Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Sep 20, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #4,921 of 9,204
Please correct me if I’m wrong. With the KBEAR nylon cables there is a 4 core UPOCC copper cable, and 2 core UPOCC copper cable, and a 4 core UPOCC/silver cable. Is there any significant difference between the all-copper 2 core vs 4 core cables?

From the looks of it, there's just the 4 core UPOCC copper cable, and 2 core UPOCC copper KBEAR cable. I've been a bit confused with the conflicting product description from their official AliExpress store vs other vendors, plus speaking with support and the KBEAR rep that runs their FB page.

The 4 core UPOCC copper KBEAR cable based on what I'm hearing seems to match closer to what a silver plated UPOCC would change sonically, which happens to cross-check well NICEHCK's C4-1 cable from what I've read. Retains similar perceived bass depth/warmth with the little added shimmer in the mids and treble that's more noticeable with the 4 core UPOCC copper KBEAR cable that's not advertised as their silver plated version on other vendors. Their 2 core UPOCC copper KBEAR cable seems to be the equivalent to NICEHCK's Blocc cable based on what I've heard versus what I've read about it from Dsnut's review of the NiceHCK Blocc cable.

Quite a mix up on KBEAR's end honestly if this happens to be the case. Hopefully I can have a more solid confirmation after receiving the YY UPOCC cable to compare them.

Sep 21, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #4,922 of 9,204
I have many other silver cables and there is no mistaking how silver sounds on your IEMs and from my own testing I can confirm both of these are pure silver cables. Pure silver cables are great to have for earphones that need some tightening for bass and add some much needed clarity and detail. They won't magically transform your earphone but they will give it a cleaner sound. Silver does not match well with earphones that already have a lot of detail, for earphones like that go with a nice copper cable.

Thanks for the confirmation. I totally agree with you on this because this has been my experience with all the silver cables I've tried.

Sep 21, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #4,923 of 9,204
Cross posted from the nf audio thread, some impressions of the yy 5n upocc, it's excellent, great ergonomics too:

Finally this cable is getting acknowledged, mentioned it on the budget cable thread a bunch of times but it flew under the radar. This is probably the cheapest upocc cable you can get and even if it's not upocc the performance is extremely close to true upocc. You get all the upocc goodness, pitch black background, excellent clarity, imaging and staging. This to me is the easily best cable under $50usd (on sale) and can comfortably rumble with coppers all the way up to the $150-$200 range from the best brands like eletech, effect, toxic, dhc, plussound etc. You get at the very least 95+% of those top coppers and honestly I feel like that last ~5% might just be placebo, giving more credence to the more expensive cables, it's extremely close. This 5n upocc from yy is an absolute steal, might very well top my list for best value cable overall. Already own 2 and will be getting more the next sale.

Sep 21, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #4,924 of 9,204
Do you guys know good MMCX cables without the ear hook? That's an issue for us wearing the IEM wire-down. I see some cables from ISN are hookless but they're too thick for my usage.

I could trim off the hook from the TRN T4 cable using some nail scissors:
P00918-213719.jpg

But I'd like to avoid this hassle, any wrong move and it's game over, lol.

Sep 21, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #4,925 of 9,204
FIY: It seems that if you ask the TRN store on aliexpress, you can request the T3 cable to be made in 4.4mm balanced!

I am ordering 2 sets. :joy:

Sep 21, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #4,926 of 9,204
Just bought a Fiio LC 3.5C cable from Amazon for use with my BTR5 and Shure se846 IEMs. I love the cable, but I haven't done a comparison of the sound to see if it makes any difference. What I can say is that I really like the cable because it is so much more comfortable and easy to use than the stock cable. It does hold its form nicely so I can loop it around my ear without any problem. Before I got them, I read a review that said they didn't hold their form well. Perhaps they improved the cable since it was first released.

Sep 21, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #4,928 of 9,204
Anyone knew about TRN T3 pure silver 4N cable? Looks interesting considering it uses all silver (not silver plated) and its cheap
I have a few of those, but I'm not very happy with them. For one, they are 110 cm long instead of the usual 120 cm. And secondly, their connectors aren't very good. The outer shell of the 2-pin connectors slides down easily when you need to exert some force to slot the connector into the IEM, thus shortening the distance how deeply you can put the connector in the socket. And then it takes some fiddling to slide the shell back up the connector.

