Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
May 10, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #7,606 of 9,211
My bad for not being clearer.

What i consider an "improvement" is that compared to the stock cables that came with my FDX1 and Sony IER-M9, they made the sound a little clearer and more open with the soundstage and instrument separation improving accordingly as a result. I use the A1 cable fyi.

I also have a "Yeen-yoo" (banned brand) UPOCC [A20] that I like and it was slightly warmer with a bit more bass bloom. Its still good sounding, just depends on what you're after. What made you say that the a3 and a14 sounded bad btw?

These are all small differences fyi, and honestly only noticeable when you're actually listening for differences. Again, its only when you switch from a bad or below average cable that you'll actually hear the difference.
As someone who use Y*nyoo for quite sometime, their 16core SPC cable have more "hearable" clarity increase compared to TRN 16 core.
My og cable for TFZ is full copper so its "warmer" and at the time i want more clarity. TRN cable sounds a bit worse than OG cable, its Y*nyoo that feels have more clarity.

Tough now my go to cable is Hibiscus 4 core copper to soften my a bit bright Aria.

May 10, 2022 at 9:53 PM Post #7,607 of 9,211
Hello,

I'm very new to earphones with replaceable cables and still trying to figure out what I prefer.
One thing I have found is that integrated ear hooks don't seem to fit my oddly shaped ears well.
I'd be grateful is someone could please suggest a replacement cable without integrated ear hooks for the KZ EDX Pro (3.5mm QDC/C) as I've not had any luck finding one.
This is a $10 IEM so not looking to improve or change the sound characteristics, just a cable that is at least the same quality as the standard one?

Thanks.

Have you tried altering the curve of the earhooks by heating with a hairdryer? Some older cables came with a memory wire in the cable rather than a thermo-plastic sleeve, I don't know if that type is still available, a lot of people disliked them.

I have one NiceHCK 16 core copper cable that has no preformed earhooks, it drapes under it's own weight around my ears, and is very comfortable. I don't wear it doing anything more active than hanging out at home, or going for a walk. YMMV

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000291144672.html :L3000:

May 12, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #7,610 of 9,211
Have you tried altering the curve of the earhooks by heating with a hairdryer? Some older cables came with a memory wire in the cable rather than a thermo-plastic sleeve, I don't know if that type is still available, a lot of people disliked them.

I have one NiceHCK 16 core copper cable that has no preformed earhooks, it drapes under it's own weight around my ears, and is very comfortable. I don't wear it doing anything more active than hanging out at home, or going for a walk. YMMV

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000291144672.html :L3000:
Thank you very much for the info, that cable you suggested seems exactly what I'm after but was hoping to find something cheaper, might be able to justify it to myself as an investment for when I buy better quality IEMs in the future though.

Tried heating the 2 cables I have but they just go back to their original shape eventually.

It's not the curve of the earhooks, my issue is that the preformed earhooks are too rigid where they meet the connector/IEM so when the IEM is in a position in my ear that I find comfortable the ear hook sits out from the ear and when I tuck it in behind my ear it causes the tips to put pressure on my inner ear or just fall out.
Removable earhooks are perfectly fine.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 2:55 AM Post #7,612 of 9,211
Thank you very much for the info, that cable you suggested seems exactly what I'm after but was hoping to find something cheaper, might be able to justify it to myself as an investment for when I buy better quality IEMs in the future though.

Tried heating the 2 cables I have but they just go back to their original shape eventually.

It's not the curve of the earhooks, my issue is that the preformed earhooks are too rigid where they meet the connector/IEM so when the IEM is in a position in my ear that I find comfortable the ear hook sits out from the ear and when I tuck it in behind my ear it causes the tips to put pressure on my inner ear or just fall out.
Removable earhooks are perfectly fine.
Or just wait for next sales. NiceHCK C16-3 has been down to $12 several times. Last was in April.

https://www.pricearchive.org/aliexpress.com/item/4000291144672

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #7,613 of 9,211
May 13, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #7,614 of 9,211
Looking for a long 9-10ft 1/4 inch preferably red or black (a mixture is nice also) cable for my OG Focal Clear Pro. Any recommendations?

Looking for something inexpensive (under $100) as I don’t believe much in cables changing sound.

Just looking for something that’s light and easy to maneuver.

May 13, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #7,615 of 9,211
May 13, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #7,616 of 9,211
Looking for a long 9-10ft 1/4 inch preferably red or black (a mixture is nice also) cable for my OG Focal Clear Pro. Any recommendations?

Looking for something inexpensive (under $100) as I don’t believe much in cables changing sound.

Just looking for something that’s light and easy to maneuver.
In terms of sound quality, the xinhs 12 core silver cable is excellent. I use this for my Focal Clear when I'm away from my desk. I normally use a wywires platinum or moon audio silver dragon at my desk. Doesn't sound near as good as these cables but pretty good especially for the price.

I have both the 8 core and 12 core version of this cable and the difference is sonically noticeable.

Its very light and flexible as well.

May 13, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #7,617 of 9,211
Or just wait for next sales. NiceHCK C16-3 has been down to $12 several times. Last was in April.

https://www.pricearchive.org/aliexpress.com/item/4000291144672
Will keep an eye out for the next sale and that's a very useful website, thanks.

In the meantime I've cut the hook a bit to allow it to bend in towards the head but not ideal as it has introduced a single point of stress on the wire so only a matter of time before it fails.
Not confident enough in my incredibly unsteady hands to try and remove it completely.

Thanks for all the help.

May 15, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #7,620 of 9,211
Need a good recommendation for a copper cable to tame the treble or at least keep it as it is (as i need another 0.78 cable) for the Noble Khan?
I cant specifically speak for the Khan however the UPOCC Litz copper cable from CEMA has been great for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back