Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 16, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #7,398 of 9,186
Same connectors as my Hifiman Edition X v1 and early HE-560 (v2?). I even have a Monolith OFC braided cable for those, that cable is a bit darker sounding with the Edition X than the OG Hifiman Crystalline SPC.

I think the OPPO compatible cables should work as they are 2x2.5mm.
Go to Lunashops and search for "Oppo", "M1060", "HE560" or "Pryma". Take the part no LN00xxxx and search on AliEX. Get the cheapest one as Luna has atleast 3 shops on AliEX and prices differ.
Or get some other "Oppo" cable.

But take an extra look at the 2.5mm connectors before ordering so they fit your headphones.
Thanks man I'll check it out...Big help man :)

Jan 16, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #7,399 of 9,186
Any user feedback of the Kinera Ace cables yet? These looks aesthetically pleasing.
I have one coming but don’t have it yet. I do have a Leyding though. Decent cable but more along the lines of the 40 dollar Tripowin cables in terms of hardware and overall feel. I’m thinking the Ace will be the same. The modular plugs are a little on the larger side compared to Fiio and Dunu but not bad.

Jan 16, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #7,400 of 9,186
Which is the Best cable out of the ones listed below for the $40-$50 range to go with my mest OG

2 pin 2.5mm

Tripowin Altea

Kinera Ace

Tripowin Noire

Tripowin Nucool

Linsoul LSC08
Not sure how any of them would work with mest but i have the lsc08, nucool and the altea with the ace on the way. The nucool is heavy and hurts my ears but sounds fine when i used it with Timeless. Big bass with Timeless. I like the Altea. A little rubbery but that’s nitpicking. Pretty light, occ copper, litz and sounds good with timeless. Pretty balanced, not overly warm or smooth sounding … with timeless anyway. Lsc08 is light and honesty , hardware looks and feels cheap imo but i cant comment further as i have never tried it on anything. Assume it would be similiar to Altea with it being an occ copper cable, but again, i havent tried it. Ive heard that its known to accentuate mid bass.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #7,401 of 9,186
I have one coming but don’t have it yet. I do have a Leyding though. Decent cable but more along the lines of the 40 dollar Tripowin cables in terms of hardware and overall feel. I’m thinking the Ace will be the same. The modular plugs are a little on the larger side compared to Fiio and Dunu but not bad.
Is the Leyding soft and manageable? How is the build quality for everyday rough use?

Jan 16, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #7,402 of 9,186
Is the Leyding soft and manageable? How is the build quality for everyday rough use?
Yes, it’s soft and handles well. Not super soft but pretty nice. If you’ve had one of the 30-40 dollar tripowin or maybe 16 or 24 core kbear cables, they are basically of that quality in terms of hardware and apparent build quality. I dont see anything in the Leyding that suggests its delicate or wont hold up to daily use. Not sure it’s going to handle too much abuse so i guess it depends on how “rough” rough is. But again, its not a whimpy cable. I’ll post a comparison between the Leyding and Ace in terms of build when i get the Ace but im betting they are comparable. I have the Leyding in 2 pin so I got the Ace in mmcx, kind of on a whim. The modular connection on the Ace looks more compact from the photos.

Jan 16, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #7,403 of 9,186
What are the advantages of a Litz cable? Is there any audible difference? Is it more durable, flexible, oxidation-resistant?

Jan 16, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #7,405 of 9,186
Maybe GUCraftsman on Amazon. They have both single crystal copper and single crystal silver for headphones. They are 8 wire braid and, I believe, 6 feet long. They are both under $200. I have one of their cables for an iem. It's fairly light and soft but not that super soft wire. If you have Prime, it's a safe bet because of the easy return policy. May be worth checking out .... https://www.amazon.com/stores/GUCraftsman/page/346BE968-BA65-42B9-88A5-E2DDA537787B?ref_=ast_bln
I bought some GUCraftsman from Amazon this week. Arrived on Saturday, so one week delivery ain't bad. Got THIS version:

20220116_202423.jpg

GUCraftsman 16 Strands 7N Single Crystal Copper/Silver Mixed Upgrade Headphones Cable for Astell&Kern AKT1P AKT5P 2nd Focal Stellia Elegia Elear JVCHA-SW01 HA-SW02 (6.35mm Stereo Plug)

20220115_224608.jpg

Seem to be very well build, very soft and lightweight, and they do assist to be much brighter than my stock Focal MG cables. About 7' long, so perfect length for me.

20220115_224618.jpg

Nicely packaged, and come with a pouch (that I will never use). $300 is a bit steep for Chinese cables. Looking to compare them to my Norne that are arriving later this week.

Jan 16, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #7,406 of 9,186
That should be an interesting comparison. I have/had a couple of their iem cables. One of their less expensive ofc copper + silver plated cables and also a pure silver cable. Still have the copper cable. They are pretty nice. Nothing too fancy but sound good and seem well built. They are overpriced considering the cost of the materials but they certainly aren't alone in that regard. I'll watch for your impressions of the cable.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #7,407 of 9,186
Those things look fantastic...

As far as the cheap cable aspect, lol, and actually staying with the Amazon reference, I recently picked up a UGreen cable to use as an interconnect between my audio switcher and amp. Nice quality cable, excellent and smooth RCA connectors, and I think the 6ft length cost about ten dollars. Overall I was impressed with the cable.

Jan 16, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #7,408 of 9,186
I bought some GUCraftsman from Amazon this week. Arrived on Saturday, so one week delivery ain't bad. Got THIS version:

20220116_202423.jpg

GUCraftsman 16 Strands 7N Single Crystal Copper/Silver Mixed Upgrade Headphones Cable for Astell&Kern AKT1P AKT5P 2nd Focal Stellia Elegia Elear JVCHA-SW01 HA-SW02 (6.35mm Stereo Plug)

20220115_224608.jpg

Seem to be very well build, very soft and lightweight, and they do assist to be much brighter than my stock Focal MG cables. About 7' long, so perfect length for me.

20220115_224618.jpg

Nicely packaged, and come with a pouch (that I will never use). $300 is a bit steep for Chinese cables. Looking to compare them to my Norne that are arriving later this week.
Would definitely be interested in how they compare to the Norne cables.

Jan 18, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #7,409 of 9,186
Hello, has anyone tried dissecting a KZ Gold silver copper mixed 560 cores? I have one using it and I found there are 2 cores in the jack that are not connected (ends are poiting outward the white glue or stuff) and based from the QDC pins since it is transparent, I can see the same thickness of cores and shows only 2 cores are soldered and each cores isn't even combined 2 as 1 on each pin.

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #7,410 of 9,186
Hello, has anyone tried dissecting a KZ Gold silver copper mixed 560 cores? I have one using it and I found there are 2 cores in the jack that are not connected (ends are poiting outward the white glue or stuff) and based from the QDC pins since it is transparent, I can see the same thickness of cores and shows only 2 cores are soldered and each cores isn't even combined 2 as 1 on each pin.
No but that wouldn't surprise me. One (or more) of, I believe it was a TRN branded cable, was notorious for not connecting all the wires. A lot of little wires for not a whole lot of money ... maybe they wouldn't all fit on the terminal :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back