiar with mmcx socket type.. Which is very straightforward.
Yes it’s safe I’m doing it myself.

Dec 9, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #5,321 of 9,305
Yes it’s safe I’m doing it myself.
That’s a good question, nothing to be sorry about. Yes, as @KutuzovGambit said, you can use pretty much any cable with a qdc plug, or even with a standard 0.78mm 2 pin plug, with the NM2+. It will just not look ideal with a 2 pin plug sticking out of the qdc socket. Thus far, polarity has never been an issue for me, as long as the right and left wires are hooked up in the same orientation.

Dec 9, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #5,322 of 9,305
i bought this cable on aliexpress at this link:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_B0z0NR
Screenshot_20201210-020904_AliExpress.jpg

I don't know if they are original but everyone in the comments says yes. There is a person who indicates that they have bought in bulk from the manufacturer. I have compared them with the original 3.5mm that came with my Campfire Atlas and they are identical in both materials and finishes and audio quality.
What is your opinion? They even say that it was already discussed in a post on this forum and it was concluded that they were, but I can't find it anywhere ...

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #5,323 of 9,305
DSC07761.JPG

Just got a set of these. It is the 8 core version of the cheapo 4 cored pure silver cables. NiceHCKs version shown here. I just compared this cable with another much more expensive pure silver cable. Which was the GU craftsman pure silver cable, retails for $130. I would be telling a lie if I said I prefer the GU craftsman. As far as I can tell there is really no benefit in spending the extra $90 for a pricier silver cable. Truth is both are very similar in how they perform. It is astounding to me that you can get a quality pure 8 core silver cable for less than a $40 spot.

If these cables existed about 2 years ago people would have thought I was making it up but nope these are for real. So what is better than a sub $20 pure silver cable? An 8 core version for less than $40. Signal is cleeeean with pure silver. Works wonders for warmer sounding earphones.

Dec 11, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #5,324 of 9,305
DSC07761.JPG

Just got a set of these. It is the 8 core version of the cheapo 4 cored pure silver cables. NiceHCKs version shown here. I just compared this cable with another much more expensive pure silver cable. Which was the GU craftsman pure silver cable, retails for $130. I would be telling a lie if I said I prefer the GU craftsman. As far as I can tell there is really no benefit in spending the extra $90 for a pricier silver cable. Truth is both are very similar in how they perform. It is astounding to me that you can get a quality pure 8 core silver cable for less than a $40 spot.

If these cables existed about 2 years ago people would have thought I was making it up but nope these are for real. So what is better than a sub $20 pure silver cable? An 8 core version for less than $40. Signal is cleeeean with pure silver. Works wonders for warmer sounding earphones.
surely not pure silver ...

Dec 11, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #5,325 of 9,305
surely not pure silver ...

1607698683126.png

Ya that would be 99.998% purity. If you have been following this thread. There are 2 manufacturers that sell these from the same OEM. KBEAR and NiceHCK. Both have the same exact cables. There are other pure silver cables as well as TRN T3 8 core pure silver which was verified by our buddy @Slater

No faking real silver. The sound is proof to my ears. Unmistakable clarity and resolution of pure silver.

See this was my point in my previous post. We have doubters even today. Lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back