Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Dec 30, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #3,722 of 9,177
Actually for all my IEMs and headphones.. with Adapters from mmxc to 3,5mm and mini xlr.
The stockcables that came with the IEMs ... ehh.. hmm.....no.. they made me look for something that looked not like a worn out hooker.

And compared to magical powerranger cables from the high end (price) cable thread this here is about getting all that chifi magic can offer you from cheap to not so cheap.

Great to have a place to talk about cables that might be really good for a low price and anything new thats spotted.

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #3,724 of 9,177
Dec 31, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #3,726 of 9,177
but what bothers me most is that I asked before buying and they say yes and just send them with the hooks.
The mistake point was that you directly wrote to the seller via chat for your components wishes.
The best way is always to put your wishes into your order in the dedicated field directly, otherwise the seller will probably forget and I guess this is what happened to your case (unfortunately).

Here is exactly what I wrote in the field during my 175 order (and all my wishes matched perfectly once received) : "plug J / Y-Splitter F / MMCX B / No earguides / No slider"

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #3,727 of 9,177
20191231_161915.png

Here is the beautiful 175 with my Clears.

Welcome 2020, you can come now :)
sbQ4F3k

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #3,728 of 9,177
Very nice!
i will burn in and whatever my new one and then try to make a little comparison with 174,175 and the new one..
not yet 2020 here in germany :wink:)

but from what i can say.. its like a 175 with extra rumble bass you never experienced on your headphones and it has that sparkling sparkle of the treble i only had on my 174 ..
i missed that on ma 175.. those are super multiuse.. but when listening to some claude debussy or some intense woman jazz vocals... i missed that extra sparkle.. its like you have treble sparkle and someone polishes the sparkle for sparkle sparkle.. and with a rumbling sick bass that kicks you

from my impressions this cable elevates any kind of music to its max... tech house with sick bass kicks your teath out.. you are shocked that your headphones can make such a kicking bass.. and on opera, classic , vocals it delivers the same sparkle sparkle i only got on my 174 pure silver...

i got the 174 clarity sparkle sparkle with a rumbling bass that surpasses 175 by far..
its a fat high number core Copper with a full silver cable plated on it.. thats how it sounds...
Amazing and its thicker but not stiff... will be my new endboss to go cable for all

for now i would say the best cable electro acousti has ever made..
the most universal one..

My Sundaras suddenly have rumbling bass.. those cans normaly sound like ass in the bass department.. dry but thin bass.. My Shuore Tape also kick ass with this... Treble is nearly to much!1! on 175 its gentle and ok... really a crazy cable and worth any money for me noW!! does it all in one cable!

but will do some A/B once i have used it more

Edit: of course i was drunken yesterday when i wrote this :wink: but still i am super happy with this cable. Never had bass rumble with my headphones.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #3,729 of 9,177
FAAEAL HIBISCUS high purity 4-core cable

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000340444755.html Original FAAEAL Hibiscus Cable High Purity Copper 2pin 0.78mm Earphone Replace Repair 3.5mm Stereo/2.5mm/4.4mm Balanced Cables
(2-pin 2.5 mm balanced, 2-pin 4.4 mm balanced, 3.5 mm regular seems to be sold out at this moment)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000297658368.html FAAEAL 4 Core High Purity Copper 3.5mm Gold-plated Earphone Upgrade Cable With 2Pin Connector For TFZ/Kinera/TRN/KZ ZST/FAAEAL
[FAAEAL store] (2-pin 3.5 mm regular)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000515816813.html
AAEAL Official Store Offered Special Lucky Bag With Big Discount For Christmas/New Year Gift To Thanks For All Customers (11.90 USD)
GET THAT FRIGGIN CABLE NOW - before the offer runs out - lol :darthsmile::joy:

(2-pin only in that variant)

option: A 1PCS 2pin Cable

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #3,730 of 9,177
E3E4924D-BF31-4D4F-B889-9931539A1F1C.jpeg
DE67858C-0FEA-4FA7-BD97-26F778289BBF.jpeg
Very nice!
i will burn in and whatever my new one and then try to make a little comparison with 174,175 and the new one..
not yet 2020 here in germany :wink:)

but from what i can say.. its like a 175 with extra rumble bass you never experienced on your headphones and it has that sparkling sparkle of the treble i only had on my 174 ..
i missed that on ma 175.. those are super multiuse.. but when listening to some claude debussy or some intense woman jazz vocals... i missed that extra sparkle.. its like you have treble sparkle and someone polishes the sparkle for sparkle sparkle.. and with a rumbling sick bass that kicks you

from my impressions this cable elevates any kind of music to its max... tech house with sick bass kicks your teath out.. you are shocked that your headphones can make such a kicking bass.. and on opera, classic , vocals it delivers the same sparkle sparkle i only got on my 174 pure silver...

i got the 174 clarity sparkle sparkle with a rumbling bass that surpasses 175 by far..
its a fat high number core Copper with a full silver cable plated on it.. thats how it sounds...
Amazing and its thicker but not stiff... will be my new endboss to go cable for all

for now i would say the best cable electro acousti has ever made..
the most universal one..

