Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Apr 18, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #9,136 of 9,194
that helps me out a lot!

the HAKUGEI seems to be very beautyful :O

I love the purple cables.. I got the se846 in black so i guess it will fit :)

Okey i check out more stuff on AliExpress..

The sellers on AE can sometimes customize the cable if you want as well. Worth sending them a message if something is almost perfect to see what they can do. I’ve had some made modular, and swapped out the accessories in some cases.

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #9,137 of 9,194
There is a significant difference from brand to brand, and each cable within a brand. It can be a real headache at first.

Any reputable brand will have good cables at a variety of price points: Xinhs, NiceHCK, IvipQ, Hakugei and more.

Material: generally copper is warmer and more musical, silver is bright and detailed, and silver plated copper is somewhere between. Rather than focusing on the purity of the cable, just get advice from those of us who have tried a lot of cables.

If you give a budget and preferences for looks and effect on the sound (if any), we can hopefully guide you to some good choices. @HifiFrog is right that you would be best off trying a cheaper cable before throwing around serious money.
Alright,

since i almost payed the Meze for 150 Bucks, this would be my maximum..

If soundsignature is important i would say the se846 lacks a bit at subbass and topend but i think they are known for it.. Otherwise the stockcable sounded well for me..

In termes of colour if really prefere this purple/galaxy themed calbles like the HAKUGEI Luna / soul.. but damn they are expensive... the dragon and antike also fits my taste.

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #9,138 of 9,194
Alright,

since i almost payed the Meze for 150 Bucks, this would be my maximum..

If soundsignature is important i would say the se846 lacks a bit at subbass and topend but i think they are known for it.. Otherwise the stockcable sounded well for me..

In termes of colour if really prefere this purple/galaxy themed calbles like the HAKUGEI Luna / soul.. but damn they are expensive... the dragon and antike also fits my taste.
ivipQ IvipQ Music Shop Store
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m06tAwK

Another ivipq store front

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #9,140 of 9,194
Just to have it said: The effect that cable have on the sound signature is minimal (if at all). Some people hear it, some don't.
But: The effect of ear tips on the sound signature is enormous. You should definitly play around with ear tips more than with different cables.

I used the stock ear tips on my SE425 for years, but well - no one can turn back time, right? :)

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #9,141 of 9,194
Just to have it said: The effect that cable have on the sound signature is minimal (if at all). Some people hear it, some don't.
But: The effect of ear tips on the sound signature is enormous. You should definitly play around with ear tips more than with cables.
totaly agree with it, problem is that my earcanal is very narrow so i came from the Shure aonic 4 wich was the only IEM that really fittet me, now with the se846 i only can use the small foam tips and i still feel the metalpart so there isnt much to try ^^

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #9,142 of 9,194
Apr 18, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #9,144 of 9,194
silver is bright
In fact silver is bright and sparkly only in cheaper cables. Silver gives more clarity and transparency, with silver there is less bass, but the sound may be darker like GuCraftsman 6N silver cable and at the same time the sound very smooth.

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #9,145 of 9,194
but do i get some added value if i buy something more expensive from this brands?
Value is in the eye/ears of the beholder? Haha. Idk.

Personally, I have not spent more than a hundred on a cable, but that is changing soon simply because I’m ordering a customized set and want a really nice quality cable with it.

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #9,146 of 9,194
but do i get some added value if i buy something more expensive from this brands?
Who knows.. It's AliX.
My personal limit per cable - $200 MSRP and much less during sales. I make expensive purchases almost only in good known stores: CEMA, IvipQ, XINHS

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #9,148 of 9,194
oh I´ve seen that i cant oder the Hakugei cables to germany so i will stay with the other brands and will order 2 cheap ones :3
Give the NiceHCK SilverCat a try. Works on all of my IEMs.

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #9,149 of 9,194

Users who are viewing this thread

Back