Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jul 27, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #4,546 of 9,248
I ordered this cable from Ali for my Blon. I hope it will be a good fit with the sound signature. https://a.aliexpress.com/_BOgznL

I was gonna go for 2 pin but I asked them to show me the fit for Blon and they sent me this.

Yup, C16-3 is a nice cable. And NX7 is the one you want for the BL03, so that the hidden vent works properly.

Jul 27, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #4,547 of 9,248
I just got this HiFiHear 16 core cable with 4.4mm MMCX today for my XBA-N1AP IEM.. And I must say the sound is WOW! .. Sound is so much better - sound stage is wider, bass punchier & overall clarity improves.. Really worth it especially when it only costs HiFiHear cable IMG_20200727_112344.jpg about 1/20th of Kimber Kable sold by Sony.. 😊

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #4,548 of 9,248
I just got this HiFiHear 16 core cable with 4.4mm MMCX today for my XBA-N1AP IEM.. And I must say the sound is WOW! .. Sound is so much better - sound stage is wider, bass punchier & overall clarity improves.. Really worth it especially when it only costs about 1/20th of Kimber Kable sold by Sony.. 😊

I’m a big fan and have been recommending the HifiHear cables for a while now. They’re great cables! Very good quality for their price :)

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #4,549 of 9,248
I’m a big fan and have been recommending the HifiHear cables for a while now. They’re great cables! Very good quality for their price :)
Any in particular or all of them?

Jul 27, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #4,550 of 9,248
Any in particular or all of them?

I like their 16 core cables.

The are also the only ones that have a 16 core balanced cable with 2.5mm 90 degree L plug.

Jul 27, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #4,552 of 9,248
Had a mixed bag on my last AE cable order from Nicehck.

The C4-1 cable is very good. Feels well made and sounded good from the off but also like a worthwhile step up from $30 cables like kbear & hifihear 16 cores. Added more depth to the high end and kept the low end punch and had enough warmth to sound very good on the IMR PB1. Tried it on the CCA Ca16 and suited them well was better than pure copper or pure silver. The cable holder thing that slides up from the y split is just about adequate - totally blanked on what they are called. That was $70 well spent.

The silver one is nice. I don't have many silver cables to compare it to a $20 banned seller one and this is nicer. Has a richer sound than that which is nice for a silver cable but I havent heard this one enough. Seems worth $50 tho.

The upocc one was a disappointment as the 4.4mm plug is not straight and won't fit into anything. I don't want to force it in as it was made like this and hasn't got bent say. Due to this I can't fix it without breaking It.
It looks a very nice cable altho the cable tie thing is one of the worst I've seen. Doesn't stay in place at all but shame I didn't get to hear it. So far have had to complete numerous requests that have got more annoying like send pics and vids of me not plugging it in and now they want me to send it back recorded post. So I'll have to open a dispute on them and see what happens. Otherwise that one was $80 wasted.

Screenshot_20200727-233527.png

Jul 27, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #4,553 of 9,248
I like their 16 core cables.

The are also the only ones that have a 16 core balanced cable with 2.5mm 90 degree L plug.

Bought many of these over the years.

Originally because they were one of the few i could find with an L plug. They are great cables but have had a couple fail at the point the cable joins the plug as it is quite a heavy plug.

Jul 27, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #4,554 of 9,248
Had a mixed bag on my last AE cable order from Nicehck.

The C4-1 cable is very good. Feels well made and sounded good from the off but also like a worthwhile step up from $30 cables like kbear & hifihear 16 cores. Added more depth to the high end and kept the low end punch and had enough warmth to sound very good on the IMR PB1. Tried it on the CCA Ca16 and suited them well was better than pure copper or pure silver. The cable holder thing that slides up from the y split is just about adequate - totally blanked on what they are called. That was $70 well spent.

The silver one is nice. I don't have many silver cables to compare it to a $20 banned seller one and this is nicer. Has a richer sound than that which is nice for a silver cable but I havent heard this one enough. Seems worth $50 tho.

The upocc one was a disappointment as the 4.4mm plug is not straight and won't fit into anything. I don't want to force it in as it was made like this and hasn't got bent say. Due to this I can't fix it without breaking It.
It looks a very nice cable altho the cable tie thing is one of the worst I've seen. Doesn't stay in place at all but shame I didn't get to hear it. So far have had to complete numerous requests that have got more annoying like send pics and vids of me not plugging it in and now they want me to send it back recorded post. So I'll have to open a dispute on them and see what happens. Otherwise that one was $80 wasted.

Screenshot_20200727-233527.png

Are these Canadian dollars or something? Because that last cable (the pure silver NiceHCK one) is like $15.99 if I remember correctly. You can buy 3 of them for what you paid for 1.

Or maybe you paid extra for express shipping?

Jul 27, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #4,555 of 9,248
Are these Canadian dollars or something? Because that last cable (the pure silver NiceHCK one) is like $15.99 if I remember correctly. You can buy 3 of them for what you paid for 1.

Or maybe you paid extra for express shipping?

No they are US dollars. It is this one altho I do find prices go up and down a fair bit. The C4-1 has jumped in price but have seen it around $70 in other stores. It does feel nicer than the $20 silver one I have. Nicer plugs etc.

£52.03 22%OFF | NICEHCK 8 Cores Pure Silver Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm MMCX/2Pin Earphone Upgrade Cable For TFZ TRNV90 KZZSX CCAC12 NICEHCK NX7 Pro/F3
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BTC3Pr

Jul 27, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #4,556 of 9,248
No they are US dollars. It is this one altho I do find prices go up and down a fair bit. The C4-1 has jumped in price but have seen it around $70 in other stores. It does feel nicer than the $20 silver one I have. Nicer plugs etc.

