Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Aug 7, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #4,636 of 9,200
That cable will be good for a change up will add some more detail aspect to your earphone and brighten the tuning a touch. It has more silver influence than copper so it is good for adding detail and a bit more treble end. Bass is not to affected too much by it. Should tighten the bass end a touch too.

Is the Linsoul cable similar to 130?

Aug 7, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #4,637 of 9,200
I think the 0.4ohm standard that @hakuzen set is fair, anything above that is quite poor, though there are some weird exceptions, like the cardas clear light sounding pretty great despite being close to 1ohm. The neotech non alloy upocc stuff seems to all hit below 0.2ohms, so I'd say that's probably what qualifies as very good.

On a side note the faaeal 5n litz is truly excellent, it's been the top of my list for buget cables for awhile now but didn't expect it to measure that well as well. It's a sub $20 cable that honestly gets you pretty close in terms of technical performance, like 80-90% of the way, of all the top coppers I've heard from the likes of toxic, dhc, plussound, effect, eletech etc. and in fact quite a bit better than some of the $100-250 from some other cable companies. I've told some others about it but they've all brushed it off due to the price, but the technical performance is remarkable even without looking at the price it's easily at least upper second tier sound quality wise. Fantastic value and highly recommended for anyone looking for an good copper cable.
I’m still waiting for mine, but it seems everyone that has commented on their NiceHCK Silver Litz 4 core cables really like them, though @Slater measured them to be of high resistance, closer to 1 Ohm.

Aug 7, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #4,638 of 9,200
I’m still waiting for mine, but it seems everyone that has commented on their NiceHCK Silver Litz 4 core cables really like them, though @Slater measured them to be of high resistance, closer to 1 Ohm.
yeah the 1 ohm is off putting for me. I wish that the TRN T3 was available in 4,4mm....wonder if they do custom if you ask them though...

Aug 7, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #4,639 of 9,200
I'm trying to order a cable from Xiofan store on Alibaba, but there are some language difficulties.
What to you guys here think of Xiofan? If you're familiar with them that is.
I'm trying to order this cable in 4.4mm/2-pin 0.78mm with angled plugs, (8 strands):
https://tinyurl.com/y6k9ryhw
Their response to my request for a price for a cable with these features was "yes ok, when can you shoot?" which is confusing.
Perhaps they mean 'when can you pay'.
I've asked again for a price to see how they respond.

Does anyone here have experience of them?

Aug 7, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #4,640 of 9,200
Relative to stock or relative to the C8?
Relative to stock. I don't own a C8 to directly compare with Zonie.

Aug 7, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #4,641 of 9,200
I'm trying to order a cable from Xiofan store on Alibaba, but there are some language difficulties.
I'm trying to order this cable in 4.4mm/2-pin 0.78mm with angled plugs, (8 strands):
Their response to my request for a price for a cable with these features was "yes ok, when can you shoot?" which is confusing.

everything i had to do is to put that in the note in aliexpress - " i want a 2.5 mm trrs plug with 0.78 2 pin connector ", i love the cable btw i ordered this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32963510566.html

Aug 7, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #4,642 of 9,200

I am also facing a bit of a language barrier with them myself. IMO the trick is to ask a leading question hope for a yes ok I understand.

Aug 7, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #4,643 of 9,200
I just got my NiceHCK silver Litz 4 core cables. I need to listen to them and compare, but they are thin. So thin, the chin slider is useless. Each core is about the same diameter as each core on the TRN T3. The build and feel is decent though.

Aug 7, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #4,644 of 9,200
I just got my NiceHCK silver Litz 4 core cables. I need to listen to them and compare, but they are thin. So thin, the chin slider is useless. Each core is about the same diameter as each core on the TRN T3. The build and feel is decent though.

Yeah, that was kinda disappointing to me. If they were a tad thicker they would be perfect.

Aug 7, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #4,645 of 9,200
Mine is on the way. Chin slider is disappointing to hear, but then again, there may be compromises when you get a pure silver cable for about $20. Hope it sounds good tho.

Aug 8, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #4,647 of 9,200
Should I guess this is the result of having 4 cores the size of what you'd usually find in a 16 core cable?
I dont think so. Cable 173 is also a 4 core cable and that measures really low.

Aug 8, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #4,648 of 9,200
Should I guess this is the result of having 4 cores the size of what you'd usually find in a 16 core cable?

It depends on the number and thicknesses of actual wire conductors in each core. That’s why @hakuzen can actually calculate values based on the dimensions of each single individual strand of a wire conductor.

I have 4 core cables that have insanely thick cores (JCALLY), some 4 core with pretty beefy thickness (Faaeal), some 4 core with typical thickness (most cables), and some 4 core with thin cores (KZ, CCA, NiceHCK silver). What’s most important is the number and thickness of the conductors inside, which is what is actually conducting the electrical signal.

Aug 8, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #4,649 of 9,200
Mine is on the way. Chin slider is disappointing to hear, but then again, there may be compromises when you get a pure silver cable for about $20. Hope it sounds good tho.
I think the size of each core on the NiceHCK silver Litz 4 core cable is about the same size as a typical basic 8 core cable, so it is quite a thin cable. That being said, it drapes well, and seems sturdy enough. It also is easy to handle and store, since it’s small when coiled up. So far, I’ve used it with my NA2, in place of a T3 cable. Is sounds great, and similar to the T3, but I didn’t compare them closely. No obvious deficiencies, so I like using the 4 core cable with the NA2 since I was able to get it with a qdc connector.

Aug 8, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #4,650 of 9,200
I have been evaluating the Hifi Hear 16 core cable. Here is my review:
The Hifi Hear 16 core silver-plated copper cable is very well made and looks good. It is neatly braided and very supple. The 3.5mm gold-plated plug and colour-coded 2-pin connectors have a carbon fibre effect and the Y-split and chin slider are in black metal. The ear guides are stiff but provide a secure fit around the ear. It comes nicely packaged and includes a velcro cable tie. The 2-pin connectors fitted securely into the sockets on each of the earphones I tested.

Cables can have a significant effect on the sound of an earphone. A copper cable can be used to moderate the sound of a bright IEM and a silver or silver-plated one can help to brighten a darker sounding earphone. The Hifi Hear cable is different. It manages to enhance the sound of an IEM without changing its basic character.

The cable was tested with my Xduoo X20 DAP and a selection of different earphones. The comparisons were made versus the stock cable on each earphone.

On my KZ BA10 there was an improvement in soundstage and imaging was more precise with an increase in detail retrieval. The background was "blacker" which led to a higher resolution.

On the KBEAR Diamond, its exciting V-shaped presentation was enhanced with extra detail and a more balanced sound profile making the V less pronounced.

The CCA CA16's well-balanced character gained in projection with a slightly more forward balance in the mids. The bass became tighter and more defined.

This Hifi Hear cable is an excellent product. By preserving as much as possible of the original signal it provides a kind of sharpening effect to the sound of any earphone it is used with, as if brought into perfect focus. Of course the improvement
will be most noticeable on a higher quality IEM. It is highly recommended.

Attachments

• IMG_20200807_092846.jpg
    IMG_20200807_092846.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200807_093017.jpg
    IMG_20200807_093017.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200807_093125.jpg
    IMG_20200807_093125.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back