Lotoo PAW S2 USB DAC AMP 150 mW@32 ohm 4.4 , MQA - New Firmware released 26 January 2.0.0.5 link added first post.
Sep 14, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #391 of 443
AARGH! Same problem here with iOS 16. I found the fix, though, searching the web via Google. The answer is that the upgrade (this has happened before with other iOS upgrades) turned "off" a previous setting that you and I had "on" (idiots at Apple). In Settings, go to "Face ID & Passcode." After entering your passcode, scroll down to the bottom of the settings listed there. The second to last entry is "USB Accessories." You and I had it turned ON before, but the iOS 16 upgrade turned it off, so slide the button to turn it back on. The displayed information says "Turn off to prevent USB accessories from connecting when your iPhone has been locked for more than an hour."
That worked. Thanks

Sep 15, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #392 of 443
AARGH! Same problem here with iOS 16. I found the fix, though, searching the web via Google. The answer is that the upgrade (this has happened before with other iOS upgrades) turned "off" a previous setting that you and I had "on" (idiots at Apple). In Settings, go to "Face ID & Passcode." After entering your passcode, scroll down to the bottom of the settings listed there. The second to last entry is "USB Accessories." You and I had it turned ON before, but the iOS 16 upgrade turned it off, so slide the button to turn it back on. The displayed information says "Turn off to prevent USB accessories from connecting when your iPhone has been locked for more than an hour."
JML

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE FIX!

Sep 25, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #393 of 443
Hi, is this Dongle capable for Bitperfect Playback on Windows?
Thanks

Oct 2, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #395 of 443
I have ordered a Lotoo Paw S2 Lighting Version. Today i have received that. But I cannot understatnd whether it is the lighting version or the type C version. Because there aren't any differentiate mark on the box. Should I open it or send back to China? .. I am totally confused

Oct 2, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #396 of 443
I have ordered a Lotoo Paw S2 Lighting Version. Today i have received that. But I cannot understatnd whether it is the lighting version or the type C version. Because there aren't any differentiate mark on the box. Should I open it or send back to China? .. I am totally confused

There is only one S2, comes standard with two usb-c cables, short and long one. Whoever sold it to you probably bundled it with usb-c to lightning otg cable. Double check that it is included.

Oct 3, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #397 of 443
There is only one S2, comes standard with two usb-c cables, short and long one. Whoever sold it to you probably bundled it with usb-c to lightning otg cable. Double check that it is included.
Hi do you know if there is a significant difference between S1 and S2 in terms of power output? Numbers don't really show much difference specifically in balanced.

Oct 3, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #398 of 443
Hi do you know if there is a significant difference between S1 and S2 in terms of power output? Numbers don't really show much difference specifically in balanced.

No significant difference, just recall there was a boost in 3.5mm between S2 and S1. The noticeable difference was in sound quality. I covered it here.

Oct 6, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #400 of 443
I purchased the UAPP in app MQA. While Mqa decoding works well with my LG V30 and S2 shows mqa 4x, it doesnt work with my Note 10 Lite. I thought it will work on all android phones. Anyone having the same issue?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #401 of 443
So S2 or Questyle M15 just for sound quality?
I've got both... Those devices are great but really different in flavor. It depends Yours taste, IEM pairing rather SQ. In short... smoother presentation with multi-layered low-end -> S2, more air with great dynamics with raw "power" and so'called Sabre sparke :) -> M15.

Dec 12, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #402 of 443
The S2 is great; it provides some nice color and settings my Mojo2 doesn't, especially in Tidal. For Apple music, I am still experimenting with the settings.

Dec 14, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #403 of 443
Can somebody say something about the Output Impedance (SE/Balanced)? How low is it? I can't find anything about it in the WWW.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #404 of 443
Just got mine a week ago and facing some issues, my local distributor is contacting lotoo for an answer too as they don’t have a way to help me but thought I’ll try my luck here

There is some popping and crackling noise when I use the lotoo paw s2 (latest firmware) with my iPhone 13 Pro iOS 16.1.1. The issue is specifically for this device pairing as I have tried other devices with no issues as well as switched the cables

Anyone has any idea what’s going on? 😅

Dec 14, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #405 of 443
It should come in a different box, at least my lightning cable mine did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back