Loving the sound of CELLO!
Mar 31, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #91 of 136

4 holes vented per driver, bowl pads, white grillcloth removed, and red oak wood shells (as seen in my avatar). I love what it does with rock (cus that's what they were always good at) but the woodies give an incredible feeling to acoustic guitar and string instruments (and female vocals, omg). I especially love how they resolve with the warm tones of cellos. Full on orchestra peices are too much for the forward soundstage though, it gets sort of chaotic.
Quote:
No, your Grados are more than up to the task. (What's the mod, btw?)

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #93 of 136
Kodaly: Solo Cello Sonata Op.8

Apr 1, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #94 of 136
Personally - I use the DT 800 (600 ohms) for the classical music because I like the clean, natural sonorities of the instruments to come through - and of course that includes the cello. However, I will be totally honest and say that I adore the cello the way it sounds on the HD600. 

Apr 9, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #95 of 136
signed up for my first cello class 
biggrin.gif
 exCITED!!

Apr 13, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #101 of 136
An interview and some performance by Jordi Savall on the viola da gamba (a cello forebear). It's in Spanish, but even if you don't understand what he's saying, the early music is great.

Apr 13, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #102 of 136

Quote:
An interview and some performance by Jordi Savall on the viola da gamba (a cello forebear). It's in Spanish, but even if you don't understand what he's saying, the early music is great.

I've seen Mr. Savall twice (with Philharmonia Baroque). I love his work and have much of it. Viola da Gamba. An amazing amount written for it (Marais, Forqueray, Lawes, Jenkins, St. Colombe, etc.). Some great players and recordings out there too. Highly recommend any cello lover to do some research into this area.

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #103 of 136
I'd give a lot to hear Mr. Savall. I've got a number of his recordings with Hesperion XX.  He also did the sound track on that movie about Marais (only the French would do a bio pic on an early music composer and with Gerard Depardieu!) with a wonderful version of the sonnerie de ste-geneviève du mont-de-paris. I'll see if I can find a YouTube of that.

Here you go.

Apr 13, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #104 of 136

Quote:

Anyways, do you guys know of such headphones?  =O!

I don't know of such a headphone that will produce exactly what you're looking for.  However, I can offer you a full-sized cello (4/4) along with a hard case finished off in a medium blue metallic paint.  I forget the manufacturer of the bow - though, it was costly.  This equipment was purchased from a local professional instrument shop and was only utilized for 10 music lessons and a small amount of practice at home.  Now, it's just sitting because my daughter is strictly focusing on the violin, which she has been playing for well over 8 years.

I'll let the cello package go for $2,000 and we can provide all of the original paperwork from the instrument shop, etc. to include receipts.

PM me if you're interested.
biggrin.gif

I'm sure you'll be playing like Yo-Yo Ma in no time at all ... filling your house with the lively sounds of the cello.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back