Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Mar 25, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #3,136 of 3,519
Yes, it’s possible to change the UI Color Theme on the LPGT Ti. Don’t know it it’s in the same way as PAW6k, as I don’t have it.

I don’t have any AIFF files so I’m not sure it it supports it.
It supports AIFF. I have one album in AIFF. Regular LPGT.

Mar 25, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #3,138 of 3,519
I must say, I very much regretting selling my LPGT Ti. Money has been tight, and I'm not on the move all that much these days; and I was hoping to be able to afford a nice but relatively economical desktop system, but that hasn't been possible yet.

What a fantastic sounding and all around great device.

Mar 25, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #3,139 of 3,519
I must say, I very much regretting selling my LPGT Ti. Money has been tight, and I'm not on the move all that much these days; and I was hoping to be able to afford a nice but relatively economical desktop system, but that hasn't been possible yet.

What a fantastic sounding and all around great device.
I love my Lotoo Paw Gold Touch. It isn't the titanium, but it is wonderful.

Mar 29, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #3,140 of 3,519
Hi all,

Can the Gold Touch group albums of the same artist together or are they just sorted alphabetically by album name?
e.g. if i have 8 Dire Straits albums would they be grouped together?

I'm interested in getting a Gold Touch or a Gold Touch Titanium (can't decide and unsure if there is much sound difference between these two)

Many Thanks for any help...

Mar 29, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #3,141 of 3,519
Hi all,

Can the Gold Touch group albums of the same artist together or are they just sorted alphabetically by album name?

I'm interested in getting a Gold Touch or a Gold Touch Titanium (can't decide and unsure if there is much sound difference between these two)

If I am understanding you correctly, those 8 Dire Straits albums would all be grouped together under a Dire Straits menu. So, you can then select Dire Straits from the artist menu and see each of the 8 albums listed OR select play all to play them all like they were one album. It will not play Track 1 from each of the 8 albums all in a row than proceed to track 2 from each album. Nor will it play each song alphabetically, regardless of album.

If selecting play all for the artist, it will play those albums alphabetically, so if you wanted to play each by year it was released, for example, you would need a bit of a workaround. Easiest way would be to name the album something like "1997 Album Title" so that playing them alphabetically is the same as playing them chronologically. Hope that helps!

Mar 29, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #3,142 of 3,519
Hi all,

You can choose several display options, group by artists and separately alphabetically :) I also selling my Lotoo Paw Gold Touch :D

Mar 29, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #3,143 of 3,519
If I am understanding you correctly, those 8 Dire Straits albums would all be grouped together under a Dire Straits menu. So, you can then select Dire Straits from the artist menu and see each of the 8 albums listed OR select play all to play them all like they were one album. It will not play Track 1 from each of the 8 albums all in a row than proceed to track 2 from each album. Nor will it play each song alphabetically, regardless of album.

If selecting play all for the artist, it will play those albums alphabetically, so if you wanted to play each by year it was released, for example, you would need a bit of a workaround. Easiest way would be to name the album something like "1997 Album Title" so that playing them alphabetically is the same as playing them chronologically. Hope that helps!
I do apologise but I meant to say if the 8 Dire Straits albums would be grouped together in the 'Album List' menu on the Gold Touch or would they be sorted alphabetically e.g. Alchemy sorted by A, Making Movies sorted by M?

The reason I ask... I would like to view my music with the large album art. I also play one album at a time...

Many Thanks

Mar 29, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #3,144 of 3,519
I do apologise but I meant to say if the 8 Dire Straits albums would be grouped together in the 'Album List' menu on the Gold Touch or would they be sorted alphabetically e.g. Alchemy sorted by A, Making Movies sorted by M?

The reason I ask... I would like to view my music with the large album art. I also play one album at a time...

Many Thanks

Ah. I think I got it now.

If you're looking at the Album List like that, it's all alphabetical. So, Alchemy would be towards the start of the list, and Making Movies towards the middle. Only way around that would be to change the album title to something like "Dire Straits - Alchemy."

I am running an older firmware version, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that that has changed.

Mar 29, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #3,145 of 3,519
Ah. I think I got it now.

If you're looking at the Album List like that, it's all alphabetical. So, Alchemy would be towards the start of the list, and Making Movies towards the middle. Only way around that would be to change the album title to something like "Dire Straits - Alchemy."

I am running an older firmware version, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that that has changed.
Ok, that's what I thought. Good idea about adding Dire Straits into the album title, could be a good workaround...

I apologise for asking another question but if I used the large album art view in the 'Artist List' could this get me the 8 albums grouped together but still showing 8 individual albums?

Many Thanks

Mar 29, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #3,146 of 3,519
You can choose several display options, group by artists and separately alphabetically :) I also selling my Lotoo Paw Gold Touch :D
I was considering a used unit in immaculate condition but I may end up buying a new one. Still undecided on OG or Titanium...
Many Thanks...

Mar 29, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #3,147 of 3,519
Ok, that's what I thought. Good idea about adding Dire Straits into the album title, could be a good workaround...

I apologise for asking another question but if I used the large album art view in the 'Artist List' could this get me the 8 albums grouped together but still showing 8 individual albums?

Many Thanks

Unfortunately, the large album art view only shows four full covers and half of two other covers per screen. The small album art view shows only six full covers at a time.

Mar 30, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #3,148 of 3,519
Unfortunately, the large album art view only shows four full covers and half of two other covers per screen. The small album art view shows only six full covers at a time.
Ok, I understand that but would the 8 albums be shown as 8 different album art in 'Artist View'?

I am not very good at describing things so apologies for the confusion...

Mar 30, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #3,150 of 3,519
Anyone know how to downgrade the firmware? Tried to copy the 1.1.1.11 COE file to the UPGRADE folder but it doesn't show up in Setting>Software version.
You cannot downgrade the firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back