Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Nov 9, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #5,221 of 9,243
I have received the TRI Through cable for review from Wendy Li at KBEAR. I am very impressed by it and here are my thoughts:

TRI Through cable
TRI are best known for their high quality IEMs such as the i3 and i4 and now the new Starsea and Starlight. This sister company of KBEAR has released a new cable, the "Through".

It is a 4-core silver-plated cable and the material is 5N single crystal copper. The 3.5mm plug is straight and finished in highly polished metal with TRI branding. The Y-split is similarly finished with the trident symbol and there is a spherical clear plastic chin slider and the 2-pin connectors are colour coded for channel identification. The cable is very well made and feels substantial. It is supple and feels very comfortable. It also comes with a sturdy carrying case with a zip closure which is finished in a grey textured material with the TRI logo on the lid.

The Through cable was tested principally with the KBEAR Lark via an Xduoo X20 DAP and immediate improvements were noticed compared to the stock cable. The soundstage became wider and deeper, the treble gained extra focus and became smoother. Midrange detail and layering were more transparent whilst the bass appeared somewhat tighter and firmer.

Similar improvements were noted with other IEMs including the KZ ZAX and BLON BL-05s, the former achieving a shallower V signature and the latter displaying a more even treble response. In both cases midrange transparency was increased and the staging was expanded, especially with the BL-05s.

This is a very good cable and the improvements gained certainly justify the extra outlay. It looks good, sounds good and represents good value. Another quality product from the TRI stable.

IMG_20201107_114027.jpg
IMG_20201107_114204.jpg
IMG_20201107_114342.jpg
IMG_20201107_114521.jpg
IMG_20201107_114655.jpg

Nov 9, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #5,222 of 9,243
I compared them to the cables that came with the moondrop Blessing 2 a 4N OFC cable I believe and a few others that are similar in make up. I can't tell the difference between the Blessing 2 cables and the LitzOCC. I would have a hard time figuring out which cable is which in a blind test. It is that similar. I went back n forth several times on a splitter using the same earphones my NM2+.

They are just as good as many $30-$50 range 4 cored pure copper cables. This is the reason why they are a great value.
NiceHCK just came out with an 8 core version of their pure silver cables. I hope they make an 8 core version of the LitzOCC.

Nov 9, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #5,223 of 9,243
iKKO has the 2.5mm, MMCX cable on sale, at Amazon: link
  • 127um high purity single crystal copper silver-plated core, providing better resolution
  • Thicker silver-plated layer, more transparent ultra-high frequency presentation.
  • Ultra-low cable impedance to maximize the transient performance of IEM
  • Including: CTU01 HiFi Audiophile IEM Cable 1 PCS,Bouble Layer Tips 1 pair, Short silicone Tips 3 pair, Balance Tips 3 pair (color depends on the color inside the package)
$42.28

The cable has that telltale vinyl smell. To it's credit, the cable is very flexible; as soon as I took it out, it straightened out.

(for whatever reason, only the 2.5mm, MMCX is on sale)
1604952776682.png

Nov 10, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #5,225 of 9,243
I compared them to the cables that came with the moondrop Blessing 2 a 4N OFC cable I believe and a few others that are similar in make up. I can't tell the difference between the Blessing 2 cables and the LitzOCC. I would have a hard time figuring out which cable is which in a blind test. It is that similar. I went back n forth several times on a splitter using the same earphones my NM2+.

They are just as good as many $30-$50 range 4 cored pure copper cables. This is the reason why they are a great value.
NiceHCK just came out with an 8 core version of their pure silver cables. I hope they make an 8 core version of the LitzOCC.
B2 has quite a nice cable in my opinion.
I would not feel the need to upgrade honestly, only if you go expensive.

Nov 10, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #5,226 of 9,243
iKKO has the 2.5mm, MMCX cable on sale, at Amazon: link
  • 127um high purity single crystal copper silver-plated core, providing better resolution
  • Thicker silver-plated layer, more transparent ultra-high frequency presentation.
  • Ultra-low cable impedance to maximize the transient performance of IEM
  • Including: CTU01 HiFi Audiophile IEM Cable 1 PCS,Bouble Layer Tips 1 pair, Short silicone Tips 3 pair, Balance Tips 3 pair (color depends on the color inside the package)
$42.28

(for whatever reason, only the 2.5mm, MMCX is on sale)

This cable has great synergy with the Solaris OG. Adds some needed heft to the bass but maintains a smooth, extended and airy treble.

Nov 10, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #5,228 of 9,243
what would be a nice cable to drive a pure BE? Full copper? Silver plated or pure silver?☺️

Nov 10, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #5,229 of 9,243
Any suggestions on short cables for BT dacs like Qudelix, BTR5, ES100?

Looks like most cables come in standard 125cm length.

So far only seeing this ddhifi cable, which is 50cm.

1605024160384.png

Nov 10, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #5,230 of 9,243
What's the difference between mixed silver and copper cables and silver plated cables? Should they sound somehow different from each other?

There are many Nicehck 8 core models of different colors, can you recommend someone in particular or are they all the same?

Nov 10, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #5,231 of 9,243
For those who put the new KBEAR Limpid Pro 8 core in your 11-11 cart, AK Audio on Ali is offering the price adjustment discount price of $26usd. You will need to place an unpaid order at the current price and contact them for a price adjustment down to $26usd. Remember to change your payment type to Other to place an unpaid order.

Link Here

limpid.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Myek
Back