Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Apr 23, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #1,246 of 3,520
Depends what you want from IEM. One problem with RAI Penta is that fresh out of the box they sound like warm sound signature with slightly bloated bass. But after 100+ hours, its basic sound signature is still warm and relaxed but with tight/fast bass and excellent imaging and timber. They are also highly resolving. Once you passed this burning in period (probably both physical and brain burn in), I prefer RAI Penta to Khan on LPGT. Considering the price point, they may not be thought as TOTL. But to me they are clearly The One. YMMV.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, i will definitely hear them as they are beautiful and so suitable for a musician with the logo
Noble, I've not liked a single iem of theirs yet, khan might be different but i don't expect much

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #1,247 of 3,520
Let me know how the Paw Pico is, I really wanted to get it also, but only 32 GB memory was what stopped me.

I have had my new Pico for 2 days now and I like it a lot. So far I have been exclusively using it with my Tralucent Ref1 iem and the SQ of that combo is awesome. I don't think it lags Tera in SQ to be honest with you which I find suprising given how much I love Tera (which I also most often use with that same iem).
I still like Tera ergonomics more (better buttons and controls which allow to easily navigate 2 levels of folders), and obvioulsy no 32 GB limit on Tera. But for $200 and the superb SQ I think Pico is a steal - I'm actually thinking about ordering 2 more because you never know whether these types of small screenless players will even continue to be available in the future (and I prefer screenless because of small size, battery, and ergonomics of using while walking or running). One difference with Pico vs Tera is that I have to attach it to belt or belt loop instead of keeping it inside pocket, but that's no big deal because it's still very easy to operate. One advantage of Pico vs Tera is that I don't have to convert all files to wav - I can save some space using flac and also I have tried few dsf albums which sound fantastic on Pico (sound signature is not that different from LPG which does have more power and deeper bass, but at least with Ref1 iem it's hardly noticeable difference).

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #1,248 of 3,520
I respect your tastes but sincerely I can not understand how we can go from Lotoo touch to pico or tera and especially prefer it ?
it is the opposite normally that it is in options or in quality of sound especially that it looks more like a toy than a player.
I do not know the quality of the sound but I doubt that it can hold the comparison, nothing but physically, it's impossible for me .. a step back !

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #1,249 of 3,520
I respect your tastes but sincerely I can not understand how we can go from Lotoo touch to pico or tera and especially prefer it ?
it is the opposite normally that it is in options or in quality of sound especially that it looks more like a toy than a player.
I do not know the quality of the sound but I doubt that it can hold the comparison, nothing but physically, it's impossible for me .. a step back !

I have been buying the most $$$ DAP's for a while now and once ya buy, listen and judge you realizing it's a buncha gilding the lily.

There is virtually zero correlation between $$$ and S.Q.

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #1,250 of 3,520
I have been buying the most $$$ DAP's for a while now and once ya buy, listen and judge you realizing it's a buncha gilding the lily.

There is virtually zero correlation between $$$ and S.Q.
You've got a good point there. You should do a top 10 dap that you've ever heard

Apr 24, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #1,251 of 3,520
The DAP itself isn’t the one that end all component in the chain. The IEMS or headphones that it is paired with, the cables and so on. Ofcourse, there is little differences from LPGT vs PICO if you drive it with Beats by Dre.

Then there is another factor of diminishing return. The higher up the chain, the improvements will be into single digit, while the cost and development would increase by multiple folds. It is the same as F1 race car, 0.25 second ahead maybe nothing, but enough to determine the victorious. This 0.25 seconds would cost “god knows how much” vs the others. To whoever cares, there is a clean line between the victorious one and others, but to consumers, this 0.25 second isn’t worth spending millions dollars for.

