Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Apr 17, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #1,846 of 3,519
Yeah, it looks like I'm the only having issues; ironic, given where I live. :D

Yeah, update was lightning fast, was getting around 500Mb/s. Updating PAW6k now, that one is "only" 100Mb/s :)

Btw, they also added screen flipping where you can flip it 180deg thus can have volume and headphone ports at the bottom. Theme color change is cool since PAW6k has a different theme color, I was "jealous" before :D But I think flipping the screen will be useful for some as well who like their headphone jack at the bottom of the DAP.

Apr 18, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #1,848 of 3,519
Good point @vault108 . When I use USB DAC mode, I angle the cable around the back of my computer so it plugs cleanly into 'bottom' of the LPGT... which can now be the 'top'. This is a nice feature.

I agree that a shortcut would be useful. It is no big issue the way it is, but it would be nice to be able to flip the screen when already in USB DAC mode.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #1,849 of 3,519
Heyho!

So I got my LPGT a few days ago and I've been really really enjoying it, though I always felt like I needed just a bit more "wow" - this morning I tried the Headphone PMEQ and I was absolutely blown away - I think it has somewhat lifted lower treble though I'm not certain? The sound felt both clearer, with significantly improved texture. Any other recommendations for sound tweaks with the Lotoo? I feel like it's a waste having all these options and not using them to their full potential

Apr 19, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #1,850 of 3,519
Heyho!

So I got my LPGT a few days ago and I've been really really enjoying it, though I always felt like I needed just a bit more "wow" - this morning I tried the Headphone PMEQ and I was absolutely blown away - I think it has somewhat lifted lower treble though I'm not certain? The sound felt both clearer, with significantly improved texture. Any other recommendations for sound tweaks with the Lotoo? I feel like it's a waste having all these options and not using them to their full potential

Yes, "headphone" preset is something else, I even talked about it in my review. It also improves soundstage perception to a holographic level. Just remember to switch it off when reviewing and describing the sound of IEMs :wink: I caught myself doing it once to realize I was describing enhanced soundstage lol!

Apr 19, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #1,851 of 3,519
Yes, "headphone" preset is something else, I even talked about it in my review. It also improves soundstage perception to a holographic level. Just remember to switch it off when reviewing and describing the sound of IEMs :wink: I caught myself doing it once to realize I was describing enhanced soundstage lol!
Yeah I think that's going to be my default from here on out that's for sure. It sounds absolutely amazing with the Rosson RAD-0 as well, same goes for the A18s and the Z1R. Pretty crazy

Do you know if it's an EQ preset or if it changes something else additionally?

Apr 19, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #1,852 of 3,519
Heyho!

Try this PMEQ to lift the treble:

Band - Type - F0(Hz) - GAIN(dB) - Q

> BPF > 30 > 0.0 > 1.0
2 > BPF > 1900 > 1.4 > 0.6
3 > BPF > 5000 > 0.0 > 1.0
4 > BPF > 5500 > -1.4 > 1.0
5 > BPF > 10000 > 0 > 1.0

Others on here have liked this setting too. Full disclosure: I do not use this anymore; I like the treble of the LPGT as is. My headbanging days are over. :)

(I do tweak bass to compensate for the peculiarities of the Campfire Audio Atlas when using that IEM. I posted that setting in the Atlas thread.)

Apr 19, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #1,853 of 3,519
Try this PMEQ to lift the treble:

Band - Type - F0(Hz) - GAIN(dB) - Q

> BPF > 30 > 0.0 > 1.0
2 > BPF > 1900 > 1.4 > 0.6
3 > BPF > 5000 > 0.0 > 1.0
4 > BPF > 5500 > -1.4 > 1.0
5 > BPF > 10000 > 0 > 1.0

Others on here have liked this setting too. Full disclosure: I do not use this anymore; I like the treble of the LPGT as is. My headbanging days are over. :)

(I do tweak bass to compensate for the peculiarities of the Campfire Audio Atlas when using that IEM. I posted that setting in the Atlas thread.)
I’ll try that thanks!

Apr 19, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #1,854 of 3,519
Yeah I think that's going to be my default from here on out that's for sure. It sounds absolutely amazing with the Rosson RAD-0 as well, same goes for the A18s and the Z1R. Pretty crazy

Do you know if it's an EQ preset or if it changes something else additionally?

Lotoo is saying PEQ-only change, but I never noticed such a drastic improvement in soundstage with my IEMs in the past using Parametric EQ only. I also like Cowon's JetEffect dsp effects but there I know for sure it's more then just their semi-PEQ but also BBE dsp effects algorithm... But then, there are eq wizards like @Joe Bloggs who contributed to HibyMusic MSEB tuning, so I wouldn't be surprised if Lotoo also has some tricks up their sleeve.