Sep 21, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #4,929 of 9,204
Can anyone compare the yy upocc 4 core, to the Kbear rhyme? They're both claiming to be the same thing but the rhyme is half the price? Anyone done measurements for these?

Also the yy 16 core look to be the same cables as the kbear 16 core, is that the case? Do these compare to the 4 core upocc cables as far as sound and resistance goes? They're all super cheap at the moment and i'll pick up at least one. Just hard to figure which if i only want to try one of them.

Also can i be the probably hundredth person to cry at all the bs that goes into cable marketing and colours the specifications..?? Like which cores are they talking about.. it changes from cable to cable!! Wire cores? Cable cores????? Stick to the wire specs, purity (and stop fudging it..) and thickness ***.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #4,930 of 9,204
Can anyone compare the yy upocc 4 core, to the Kbear rhyme? They're both claiming to be the same thing but the rhyme is half the price? Anyone done measurements for these?

Also the yy 16 core look to be the same cables as the kbear 16 core, is that the case? Do these compare to the 4 core upocc cables as far as sound and resistance goes? They're all super cheap at the moment and i'll pick up at least one. Just hard to figure which if i only want to try one of them.

Also can i be the probably hundredth person to cry at all the bs that goes into cable marketing and colours the specifications..?? Like which cores are they talking about.. it changes from cable to cable!! Wire cores? Cable cores????? Stick to the wire specs, purity (and stop fudging it..) and thickness ***.
No simple measurement would confirm or disprove "upocc".
The resistance is just inversely proportional to the cable cross-section area.
So get what you like and imagine what you like, aspire, dream of for your "upocc" cable to be - a wide stage, accentuated highs, improved resolution, celestial lightness.

In absence of any measurements showing the difference between good cables of the same resistance, be it silver, upocc, gold, "graphene-coated" alloys (while the measurement rigs are now out there and they can show real differences for effective modding, etc) - it is everyone's game of claims!

After all, coat hanger wires were found to be preferred in one of the blind testing of audiophile cables. One can only imagine what special properties of those shiny galvanized low-carbon steel wires are compared to just so old-school copper and silver :)

Sep 21, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #4,931 of 9,204
No simple measurement would confirm or disprove "upocc".
The resistance is just inversely proportional to the cable cross-section area.
So get what you like and imagine what you like, aspire, dream of for your "upocc" cable to be - a wide stage, accentuated highs, improved resolution, celestial lightness.

In absence of any measurements showing the difference between good cables of the same resistance, be it silver, upocc, gold, "graphene-coated" alloys (while the measurement rigs are now out there and they can show real differences for effective modding, etc) - it is everyone's game of claims!

After all, coat hanger wires were found to be preferred in one of the blind testing of audiophile cables. One can only imagine what special properties of those shiny galvanized low-carbon steel wires are compared to just so old-school copper and silver :)

Lol'd :) Sounds like wine professionals.

You know what the worst part is? My mind is so focused on bang for $$ it's telling me i need to get the most expensive one of those that i mentioned as it'll compete way above its price bracket :/

Sep 21, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #4,932 of 9,204
That’s why I factor in aesthetics with my cable choices. If I hear no difference, and least it looks good, no big deal. I also pretty much limit my cable expenditures to $50, that’s why I frequent this thread.

Sep 21, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #4,933 of 9,204
I have a few of those, but I'm not very happy with them. For one, they are 110 cm long instead of the usual 120 cm. And secondly, their connectors aren't very good. The outer shell of the 2-pin connectors slides down easily when you need to exert some force to slot the connector into the IEM, thus shortening the distance how deeply you can put the connector in the socket. And then it takes some fiddling to slide the shell back up the connector.
How about the mmcx version? i'm interested to paired it with the sony ier-m9, does it change the sound signature like a lot people said? maybe makes it more bright? the shortened of cable is fine for me :L3000:

Sep 21, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #4,934 of 9,204
How about the mmcx version? i'm interested to paired it with the sony ier-m9, does it change the sound signature like a lot people said? maybe makes it more bright? the shortened of cable is fine for me :L3000:
I like the TRN T3 cable. I have 3 of them. They are shorter, but I haven’t had a problem with them so far. I like how they make the se846 sound, but I had some problems with the MMCX connection on my left earpiece. It think it’s a combination of that IEM and the cable, rather than either truly being defective. 2 different T3 cables did the same thing, but all work fine in other situations.

You could also get the NiceHCK 4 core silver litz cable or the KBEAR limpid silver cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back