Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Apr 2, 2023 at 5:33 AM Post #3,152 of 3,520
Got a LPGT yesterday.

I'm not too impressed by now (I wasn't impressed by the AK SP2000 either when I got it), maybe I'm too in love with the WM1Z signature :-/

I feel that the Fiio M17 is more clear, detailed and punchy, but the sound is a bit thinner. Fiio is doing a great job with its latest devices.

Hopefully that feeling changes with more listenings, since my idea was to stay with the Sony for enjoyment and with the Lotoo for reference listenings.
The Fiio is too big and heavy for me to use very often, even at home.
Finally, I'm using the LPGT more than the Sony WM1Z (stock).

I use it with the PMEQ "Headphones".
I notice a bigger 3d holographic scene than on the Sony, more clarity of sound in general, same dynamics.
I'm not an expert, but the sound, for me, is more addictive and enjoyable with this preset.

I hope that the plasticity of my brain will make me like the Sony more in a while, because I don't like having it stored without using it.

Apr 2, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #3,153 of 3,520
Finally, I'm using the LPGT more than the Sony WM1Z (stock).

I use it with the PMEQ "Headphones".
I notice a bigger 3d holographic scene than on the Sony, more clarity of sound in general, same dynamics.
I'm not an expert, but the sound, for me, is more addictive and enjoyable with this preset.

I hope that the plasticity of my brain will make me like the Sony more in a while, because I don't like having it stored without using it.
I have Sony NW-WM1Z and Lotoo Paw Gold Touch. There are times that I will like one above the other. Lately it's Sony, but that will change again. I created my own PMEQ. It is similar to Headphones setting, but seems a bit better to my ears.

Apr 2, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #3,154 of 3,520
I have Sony NW-WM1Z and Lotoo Paw Gold Touch. There are times that I will like one above the other. Lately it's Sony, but that will change again. I created my own PMEQ. It is similar to Headphones setting, but seems a bit better to my ears.
Creating PMEQ for each IEMs and Headphones is time-consuming but makes the LPGT a beast of a DAP

Apr 2, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #3,155 of 3,520
Creating PMEQ for each IEMs and Headphones is time-consuming but makes the LPGT a beast of a DAP
I cannot use IEMs because it kicks wax making into high gear. I use Shure SRH1540 headphones, Meze 109 Pro headphones, and Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7B headphones. All have balanced cables. All these do well with LPGT.

Apr 2, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #3,156 of 3,520
Ok, I understand that but would the 8 albums be shown as 8 different album art in 'Artist View'?

I am not very good at describing things so apologies for the confusion...

Under Artist View, all the albums would be listed in alphabetical order and grouped together in a list. There, you will see 5 albums on screen at a time. You do get to see the album art that way in little centimeter by centimeter squares. Big enough to identify them visually.

Apr 3, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #3,157 of 3,520
New firmware for both LGPT and Ti versions! Can be downloaded here: http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/Download/

In the notes of the Ti version, it says it doesn't work over wifi. Just a FYI. I did the local update and all went well. I have not tested anything yet.

Release notes from Ti firmware update 1.3.1.7:

Upgrade Release Notes:
1. Enabled personalized Dropdown Menu Shortcuts.
2. More options now available for the personalized Dropdown Menu Shortcuts.
3. Optimized the Playlist and added the option to sort songs by their ID3 titles.
4. Added a "My Favorites" list to the Playback interface and Playlist.
5. The Settings list has been improved for easier navigation.
6. Improved specific animation effects and user interface design features.
7. Optimized the WMA/FLAC decoders for improved compatibility.
8. Fixed an issue that resulted in system crashes when switching to USB DAC mode after playing DSD files with hardware decoding.

Apr 3, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #3,158 of 3,520
New firmware for both LGPT and Ti versions! Can be downloaded here: http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/Download/

In the notes of the Ti version, it says it doesn't work over wifi. Just a FYI. I did the local update and all went well. I have not tested anything yet.

Release notes from Ti firmware update 1.3.1.7:

Upgrade Release Notes:
1. Enabled personalized Dropdown Menu Shortcuts.
2. More options now available for the personalized Dropdown Menu Shortcuts.
3. Optimized the Playlist and added the option to sort songs by their ID3 titles.
4. Added a "My Favorites" list to the Playback interface and Playlist.
5. The Settings list has been improved for easier navigation.
6. Improved specific animation effects and user interface design features.
7. Optimized the WMA/FLAC decoders for improved compatibility.
8. Fixed an issue that resulted in system crashes when switching to USB DAC mode after playing DSD files with hardware decoding.

Thanks for the information, @bland125
If the update does not work over wifi it means that I have to transfer the downloaded file into a certain folder on the LPGT Ti ?
What is it about the mention that bluetooth has to be switched off ?
Would be great if you could explain how it works.

Apr 3, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #3,159 of 3,520
Thanks for the information, @bland125
If the update does not work over wifi it means that I have to transfer the downloaded file into a certain folder on the LPGT Ti ?
What is it about the mention that bluetooth has to be switched off ?
Would be great if you could explain how it works.
I upgraded my LPGT Ti few minutes ago... pretty straightforward operation. Just put .COE file on SD card in UPGRADE directory, turnoff BT in settings, reboot DAP (according to changelog), tap settings -> software version -> 1.3.1.7. After restart the device, you on new FW. Basically UI changes, sonically I can't hear difference.

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #3,160 of 3,520
I upgraded my LPGT Ti few minutes ago... pretty straightforward operation. Just put .COE file on SD card in UPGRADE directory, turnoff BT in settings, reboot DAP (according to changelog), tap settings -> software version -> 1.3.1.7. After restart the device, you on new FW. Basically UI changes, sonically I can't hear difference.
Did the firmware change the sound in the LPGT?

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #3,161 of 3,520

Yes, I arrived at the new FW 1.3.1.7.
But, finally I had to go to "settings/software version". On this screen the current (old) FW version and below the new FW version are displayed and I had to select "install" new FW. The procedure was successful.

Apr 3, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #3,162 of 3,520
A new version....
20230403_220616.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #3,163 of 3,520
updated mine to Firmware 1.1.2.15. No changes sound-wise.

The icons now look like this:
1.jpeg

From the Read Me files:

"Upgrade Requirements£º

1 The upgrade can only be performed using an SD card and cannot be done through WiFi.
2 Prior to upgrading, please switch off the player's Bluetooth and reboot.
3 It is essential to upgrade to this version of the firmware first before upgrading to any future versions, as it includes critical upgrade components required for all subsequent firmware updates. Upgrades across different versions are not supported."

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #3,164 of 3,520
Yeah in the end it looks a bit more modern and has a bit more flexibility with the dropdown menu and better settings organization. Few bugs fixes too. The only 2 things missing for my usage are the artist menu by album artist instead of song artist and the recently added to library. Still 100% worth it though.

Apr 3, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #3,165 of 3,520
Under Artist View, all the albums would be listed in alphabetical order and grouped together in a list. There, you will see 5 albums on screen at a time. You do get to see the album art that way in little centimeter by centimeter squares. Big enough to identify them visually.
Fantastic, exactly what I wanted to know, Sincerely Appreciated...

For anyone with the Touch OG and Touch Titanium, is there much sonic difference between the 2 models?

Many Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back