Lotoo PAW S2 USB DAC AMP 150 mW@32 ohm 4.4 , MQA - New Firmware released 26 January 2.0.0.5 link added first post.
Jun 14, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #377 of 443
Looks like S2 and W2 won't be getting any other updates.
Wondering if there will be a S3 soon.

My thought is the S2 was a necessary release because the S1 had rfi noise susceptibility. Don’t know what else Lotoo could do with this product category for now, the S2 kills it.

Jun 16, 2022 at 5:32 AM Post #378 of 443
My thought is the S2 was a necessary release because the S1 had rfi noise susceptibility. Don’t know what else Lotoo could do with this product category for now, the S2 kills it.
It sounds strange, but I think that maybe the next step will be a model with two types of S1+S2 sound delivery.

Jun 16, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #379 of 443
It sounds strange, but I think that maybe the next step will be a model with two types of S1+S2 sound delivery.

It has the Lotoo house sound which is warmer than most others. When I bought my S1, my first Lotoo product, I fell in love with its tonal character which led me to buying a paw gold touch titanium. I’m in dap heaven. 😌

If you like a more detailed character in the mids/trebles, definitely check out the ATE filters on the S2, or even the pmeq filters (I prefer the former) since it will likely give you what you want. ✌️

Jun 18, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #380 of 443
Yep, that would be a nice comparison to see :)
Thanks for echoing my question!

The iFi Go Bar seems amazing - if it is has even a slightly superior sound quality or even if it is just on par with the Lotoo Paw S2, with the Bar's unbelievable power output, I would definitely go for it, though in my case, it would be in addition, unfortunately not a replacement because of the complete playback control functionality (Play, Pause, Next, Previous) on the Paw S2 (vs. the Volume only on the Go Bar) - any chance for a next gen. Go Bar with added payback controls? Or maybe even better and sooner, if technically possible - an upgraded firmware for the Go Bar (1) that is already available?

Thank you!

Jun 18, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #381 of 443
Hey Friends,

Has anyone who is familiar with the Lotoo Paw S2 had the opportunity to experience the iFi Go Bar and can share impressions of how they compare in SOUND QUALITY?

(I assume that S2 is the best out there when it comes to features, given its unparalleled complete playback controls, and that it and all others are inferior to the Go Bar when it comes to power output)

Thank you!
I would also add BATTERY POWER CONSUMPTION to the comparison (obviously at a comparable SPL output - not with the Go Bar at its maximum output), perhaps with the Lotoo Paw S2 at its maximum volume vs. the iFi Go Bar set to generate a similar volume.

Thanks to whoever might, hopefully, be able to take on it!

Jun 28, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #383 of 443
Good morning.Just got W2 Monday.Rapid service as usual from Musicteck.Excellent little dongle, compact , very good audio.A small query got Lotoo V2 lightning to usb cable but…Find if I even tip against cable music stops assuming there has to be some give in it? Any helpful hints..Found same with V1 also.Many thanks

Jul 14, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #385 of 443
Reposted from Ifi go bar thread. I hope it’s not breaking any rules , if it is, please do remove the duplicate one.

Hi, long time lurker here. Im hoping to get into your world at some level. I thought about buying a dap but decided against it. Always have to carry two phones with me (for work), so I can’t imagine a dap as well.

So I was looking at portable dac’s. I narrowed it down to lotoo paw s2 and Ifi go bar (not the gold one). The s2 is marginally cheaper here (India).

Now my fear with both is, looking at the comments here, they have issues with iPhones. I have 13 pro max as a daily driver and 12 mini for work/backup. This kinda has me freaking out. We also have dragonfly cobalt/red here, ru6, the other ifi products, fiio q3, moonriver etc. I’m a bit lost in this world, I heard some flac from a friend , and I was just blown away.

I’m also looking for IEM’s, and I’m sorry, I do struggle a bit to identify what IEM can be driven by what dac on my iPhone 13 pro max.
So far I’ve shortlisted 3, fiio fa9, mext mk2, ca andromeda.
If someone could help me make a choice, that would help a lot.

Jul 14, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #386 of 443
The Lotoo has no problems with iPhones as long as you get the right cable. And they match up very well with my FiiO FD5 (FiiO LC-RC cable, Sedna Xelastec or Crystal tips).

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #387 of 443
The Lotoo has no problems with iPhones as long as you get the right cable. And they match up very well with my FiiO FD5 (FiiO LC-RC cable, Sedna Xelastec or Crystal tips).
Curious which OTG cable you’re using with the S2. I’m using the Lotoo cable currently with my iPhone…it works great, but love to upgrade!

Jul 15, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #388 of 443
See my earlier posts. I got two others, but the cable end needs to fit in my iPhone case socket. All work fine; the Lotoo has the smallest plug, but the cable is pretty thin.

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #390 of 443
AARGH! Same problem here with iOS 16. I found the fix, though, searching the web via Google. The answer is that the upgrade (this has happened before with other iOS upgrades) turned "off" a previous setting that you and I had "on" (idiots at Apple). In Settings, go to "Face ID & Passcode." After entering your passcode, scroll down to the bottom of the settings listed there. The second to last entry is "USB Accessories." You and I had it turned ON before, but the iOS 16 upgrade turned it off, so slide the button to turn it back on. The displayed information says "Turn off to prevent USB accessories from connecting when your iPhone has been locked for more than an hour."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back