Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 3, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #3,751 of 9,223
As a cable believer. I have to agree. I am sure the higher end cables can sound great as they should but spending over $500 to over a grand on a cables to me is a bit ridiculous. I have easily spent $500 on cables but it happens to be over 20 pairs of cables for too many earphones than I can admit to having.

I had a good buddy tell me he did a cable tour of them real fancy cables he got to hear. Also a follower of this thread. told me in a message that our cables we discover here sound almost the same. Lol. Yet folks will spend $500 plus on these boutique cables.

I would personally put any of the Electro Acousti cables against any cables that come out of these so called boutique cable companies. These guys have a huge mark up on their cables. They gotta get their share. I think about $200 is my limit on cables. Anything over that price. Better have a nice hybrid in ears attached to it as well.

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #3,752 of 9,223
really 200-240 moneys is the sweat spot.. anything more and neighbor kids laugh at you.. because you were ripped off :wink: and got not a single higher digit value..
Its really amazing how Olympic like competitive those Chinese manufacturers actually excel anything else on the market in pure performance but at a constant price..and i thing its some one-x man show small companies.. one guy knows the way( sounds so mandaloriaN..eh.. yeah..no)

Really those dull slowpoke other companies loose the race!.. and want 1k from you because the CNC'ed a ****ing ugly Separator or other stuff thats just cosmetics.. like painting the wheels of a car red.. that doesnt do crap.. subshit.. its red.. hurray.. ok..ehh.. . exactly.. i dont get the extra value of boutique crap any more..

i got 3 acousti ones and its a different experience and evolution in all of them..
og course i am drunken now.. jesus christ that i dont believe in ! but well the new one is amazing!!

i just dont get where we are heading now! Actually "more strands".. "more more".. "lets put this cable as a coating on that cable" ...

its kind of "increase it all.. more is better".. and i terms of my new one.. **** yeah!

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #3,753 of 9,223
Hi All, I keep on reading about these "balanced" cables, and it got me wondering if I'm missing a lot of tonal features from my TRN V90 and my upcoming Blon-03. I mainly use my OP 3T phone as my daily driver (Viper4Android+AINUR-NARSIL-MK-I software mod) and sometimes my PC (not a fan of any kind of ultra comfortable Headphones as they squeeze my head still) via the ancient FiiO E11 amp.

Is there a balanced cable that uses the 3.5mm terminal? Also, will I hear an improvement if I switch into using it?

Also, my take on these expensive cables is that since this thread is titled "Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!" Maybe we should only post cables that are less than 50 USD?

Since I cannot for that matter spend 100+ bucks for these snake oils. I do want to use snake oils though XD - for peace of mind and also for looks as well (I'm looking at you NiceHCK C13-1)

Cables that are priced at 100 USD and above are a nice business scam and should be forgotten from the Anals of Audiophiles XD

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #3,754 of 9,223
Hi All, I keep on reading about these "balanced" cables, and it got me wondering if I'm missing a lot of tonal features from my TRN V90 and my upcoming Blon-03. I mainly use my OP 3T phone as my daily driver (Viper4Android+AINUR-NARSIL-MK-I software mod) and sometimes my PC (not a fan of any kind of ultra comfortable Headphones as they squeeze my head still) via the ancient FiiO E11 amp.

Is there a balanced cable that uses the 3.5mm terminal? Also, will I hear an improvement if I switch into using it?

Also, my take on these expensive cables is that since this thread is titled "Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!" Maybe we should only post cables that are less than 50 USD?

Since I cannot for that matter spend 100+ bucks for these snake oils. I do want to use snake oils though XD - for peace of mind and also for looks as well (I'm looking at you NiceHCK C13-1)

Cables that are priced at 100 USD and above are a nice business scam and should be forgotten from the Anals of Audiophiles XD

Balanced cables (2.5mm trrs/3.5mm trrs/4.4mm trrrs connector) only work on sources with balanced output.
A good balanced amp design can provide more power, better S/N and lower THD. Only the good one.
Not to be rude, but neither a cable nor a source will make any significant change on the BLON. Get a better iem.
This is also a bang for buck cable thread, so something like the AG8 still stands.
IMO a good litz 7n occ copper cable or a thick pure silver cable like the AG8 worth the pricetag over $100.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #3,756 of 9,223
Need your help folks. I am an unlucky owner of the drop + JVC fdx1 and I am not blown away by them. They lack bass impact and after some cable rolling (tried isn h16 and cema 4 cores UPOCC copper, with my 2-pin to mmcx adapter) I can see a small increase in the bass department but I need some more slam. What's the best cable for "added bass definition" under $100?
Merci!

Jan 4, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #3,757 of 9,223
Balanced cables (2.5mm trrs/3.5mm trrs/4.4mm trrrs connector) only work on sources with balanced output.
A good balanced amp design can provide more power, better S/N and lower THD. Only the good one.
Not to be rude, but neither a cable nor a source will make any significant change on the BLON. Get a better iem.
This is also a bang for buck cable thread, so something like the AG8 still stands.
IMO a good litz 7n occ copper cable or a thick pure silver cable like the AG8 worth the pricetag over $100.
Cheers.

Nah, I think I'll pass searching for that "better Iem thing" as it's a fool's errand to spend 200+ for it and add another 200+ usd cable just for kicks - I've auditioned this kind of combo and my nicely cleaned earns didn't event noticed any improvement from my current setup. Our mind plays tricks whenever we spend something beyond the norm, everytime I hear someone "OMG this just puts a nice sound I never heard of from my stock cable a to z" I chuckle because they're now unconsciously defending their purchase - because snake oil is just around the corner.