Anyways, we are all here to express our opinions, views, impressions between devices. It speaks a lot for the people preferences, experiences, and so on, and each of us is entitled to our own. Mostly, putting up a debate against these are meaningless

Apr 24, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #1,252 of 3,520
You've got a good point there. You should do a top 10 dap that you've ever heard

Gun to my head, swear on my Mother...off the top of my head

OPUS #1 ( Genuine Aluminum chassis w diff opamps from plastic version)
Sony WM1Z/Cayin N8
OPUS #11 w/Note4
Calyx-M
iBasso DX150
Mojo w/Note4
Sony WM1A/ Sony ZX300
Lotoo Paw 5000 MkII
XUELIN H8
FiiO Q1MKII w/Note4

Not even Top 10
DX200 (First FW was disaster, a 2nd party creates mods to help the company and claims it helps the sound...cuz that dude is smarter than the iBasso techs...GTFOH)
LPGT ( They pretend there is no real English speaking staff but there is and they addressed me in this thread. Buncha frauds) Musictek saved me from disaster and halted my noise...props to them
QP2R ( Horrible G.U.I with average sound. nothing special whatsoever)
hifiman R2R ( Ever heard it?...yeah...nothing to say. Apple would be proud)

my 3 cents..

Apr 24, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #1,253 of 3,520

Sony WM1Z/Cayin N8
OPUS #11 w/Note4
Calyx-M
iBasso DX150
Mojo w/Note4
Sony WM1A/ Sony ZX300
Lotoo Paw 5000 MkII
XUELIN H8
FiiO Q1MKII w/Note4

Not even Top 10
DX200 (First FW was disaster, a 2nd party creates mods to help the company and claims it helps the sound...cuz that dude is smarter than the iBasso techs...GTFOH)
LPGT ( They pretend there is no real English speaking staff but there is and they addressed me in this thread. Buncha frauds) Musictek saved me from disaster and halted my noise...props to them

my 3 cents..
Wheres a AK?

Apr 24, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #1,254 of 3,520
Wheres a AK?

Jmills...
The ONLY person I trust in the DAP game. Cuz you buy your stuff with your money.

I forgot them..was going to edit but thought my forgetting them was telling. Same for Cowon Plenue 2

A&K...best G.U.I in the game
CP 2 Fantastic tweakablity but LPGT can do more

Not even special sound wise after the honeymoon is over.
You live in H.K.? Try and find that Aluminum #1 if you can. If you are not impressed sell it to me :wink:

Apr 24, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #1,255 of 3,520
The DAP itself isn’t the one that end all component in the chain. The IEMS or headphones that it is paired with, the cables and so on. Ofcourse, there is little differences from LPGT vs PICO if you drive it with Beats by Dre.

This is true for sure. Let me point out that my iem+cable (Tralucent Ref1) cost was definitely not cheap. It was $2k between iem and cables when I purchased - so 10x the current price of Pico!
And what surprised me is that this iem sounds pretty damn close as good on Pico as it does when paired with my LPG or Tera (I can say in terms of SQ my LPG is slightly ahead, but Pico is right there compared to Tera).

Apr 24, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #1,256 of 3,520
Jmills...
The ONLY person I trust in the DAP game. Cuz you buy your stuff with your money.

I forgot them..was going to edit but thought my forgetting them was telling. Same for Cowon Plenue 2

A&K...best G.U.I in the game
CP 2 Fantastic tweakablity but LPGT can do more

Not even special sound wise after the honeymoon is over.
You live in H.K.? Try and find that Aluminum #1 if you can. If you are not impressed sell it to me :wink:
Haha, cool man, think a few shops might still carry that. Ill visit one and give it a demo. Opus 3 has Burr Brown, think the Opus 1 has same dac as the Colorfly U8.

Apr 24, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #1,257 of 3,520

Sony WM1Z/Cayin N8
OPUS #11 w/Note4
Calyx-M
iBasso DX150
Mojo w/Note4
Sony WM1A/ Sony ZX300
Lotoo Paw 5000 MkII
XUELIN H8
FiiO Q1MKII w/Note4

Not even Top 10

my 3 cents..
Good list man. I think the calyx m has the best sound I've heard but obviously has many faults.

Apr 24, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #1,258 of 3,520

Sony WM1Z/Cayin N8
OPUS #11 w/Note4
Calyx-M
iBasso DX150
Mojo w/Note4
Sony WM1A/ Sony ZX300
Lotoo Paw 5000 MkII
XUELIN H8
FiiO Q1MKII w/Note4

Not even Top 10

my 3 cents..
The xuelin is doing well to get in the list. What sort of sound does it have? Also does it have a very low battery life? Very interested in getting one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back