£52.03 22%OFF | NICEHCK 8 Cores Pure Silver Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm MMCX/2Pin Earphone Upgrade Cable For TFZ TRNV90 KZZSX CCAC12 NICEHCK NX7 Pro/F3
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BTC3Pr

Oh, I see now. I missed that it was 8 core. I thought it was the 4 core one. The photo was tiny on my even more tiny phone screen.

Looks like a nice cable!

Jul 28, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #4,557 of 9,248
Just received the TRN T3 8 core silver cable.

20200727_200114.jpg

Before I get into how it sounds, I noticed something I never took into consideration nor noticed before. The silver cable was noticeably louder when using the exact same volume level. This makes me wonder how many instances of a silver cable sounding clearer/brighter/airier was just down to silver being a better conductor, causing the iem to be ever so slightly louder. Same goes for 2 core vs 4 core vs 8 core cables.

I've only gotten 2 core upgrade cables before and so the volume difference wasn't as noticeable when going from copper to silver. I only noticed it this time because I was going from 2 core to 8 core.

And so instead of comparing cables the usual way I compared the cables with a matched volume and another with the spc cable being set ever so slightly louder than the silver cable.

The verdict? Silver still provides an ever so slightly clearer sound but it's only noticeable on specific parts on specific tracks. For the majority of songs I wouldn't be able to tell them apart, the louder one would sound "better". The largest difference would be the instrument separation, its slightly cleaner and more defined leading to the perception of a slightly deeper and wider soundstage.

So it it worth it to cable roll? If its less than 100 bucks I'd say yes, but above that it's just snake oil imo, expecially when your going into the territory of 4N vs 7N purity cables. Just turn the volume up :)

Edit: just remembered that there are expensive cables that are expensive because of the insulation/shielding like Teflon cables. I can't speak for those as I haven't tried any yet. But deep cryo treated cables, going for 4N+ cables etc aren't worth it.

Has anyone tried alloy (not hybrid) cables, I've seen ads for 99% silver 1% gold alloy cables. The conductivity of any alloy should be significantly worse than even a cheap copper cable so whats the argument for those?

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #4,558 of 9,248
well you just killed my little hype for the litzps then (was planning on buying it on the next sale) :joy:. And sadly since the T3 does not have 4,4mm that is also dead for me :joy:.

Although I dont need any cables at this current time...but well I think you guys know that wont stay like that with my shopping spree...
I got this 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter for my DX160.

15545603.jpg

Link: https://www.ddhifi.com/productinfo/175588.html

Got it for 20 dollars after discount.

So my pure silver NiceHCK cables came today.

There are differences between the pure silver NiceHCK cables and the pure silver TRN T3 cables.

I’ll break it down for you:
  • The NiceHCK cables are thinner than the TRN T3. Thinner cores = less silver = not as good conductivity.
  • Because of the above point, the NiceHCK cables are higher resistance than the TRN T3 cables (1.0ohm vs 0.3ohm).
  • The strain relief at the source plug is not that great on the NiceHCK cable. It’s a wide open gap, with the braided cores just flopping around in the hole. This should have been filled in with glue or resin to stabilize the strain relief like most cables.
  • The NiceHCK chin slider doesn’t actually do anything. The one on the TRN T3 is actually functional.

There are advantages to the NiceHCK cables however:
  • The NiceHCK cables are available with QDC/Paragraph C as well as NX7/Blon ends. The TRN does not offer this option.
  • As @RikudouGoku pointed out, the NiceHCK cables are available with a 4.4mm balanced termination. The TRN T3 cables do not offer a 4.4mm option.
  • The source plugs (2.5mm, 3.5mm, etc) and y splitter appear to be of a higher quality.
  • The preformed ear guides are softer and more flexible on the NiceHCK cables. I actually want to keep these ear guides on, instead of cutting the guides off like I do to most cables (including the TRN T3 cables).
  • The NiceHCK cables are lower price than the TRN T3 cables (good if you’re on a budget but want pure silver). This makes sense, as thinner wires = less silver = lower price.
So, in my opinion...

I recommend the NiceHCK cable:
  1. If you’re on a budget and want the absolute lowest price on a pure silver cable.
  2. If you need Paragraph C/QDC or NX7/Blon plugs.
  3. If you need 4.4mm balanced termination.
  4. If you need a higher resistance cable (1.0ohm, which can have a sonic effect on some earphones).
I recommend the TRN T3 cables:
  1. If you want an overall thicker “better” pure silver cable, and can afford a higher budget (while still being a ridiculously good bang for the buck).
  2. If you need a low resistance budget pure silver cable.
I should also mention that I did NOT tear down the NiceHCK cable, nor melt it down and assay the silver content (like I did to the TRN T3 cable). I have no reason to doubt NiceHCK though, so I have no plans to tear it down at this time. I mainly tested the TRN T3 silver cable because of not trusting TRN due to their previous cable shenanigans.
Were you comparing NiceHCK 8 core to TRN 8 core?

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #4,559 of 9,248
Were you comparing NiceHCK 8 core to TRN 8 core?

No, I was comparing the budget NiceHCK 4 core pure silver cables with the 8 core TRN pure silver cable.

Since they were roughly the same price, they’re competing against one another in the budget entry pure silver space.

While I realize it’s not apples to apples on number of cores, it was on price.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #4,560 of 9,248
No, I was comparing the budget NiceHCK 4 core silver cables with the 8 core TRN silver cable, since they were roughly the same price so they’re competing against one another.
Ah i see. I was wondering why you said the NiceHCK cables were cheaper as their 8 core are twice the price of the 8 core from TRN.

Any chance youll be comparing the 8 core TRN against the 8 core NiceHCK for an apples to apples comparison?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back