For me any cables that goes past the NiceHCK C16-1, C16-2, or C16-3, in terms of price - aren't worth it and they're the ultimate snake oil in my book.

Anyway thanks for the info regarding this "balanced" thing, gonna audition this kind of setup if there's really an improvement in the SQ that's worth my hard earned cash.

Jan 4, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #3,758 of 9,223
Currently pairing ISN AG8 with Campfire Andromeda MW10 and colour me impressed. The ISN AG8 is currently ISN flagship cable with 8 cores and the material is silver. I hear better bass extension, more present & organic midrange & detailed yet smooth top end. It elevates the already immersive soundstage on the Andromeda MW10. Definitely the best ISN cable to date which comes as no surprise.

photo_2020-01-04_21-11-06.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #3,759 of 9,223
Nah, I think I'll pass searching for that "better Iem thing" as it's a fool's errand to spend 200+ for it and add another 200+ usd cable just for kicks - I've auditioned this kind of combo and my nicely cleaned earns didn't event noticed any improvement from my current setup. Our mind plays tricks whenever we spend something beyond the norm, everytime I hear someone "OMG this just puts a nice sound I never heard of from my stock cable a to z" I chuckle because they're now unconsciously defending their purchase - because snake oil is just around the corner.

For me any cables that goes past the NiceHCK C16-1, C16-2, or C16-3, in terms of price - aren't worth it and they're the ultimate snake oil in my book.

Anyway thanks for the info regarding this "balanced" thing, gonna audition this kind of setup if there's really an improvement in the SQ that's worth my hard earned cash.

I just switched to a balanced setup for my zs10 pro’s. I went with a tripowin c8 balanced cable, $29.00 on amazon. Using the es100, I can’t say if it was the cable, or the switch to balanced, but I am definitely noticing a difference in sq.

Jan 4, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #3,761 of 9,223
I just switched to a balanced setup for my zs10 pro’s. I went with a tripowin c8 balanced cable, $29.00 on amazon. Using the es100, I can’t say if it was the cable, or the switch to balanced, but I am definitely noticing a difference in sq.
A bit off both

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #3,762 of 9,223
Nah, I think I'll pass searching for that "better Iem thing" as it's a fool's errand to spend 200+ for it and add another 200+ usd cable just for kicks - I've auditioned this kind of combo and my nicely cleaned earns didn't event noticed any improvement from my current setup.

I mean, if you didn't hear the difference between IEMs, different cables don't matter then. To each his own.

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #3,763 of 9,223
Comming back to my cheap 2.5 trrs FAAEL 4c cable which I don't like to much before hearing it.

I'm taking my words back, for the 15 euro this cable is really great, looks good, sounds good.
Can't compair them as this is balanced vs my other unbalanced cables that won't fit the dc01.

Removed the ear hooks and now they fit my needs will order a nother one because I don't have enough balanced cabels.

New look for the cable:
IMG_20200104_171211.jpg

In combination with the dc01 the trn sounds a little richer compaired to the kbear on the meizu HiFi dac.
IMG_20200104_170845.jpg

Thickness wise the cable is as thick or thicker than the kbear 16c
IMG_20200104_172708.jpg

IMG_20200104_172905.jpg

They both are flexible when you try to roll them so this is good too, only after the split the FAAEL does not really play nice.
IMG_20200104_172645.jpg

The FAAEL has a lot of memory in the cable tho, after the above picture I put them straight on the table and see here the result:
IMG_20200104_172951.jpg

But for 15 euro I won't complain and use this a work horse . Not afraid to get it between a jacket zipper or even get a cigarette spark on then. This cable sounds good and is kind of rugged.

My CCA C10 and Ikkio OH1 will get their own pair

Attachments

• IMG_20200104_172812.jpg
    IMG_20200104_172812.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200104_171501.jpg
    IMG_20200104_171501.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200104_171410.jpg
    IMG_20200104_171410.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200104_172800.jpg
    IMG_20200104_172800.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 0
Jan 4, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #3,764 of 9,223
Need your help folks. I am an unlucky owner of the drop + JVC fdx1 and I am not blown away by them. They lack bass impact and after some cable rolling (tried isn h16 and cema 4 cores UPOCC copper, with my 2-pin to mmcx adapter) I can see a small increase in the bass department but I need some more slam. What's the best cable for "added bass definition" under $100?
Merci!

Best cables for bass end happens to be NiceHCK Oalloy cables but now cost $125
Ha3a8bed7110c4493bdff7792dcad0990t.jpg

It seems the FDX1 is not your signature. No cable is gonna drastically change the tuning on a phone. Will increase bass perception but your actually better off EQing or adding bass boost. I say cut your losses and sell em off. The FDX1 is mostly a neutrally tuned earphone anyhow. Your better off getting something like the less expensive TRI I3 which has really good sub bass and you can get a nice cable on top of it for the price of the FDX1. I would sell it off and be done with. .

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #3,765 of 9,223
Best cables for bass end happens to be NiceHCK Oalloy cables but now cost $125
Ha3a8bed7110c4493bdff7792dcad0990t.jpg

It seems the FDX1 is not your signature. No cable is gonna drastically change the tuning on a phone. Will increase bass perception but your actually better off EQing or adding bass boost. I say cut your losses and sell em off. The FDX1 is mostly a neutrally tuned earphone anyhow. Your better off getting something like the less expensive TRI I3 which has really good sub bass and you can get a nice cable on top of it for the price of the FDX1. I would sell it off and be done with. .
I heard some encouraging improvements with the cable swaps so I am not giving up yet. Doing some cooking on them now. Will decide by the end of next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back