Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Aug 5, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #4,621 of 9,211
Not necessarily. Some gear actually uses higher resistance cables from the factory as part of their default tuning. It depends on a particular driver’s impedance curve. There’s no 1 right answer.
"Some gear actually uses higher resistance cables from the factory as part of their default tuning."

Wouldnt that mean that changing the cable to one with lower resistance would be worse in that case?

Aug 5, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #4,622 of 9,211
"Some gear actually uses higher resistance cables from the factory as part of their default tuning."

Wouldnt that mean that changing the cable to one with lower resistance would be worse in that case?

Possibly.

If the higher resistance stock cable is rolling off the upper treble (due to the manufacturer using cable resistance as a method to take advantage of a drivers impedance curve), for example, and you’re treble sensitive, then changing to a lower resistance cable will be worse for you. But if you’re not treble sensitive, and wish there was more treble, then changing to a lower resistance cable might be a good thing.

It’s not a black and white answer of “X is always good and Y is always bad”. It depends on different factors, and what’s good and bad can change.

I would start here if you’re interested in the science behind it:

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...QWLgpXoDQ&q=speaker+impedance+curve+explained

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #4,623 of 9,211
Aug 5, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #4,625 of 9,211
Yes, it has an accentuate warm signature, also detailed; the Sony and Final Audio tips increase the bass. As I own a copper balanced cable for the Fusion, I thought a silver one could be appropriate or, at least, a different experience. Thank you, mate!

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #4,626 of 9,211
That cable will be good for a change up will add some more detail aspect to your earphone and brighten the tuning a touch. It has more silver influence than copper so it is good for adding detail and a bit more treble end. Bass is not to affected too much by it. Should tighten the bass end a touch too.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #4,627 of 9,211
How high/low is bad/good resistance in cables? Like maybe under 0,5ohm is good and over 1ohm is bad?
I think the 0.4ohm standard that @hakuzen set is fair, anything above that is quite poor, though there are some weird exceptions, like the cardas clear light sounding pretty great despite being close to 1ohm. The neotech non alloy upocc stuff seems to all hit below 0.2ohms, so I'd say that's probably what qualifies as very good.

On a side note the faaeal 5n litz is truly excellent, it's been the top of my list for buget cables for awhile now but didn't expect it to measure that well as well. It's a sub $20 cable that honestly gets you pretty close in terms of technical performance, like 80-90% of the way, of all the top coppers I've heard from the likes of toxic, dhc, plussound, effect, eletech etc. and in fact quite a bit better than some of the $100-250 from some other cable companies. I've told some others about it but they've all brushed it off due to the price, but the technical performance is remarkable even without looking at the price it's easily at least upper second tier sound quality wise. Fantastic value and highly recommended for anyone looking for an good copper cable.

Aug 6, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #4,629 of 9,211

CEMA (prob) 187...
Alrd 100 Hours Burn in...

somehow the picture always so bling2 cable, in actual is not.. is PALE WHITE YELLOW ish .... hahaha.. prob my camera phone is too old for this
So, how's it sound?

Aug 6, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #4,630 of 9,211
So, how's it sound?
can be read here...

in Short, The cable is more towards on Pure Silver attribute then Gold plate cable...
don't get me wrong, this is still Good cable... it shows on separation and black background that almost similar like LITZ cable....

it just me, getting old ear, prefer to listen warm signature with good detail... hearing clarity and full resolution songs make me fatigue quick....
or prob, I was to comfort using Brise for quite sometime, so my ear now is not too friendly ti Spark... Damn... need Copper based cable

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #4,631 of 9,211
can be read here...

in Short, The cable is more towards on Pure Silver attribute then Gold plate cable...
don't get me wrong, this is still Good cable... it shows on separation and black background that almost similar like LITZ cable....

it just me, getting old ear, prefer to listen warm signature with good detail... hearing clarity and full resolution songs make me fatigue quick....
Cool! Exactly what I wanted to know, and now I will look elsewhere. Thanks man!

Aug 7, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #4,633 of 9,211
Here are my measurements on some cables:
I don't really know the other cables, but suffices to say I'm more surprised at how high the resistance of the C8 is than how low the resistance of the... FAAEAL? I've never seen the Zonie being measure, but suffices to say I'd ROFLcopter if it turned out to have a lower resistance than the C8.

Aug 7, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #4,634 of 9,211
I don't really know the other cables, but suffices to say I'm more surprised at how high the resistance of the C8 is than how low the resistance of the... FAAEAL? I've never seen the Zonie being measure, but suffices to say I'd ROFLcopter if it turned out to have a lower resistance than the C8.
I've got 2 Zonie's...one on my YBF-ISS014 in mmcx, and another on my KZ ZS10 PRO. It's a great sounding and feeling cable. To my ears, it tightens up the bass a bit (without losing impact), and provides better detail in the mids and treble; without sounding harsh or brittle. Build wise, it's one of my favorites. Not too heavy, and falls well without alot of kinking. My favorite cable for around $25 CDN, for iems that are a bit loose in the bass, and have a bit of harshness in the mids and highs. Stage and imaging are also much improved compared to most stock cables that come with most sub $150 iems.

Aug 7, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #4,635 of 9,211
I've got 2 Zonie's...one on my YBF-ISS014 in mmcx, and another on my KZ ZS10 PRO. It's a great sounding and feeling cable. To my ears, it tightens up the bass a bit (without losing impact), and provides better detail in the mids and treble; without sounding harsh or brittle. Build wise, it's one of my favorites. Not too heavy, and falls well without alot of kinking. My favorite cable for around $25 CDN, for iems that are a bit loose in the bass, and have a bit of harshness in the mids and highs. Stage and imaging are also much improved compared to most stock cables that come with most sub $150 iems.
Relative to stock or relative to the C8?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back