My Sundaras suddenly have rumbling bass.. those cans normaly sound like ass in the bass department.. dry but thin bass.. My Shuore Tape also kick ass with this... Treble is nearly to much!1! on 175 its gentle and ok... really a crazy cable and worth any money for me noW!! does it all in one cable!

but will do some A/B once i have used it more

Edit: of course i was drunken yesterday when i wrote this :wink: but still i am super happy with this cable. Never had bass rumble with my headphones.

I had a simple set of cables made for my 560s using mogami wire and Furutech connectors that do a very good job of allowing the bass to rumble. Also, I recommend trashing the focus earpads and getting an audeze style set - they will really let your sundaras sing (at least they did for my 560s).

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/182764333555 (images you top)

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #3,731 of 9,177
I got dekoni hybrids on my sundaras for comfort. I guess i wont do much with sundaras in a while after i get my sash tres.
Thanks for the info!

Ah does pads look like ZMF Eikon clones :wink: .. i think i would go for ZMF pads if i get new ones...
Still i really like that bass thats more when it should be more. Jazz and classic Music sounds wonderful too.. Of course could be be pure imagination and i was to lazy to compare anything until now.

Jan 1, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #3,732 of 9,177
DSC06829.JPG Happy NEW YEARS!! Today starts out with a bang.
ISN AG8 in the house connected to the newest of the new TRI I3 hybrid.
ISN AG8 is the thickest pure silver cable I have ever seen. 8 cores but each core is got a lot of silver content. Will let you all know how it is once the sound settles. So far this combo sounds amazing.

Jan 1, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #3,733 of 9,177
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000515816813.html
AAEAL Official Store Offered Special Lucky Bag With Big Discount For Christmas/New Year Gift To Thanks For All Customers (11.90 USD)
GET THAT FRIGGIN CABLE NOW - before the offer runs out - lol :darthsmile::joy:

(2-pin only in that variant)

option: A 1PCS 2pin Cable

Are you suggesting that the Hibuscus cable will be good for the V90? Or the AS06? How much does the cable usually cost?

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #3,734 of 9,177
ISN%20AUDIOAG8-700x700.jpg
So a bit more about these. The ISN AG8. These things are just amazing. They retail for $200 in any termination you want of course and is the newest flagship level cable from ISN. Can be bought on Penon audio web site. So what separates this particular cable with other silver cables I have owned.? For one these are a true pure silver cable and another aspect or design of the cables is how thick this cable is. I was surprised when I open the box and this cable is as thick as their C-16, H-16, S-16 cables and as you guys know those are some of the thickest cables around. I don't have any that are thicker than those actually.

I am not sure the sub core count but each core on these is thicker than your average 8 cores from EA for example. Much thicker, about twice as thick. Not only does the cable has some substance but what it does for sonics is amazing. I started to burn in my new TRi I3 the pic I posted previously using this cable. This morning I took a good listen to the phones and I was just amazed!

Sound is just so fluid. Mids to treble has a more silkier quality to it. Bass while tighter sounding also jumped up in texture and rumble in the sub regions. I never knew how good pure silver cables could be until cable 175 from EA and now these. I think the most crazy aspect about this cable and I don't know if it is due to how many cores it has but music sounds deeper, cleaner, better separated, has better precision, I have had a few cheaper silver cables in the past but none of those cables comes close to what these do. These things are amazing. I will write a full review about these soon but for now. Ya these are not cheap but I found out these can easily hang with any boutique level pure silver cables out on the market that cost 2X as much. I like these so much I am considering getting a 2 pin version.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #3,735 of 9,177
Very nice @Dsnuts !

Looks like both EA and ISN have some sick new stuff out that wrecks our wallets :wink:
Its really hard to believe that pure silver can do this what you describe!
I have the 174 8core pure silver and 175 was a a difference in terms of bass..

I hope i can also get my hands on my TRI i3 that are handed over to last mile carrier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back