Lotoo PAW S2 USB DAC AMP 150 mW@32 ohm 4.4 , MQA - New Firmware released 26 January 2.0.0.5 link added first post.
May 14, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #361 of 443
I have had the S2 burning in all day yesterday, and just took a listen with my Serial's hooked up, and man o man this little dongle is insanely good! I am actually quite stunned by how amazing the sound is from top to bottom, and the staging is fantastic as well. The S2 is freaking legit! This is my first Lotoo product, and with what I am hearing from the S2, I know for certain this will not be last.

The S1 was my first Lotoo product which led me to buy its Titanium dap next, then the S2 when it was released. The tone is so beautiful to my ears. 😁

May 15, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #362 of 443
The S1 was my first Lotoo product which led me to buy its Titanium dap next, then the S2 when it was released. The tone is so beautiful to my ears. 😁
Yes sir! I will own one of their high end DAPs one of these days no doubt.

May 17, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #363 of 443
I got the S2 today and I‘m really impressed soundwise. The only problem is that the display shows correct sample rate but bitrate is always 32bit no matter if I play 16bit files or 24bit files. (PCM via lightning port from iPhone with Apple Music App). Why does the bitrate not update depending on the file?

May 18, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #364 of 443
good evening everyone, I found this interesting discussion on paw s2 and I joined this beautiful forum. I have a problem between my smartphone and the paw and I think it is the fault of the smartphone, when I hook the paw it often does not recognize it and I have to disconnect and reconnect often. my smartphone is an oppo to 94 and I was wondering if I can do something to solve this problem.
thanks and sorry for my english

May 18, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #365 of 443
good evening everyone, I found this interesting discussion on paw s2 and I joined this beautiful forum. I have a problem between my smartphone and the paw and I think it is the fault of the smartphone, when I hook the paw it often does not recognize it and I have to disconnect and reconnect often. my smartphone is an oppo to 94 and I was wondering if I can do something to solve this problem.
thanks and sorry for my english

Your problem sounds like what I experienced- connected but no sound. I bought a new OTG cable. Problem solved

May 18, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #366 of 443
I got the S2 today and I‘m really impressed soundwise. The only problem is that the display shows correct sample rate but bitrate is always 32bit no matter if I play 16bit files or 24bit files. (PCM via lightning port from iPhone with Apple Music App). Why does the bitrate not update depending on the file?
I just recently bought a S2 as well, and just noticed I am getting the same thing as you. 32bit is always displaying. Can anyone shed some light on this for us?

May 19, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #368 of 443
hello yes i tried to use another cable but it doesn't work. do you have a cable to recommend?
the strange thing is that if I use usb audio players the dac is recognized while if I use qobuz it is not.
The Meenova

USB C DAC OTG Cable 0.5ft/15cm for iPhone/iPad/iPod​

From Amazon

May 20, 2022 at 12:08 AM Post #369 of 443
I just recently bought a S2 as well, and just noticed I am getting the same thing as you. 32bit is always displaying. Can anyone shed some light on this for us?

Both the S1 and S2 upscale the bitrate. I don’t believe it affects the sound in anyway since everything above 24 bit is padded with zeros.

May 20, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #371 of 443
I instead tried using the same track from qobuz 96 khz and using the Fiio M6 it gives me on the display 48k 16 bit - with smartphone 48k 32 bit - with smartphone passing from usb audio players pro 96k 32 bit. why this diference?

May 20, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #372 of 443
Both the S1 and S2 upscale the bitrate. I don’t believe it affects the sound in anyway since everything above 24 bit is padded with zeros.
Thanks for the info, and it's nice to know why 32 bit is always displayed. :beerchug: I kind of figured nothing could be wrong, if it sounds this good. I absolutely love the S2 paired up with my Penon Serial and the synergy is crazy good! The staging is quite holographic and deep, with really good imaging and seperation. There is some magic going on under the hood of this little thing no doubt.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #374 of 443
Hey Friends,

Has anyone who is familiar with the Lotoo Paw S2 had the opportunity to experience the iFi Go Bar and can share impressions of how they compare in SOUND QUALITY [EDIT: and also BATTERY POWER CONSUMPTION at similar SPL]?

(I assume that S2 is the best out there when it comes to features, given its unparalleled complete playback controls, and that it and all others are inferior to the Go Bar when it comes to power output)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #375 of 443
Lotoo Paw S2 had the opportunity to experience the iFi Go Bar and can share impressions of how they compare in SOUND QUALITY?

Yep, that would be a nice comparison to see :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back