Btw, they (Lotoo) introduced two new ATE presets in upcoming S1 usb dac which also going to be added in LPGT and PAW6K future fw updates.

Apr 19, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #1,855 of 3,519
Lotoo is saying PEQ-only change, but I never noticed such a drastic improvement in soundstage with my IEMs in the past using Parametric EQ only. I also like Cowon's JetEffect dsp effects but there I know for sure it's more then just their semi-PEQ but also BBE dsp effects algorithm... But then, there are eq wizards like @Joe Bloggs who contributed to HibyMusic MSEB tuning, so I wouldn't be surprised if Lotoo also has some tricks up their sleeve.

Btw, they (Lotoo) introduced two new ATE presets in upcoming S1 usb dac which also going to be added in LPGT and PAW6K future fw updates.
I’d actually really like to get an S1, it looks awesome!

I’m also a bit dubious about the Headphones effect being EQ only, it’s changed quite a few intangibles that I can’t imagine can be done by EQ-ing alone. Either way absolutely in love with what I’m hearing, lotoo have done an awesome awesome job!

Apr 26, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #1,856 of 3,519
Alright guys, maybe you can help me: Can you, who have heard (or own/owned) the Cayin N8 and the LPGT tell why you prefer the LPGT? Thing is: I am listening now for years with the Calyx M, which is a great, bold sounding DAP, but am looking for something new. Maybe in addition. Some, like @Hawaiibadboy, told us Calyx M fanboys in the N8 thread some time ago "stay where you are". Others say the N8 is an upgrade in sound. BUT we are in the LPGT thread haha, so I'd like to know why the hell should someone buy a DAP for over 3k (Euros), which is the cost of the LPGT in Europe? It´s such a crazy sum!
I have had the DTR1 lately, but passed on quite fast, not because I need a "warm" sound, but because I just don't want the music to sound too lean, small. I also don't need exaggeration. I just want the truest sound possible. A sound where my headphone (Focal Stellia) sounds like it should sound without adding something or taking something away in order to sound "cleaner". In other words: In need a sound as it would sound in a mastering studio, if that's even possible out of a DAP :wink:
Anyways, Stellia has enough bass and treble. So mids are most important to me. A linear sound BUT without sacrificing technicalities. The soundstage should be quite good out of the DAP, otherwise it would be too "small" for a closed back headphone. And I am not just talking about width but just 3D holographic sound, which means depth is also as important.
Long story short: Would the LPGT deliver that? Or is the N8 better in that regard?
What about those DSP functions. Are they cool or do you guys prefer the LPGT as it is? What about this "headphone" PEQ function. Is that also something you, @twister6 would use?

AND, most important: Is there anybody of you guys out there who wants to pass on your LPGT to me for a good deal (for both of us)? :)

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #1,857 of 3,519
Alright guys, maybe you can help me: Can you, who have heard (or own/owned) the Cayin N8 and the LPGT tell why you prefer the LPGT? Thing is: I am listening now for years with the Calyx M, which is a great, bold sounding DAP, but am looking for something new. Maybe in addition. Some, like @Hawaiibadboy, told us Calyx M fanboys in the N8 thread some time ago "stay where you are". Others say the N8 is an upgrade in sound. BUT we are in the LPGT thread haha, so I'd like to know why the hell should someone buy a DAP for over 3k (Euros), which is the cost of the LPGT in Europe? It´s such a crazy sum!
I have had the DTR1 lately, but passed on quite fast, not because I need a "warm" sound, but because I just don't want the music to sound too lean, small. I also don't need exaggeration. I just want the truest sound possible. A sound where my headphone (Focal Stellia) sounds like it should sound without adding something or taking something away in order to sound "cleaner". In other words: In need a sound as it would sound in a mastering studio, if that's even possible out of a DAP :wink:
Anyways, Stellia has enough bass and treble. So mids are most important to me. A linear sound BUT without sacrificing technicalities. The soundstage should be quite good out of the DAP, otherwise it would be too "small" for a closed back headphone. And I am not just talking about width but just 3D holographic sound, which means depth is also as important.
Long story short: Would the LPGT deliver that? Or is the N8 better in that regard?

AND: Is there anybody of you guys out there who wants to pass on your LPGT to me for a good deal? :)
The N8's primary function is the tube gimmick, and I heard some users say that the solid state section seemingly got neglected in favour of it, so the N8 would be pretty much the furthest thing from "a sound where your headphone sounds where it should sound without adding something", because the whole point of tubes is "adding something". I haven't had the opportunity to test the LPGT myself, and the only 100% surefire way to answer your question would be to hook it up to an APX555 and measure the frequency response. That said, everything everyone has ever written about the LPGT suggests that the answer to your question is; "Yes, it would. And no, the N8 absolutely wouldn't."

Apr 27, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #1,859 of 3,519

Users who are viewing this thread

Back