Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Apr 25, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #1,261 of 3,520
I have to tell the thread how great customer service is at Musicteck, the U.S. Lotoo distributor. Andrew really helped me out, answered many questions, communicated quickly, and stood by to solve sales and service issues with the Lotoo product line. I ordered a Lotoo Paw Gold 2017 from Musicteck. To get the product to me more quickly, he arranged to have it sent directly to me from China. When the product arrived, there were several small blemishes on the DAP, somehow making it through quality control. As soon as I contacted Andrew, he sent a return label and got the replacement process rolling. He sent the replacement from Musicteck's newly arrived stock, as soon as he received the returned unit. The replacement is flawless! Anybody in the USA can use Musicteck with 100% complete and total confidence. They are a quality operation. Thank you, Andrew!

0425191134c.jpg

Apr 25, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #1,262 of 3,520
yes not surprised, Andrew is a good person and is very professional.
It is very reactive in emails besides I recommend it for those who have questions before and after purchase.
I had to buy 3 or 4 times at musiteck and I never had problems, deliveries in less than a week and yet I live in France.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #1,263 of 3,520
I am sorry to say that this is very much overpriced compared to the likes of the Hiby R6 Pro which is better on every aspects (including actual sound quality and AMP power) AND is more affordable.

I have already listened to a R6 pro, (with vega campfire) and it's true that he was nice but I was not impressed except that it is very fluid, I preferred the rendering of my AK se100 of At the time, I would compare it more to a fiio X7, besides whoever had it, sold it to buy a sp1000 ..
After if we do the compratif sound/price it is well placed but when I spoke above: how to prefer the little walkman to the biggest, I just wanted to talk about pure sound quality, no value for money, I did not want denigrate the choices of each ..

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #1,264 of 3,520
I have to tell the thread how great customer service is at Musicteck, the U.S. Lotoo distributor. Andrew really helped me out, answered many questions, communicated quickly, and stood by to solve sales and service issues with the Lotoo product line. I ordered a Lotoo Paw Gold 2017 from Musicteck. To get the product to me more quickly, he arranged to have it sent directly to me from China. When the product arrived, there were several small blemishes on the DAP, somehow making it through quality control. As soon as I contacted Andrew, he sent a return label and got the replacement process rolling. He sent the replacement from Musicteck's newly arrived stock, as soon as he received the returned unit. The replacement is flawless! Anybody in the USA can use Musicteck with 100% complete and total confidence. They are a quality operation. Thank you, Andrew!

Dont drop it.

Apr 26, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #1,265 of 3,520

They gave me great service in the UK too. Buy with confidence from music tech

Apr 26, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #1,266 of 3,520
Apr 26, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #1,267 of 3,520
To all folks here who quickly decided LPGT doesn't sound anything special,let me give you my 2 cents.
I've been around long time and have spent extortionate amounts, ask others plus work in pro music live and best studios in the world as a day job, also have a slowly and patiently build hifi with the help of people with serious experience and skills.
Non of us have been impressed with any daps released so far including Tera, that was supposed to be a compliment for being different at least, i bought it twice.
There used to be portable equipment in the 80s and some early 90s that were tuned so well that nothing in the digital era comes close so far.
Saying that, imo recent efforts are better and seriously overpriced.
Great engineering and noone with a clue about sound. Harman curves, zillion iems from China, daps,dsps no end, all sounding pretty much in the same vains from cheap to expensive in their equivalents.

Imo LPGT stands out to people like me looking for real quality, not a seasonal upgrade and wow factors.it was build to withstand fashion and trends with sq that matches but again doesn't follow tuning of the day, instead being totally pro level, yet smooth to the ear as any A&K. It got plugged the other day in 2 top hifi's and it didn't sound much different to the non portable equipment in the chain. Very deep, powerful, sweet and smooth, it impressed people that are not on this forum and when heard something like ak320 before would laugh at how much id spend.Talking of previous generations daps in general.
Lotoo will not be releasing another totl dap in the next at least 2 years, meanwhile all the usual suspects will and we will buy it for 2k and 3 ks, we'll discuss it and argue about sq and features.
Enjoy the music and remember, in portable, headphones change the sound much more than daps

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #1,268 of 3,520
New update. No fix for the files limit issue on larger memory card. Lotoo procrastinating on this problem. They need an overhaul of the OS to fix this problem.

1. UI & Function Optimization:
Fixed text errors in USB mode selection.
The brightness of LED is weakened when charging (power off).
Song title is shown in [Folder] below each file name.
Optimize user-defined PMEQ operation.
Solved the bug that user-defined PMEQ could not be saved after re-edited.
Optimize Japanese IME.
Optimize random play in gapless mode.
Optimize volume adjusting logic in USB DAC mode.

2. Stability Improvement:
Support FLAC files which are lack of some media info.
Support more WV(wavepack)/AAC files.
Fix the bug that system may freeze when applying "factory reset" with no SD card inserted.

Apr 26, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #1,269 of 3,520
New update. No fix for the files limit issue on larger memory card. Lotoo procrastinating on this problem. They need an overhaul of the OS to fix this problem.

1. UI & Function Optimization:
Fixed text errors in USB mode selection.
The brightness of LED is weakened when charging (power off).
Song title is shown in [Folder] below each file name.
Optimize user-defined PMEQ operation.
Solved the bug that user-defined PMEQ could not be saved after re-edited.
Optimize Japanese IME.
Optimize random play in gapless mode.
Optimize volume adjusting logic in USB DAC mode.

2. Stability Improvement:
Support FLAC files which are lack of some media info.
Support more WV(wavepack)/AAC files.
Fix the bug that system may freeze when applying "factory reset" with no SD card inserted.
You work for Lotoo ?

Apr 26, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #1,270 of 3,520
You work for Lotoo ?
If I was I wouldn’t be having a Korean version LGPT. They should pay me for reporting bugs on their DAP. I have been waiting for them to add English to the Korean version and fix the files limit issue forever.

Apr 26, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #1,272 of 3,520
Hi,

For those who are interested: actual weight of LPGT is 311g. Pre-production version was 275g due to absence of some shielding cover. One thing is not clear for me yet is capacity of battery of LPGT. Japanese site says it is 5200 mAh whereas Chinese one says it is 5400 mAh. Pre-production version had 5500 mAh.

Apr 26, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #1,273 of 3,520
Hi,

For those who are interested: actual weight of LPGT is 311g. Pre-production version was 275g due to absence of some shielding cover. One thing is not clear for me yet is capacity of battery of LPGT. Japanese site says it is 5200 mAh whereas Chinese one says it is 5400 mAh. Pre-production version had 5500 mAh.
Battery is really good, better than 1000M, doesn't drop quickly

Apr 26, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #1,275 of 3,520
My feeling is that it drops quite speedy. Does XRC and/or ATE/PMEQ enabled consumes more battery noticeably?
Definitely not, in fact with Xrc on i don't notice any difference ,i did try eq on too, still nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back