Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
May 4, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #7,576 of 9,211
How does the ivipQ 8 Cores Pure Silver and Single Crystal Copper Mixed Braid sound? It was one I was considering, but wasn't sure how the OCC/pure silver would effect sound.
So I did a quick test of these 3 cables with my Campfire Andromeda 2019 and Fiio KA3.
To me the Andromedas sounded the same with all cables.

Campfire Andromeda 4 core Original cable, I think it is the older Smoky Litz Silver Plated Copper Conductors
3,5mm weight 11g
https://campfireaudio.com/shop/smoky-lite-litz-cable/

XINHS 2 core SPC
3,5mm weight 29g
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001844092313.html

ivipQ 8 Cores Pure Silver and Single Crystal Copper Mixed Braid
3,5mm weight 30g
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003688146295.html?

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 2:28 AM Post #7,577 of 9,211
Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #7,578 of 9,211
XINHS 2 core SPC
3,5mm weight 29g
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001844092313.html

Microphonics are ok to me. If you go jogging you will hear microphonics, probably reduced if you secure the splitter so it doesn't bounce. Rubbing the cable towards clothing does not sound much.
I just got in the ivipQ and XINHS 8 core SPC cables I ordered in the AE anniversary sale. Very nice cables, I'm impressed. :L3000:

May 4, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #7,580 of 9,211
May 5, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #7,582 of 9,211
May 6, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #7,584 of 9,211
Hey don't know if this is the right thread to ask this but are cables more or less meaningless when it comes down to sound quality? Hear a lot of people say that cables worth $$$ are a scam and a few others say that cables sometimes may improve sound quality but are more or less just for aesthetics and build quality.

May 6, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #7,585 of 9,211
Hey don't know if this is the right thread to ask this but are cables more or less meaningless when it comes down to sound quality? Hear a lot of people say that cables worth $$$ are a scam and a few others say that cables sometimes may improve sound quality but are more or less just for aesthetics and build quality.
1 - sound isn't everything. If the cable that came with your IEMs, turns into a tangled mess if you so much as look at it, then you have a good reason to upgrade. It may even make it difficult to keep the IEMs in place to get a good seal. Cables can be downright uncomfortable, especially if you wear glasses. You may not like the appearance, and want something else for aesthetic reasons. All valid reasons to get another cable.

2 - What effect they have on sound is less significant than a whole heap of other things. What IEM you bought in the first place? What eartips you are using and whether you get a good seal? How good is the music recording you are listening to (bad recordings are bad recordings)? Is it an MP3 or a lossless file? I'm sure someone will try to sell us DSD1024 soon enough. What are you playing your music through? A phone or a dedicated audio player? How quiet is your listening environment?

3 - Yes the cable can make a difference, but since most of us don't buy multiples of the same IEM, it's hard to do an A-B comparison. Cable changes aren't that fast.

4 - People have strong opinions on cable effects. At one end are people who don't care, as long as it connects a circuit, and you can hear something. If you go to the other extreme, people will claim that their cables costing multiple hundreds of dollars, add some esoteric effect to the sound. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

5 - Cables are what will probably fail first. So having a spare cable or two isn't a silly idea. Buy something upmarket at the next sale and see if it improves the sound. You probably want to test the cables when you get them, rather than throw them in a drawer, and only find out they're faulty, after the warrantee expires. Don't buy a $70 cable for a $30 IEM, you'll get better mileage out of buying a $70 IEM (or save towards a $100 IEM). Better IEMs (usually) come with better cables, so may not need an upgrade!

TRN are worth looking at, they are very well priced. XINHS and ivipQ offer good quality for a fair price and include nice carrying cases with their cables. Tripowin and NiceHCK do good cables too, but getting a bit more expensive. TRI are good and KBEAR should be, since they are the same manufacturer.

Don't over obsess over your audio gear, take time out to enjoy what you're listening to! :L3000:

May 6, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #7,586 of 9,211
This is a thread dedicated to cables, and all the info you could ever need is here. However to answer your question, yes they effect the sound for the better or worse depending on preferences, materials, etc. . .Also, some have more of effect than others. Cable rolling is a great way to fine tune the sound of an iem, and is the last thing I do once I have the tips and source figured out.

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #7,590 of 9,211
Do you guys really think that cables can improve the sound?
Bad to good cables yes. Good to good cables not really. Diminishing returns past really good value and low resistance cables like the good Xinhs cables in rikudogoku's list

Users who are viewing this thread

Back