Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Feb 18, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #977 of 3,520
Anybody know why my 24bit 96k albums from hdtracks are not able to play on the lpgt? It displays album and album art but won't play. I'm using a micro sd adapter card. Plays all my other music fine and seems to only be affecting albums from hdtracks? Thanks everybody

Feb 18, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #978 of 3,520
Anybody know why my 24bit 96k albums from hdtracks are not able to play on the lpgt? It displays album and album art but won't play. I'm using a micro sd adapter card. Plays all my other music fine and seems to only be affecting albums from hdtracks? Thanks everybody

FLACs? I was just talking to someone about the exact same problem with tracks from hdtracks. I hope they are not selling up-sampled tracks, cause LPGT can't decode it. Funny that some other daps can read those files, maybe they use different flac decoding? There is utility, lossless audio checker, which suppose to scan and tell you if your file really lossless or up-sampled.

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #979 of 3,520
FLACs? I was just talking to someone about the exact same problem with tracks from hdtracks. I hope they are not selling up-sampled tracks, cause LPGT can't decode it. Funny that some other daps can read those files, maybe they use different flac decoding? There is utility, lossless audio checker, which suppose to scan and tell you if your file really lossless or up-sampled.

That's a good point they probably are upsampled then if everything else works. Yes they're flac and it seems to only affect tracks that are over the typical 44100 bitrate. Ive heard stories hdtracks upsamples their stuff.

Feb 19, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #980 of 3,520
I was able to try out the LPGT from musicteck and I honestly was expecting to return it. I compared it to the sp1000m and the sp1000m is pretty awesome sounding, but I really appreciated the neutrality of the lotoo. It's been awhile since having a neutral dap and I fell in love with it. Now I'm keeping it! Wasn't expecting that.

Feb 26, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #982 of 3,520
It's one of the best DAPs I've listened to. Very clean.

Though I have to try out its PMEQ, any thoughts on it?

Haven't used it too much yet. Going from ak jr, wm1a, se100, sp1000, and finally this im done. Its sound is perfect imo. Exactly what I've been looking for. I'm very grateful musicteck was offering auditions.

I'd still have the sp1000 but mine had a microsd card reader issue and I had to return it. Sounded amazing but I prefer this lotoo more so it worked out. It's especially good with my sensitive iem, and currently pair it with alo cv5 and clear. I'm just glad I've found the sound I was looking for. Didn't know I prefered such a nuetral sound and the cv5 can add a touch of warmth when I need it.

Feb 26, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #983 of 3,520
Haven't used it too much yet. Going from ak jr, wm1a, se100, sp1000, and finally this im done. Its sound is perfect imo. Exactly what I've been looking for. I'm very grateful musicteck was offering auditions.

I'd still have the sp1000 but mine had a microsd card reader issue and I had to return it. Sounded amazing but I prefer this lotoo more so it worked out. It's especially good with my sensitive iem, and currently pair it with alo cv5 and clear. I'm just glad I've found the sound I was looking for. Didn't know I prefered such a nuetral sound and the cv5 can add a touch of warmth when I need it.

I use LPGT with Solaris and Andromeda all the time, exactly for the reason how it handles sensitive IEMs with no hissing.

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #984 of 3,520
I am considering getting a TOTL DAP like the LPGT or SP1000M (Lapis/Gold) and I am in the process of convincing my rational self that it is OK to spend that money :). But I can't seem to find a European on-line store that sells the LPGT. Is it not yet available in the Euro zone?

The supposed neutrality of the LPGT appeals to me me but I do find that a bit of added warmth may be pleasing as well so I am in doubt as the SP1000M Gold is also a potential candidate.

For reference, I own the FiiO X7ii and iFi Micro iDsD BL. To my ears, the X7ii sounds more neutral in comparison while the Micro iDsD BL (without the bass boost) is a touch warmer and smoother. Does anyone know how the LPGT compares with these two in terms of neutrality and warmth?

Feb 26, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #985 of 3,520
I am considering getting a TOTL DAP like the LPGT or SP1000M (Lapis/Gold) and I am in the process of convincing my rational self that it is OK to spend that money :). But I can't seem to find a European on-line store that sells the LPGT. Is it not yet available in the Euro zone?

The supposed neutrality of the LPGT appeals to me me but I do find that a bit of added warmth may be pleasing as well so I am in doubt as the SP1000M Gold is also a potential candidate.

For reference, I own the FiiO X7ii and iFi Micro iDsD BL. To my ears, the X7ii sounds more neutral in comparison while the Micro iDsD BL (without the bass boost) is a touch warmer and smoother. Does anyone know how the LPGT compares with these two in terms of neutrality and warmth?
Closer to the X7

Feb 27, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #986 of 3,520
Closer to the X7
OK, thanks.
I figured it would indeed be closer to the X7ii. The question that remains is how the SP1000M compares, in particular the Gold version, and whether it is noticeably warmer than the Micro iDSD BL.

Feb 27, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #987 of 3,520
OK, thanks.
I figured it would indeed be closer to the X7ii. The question that remains is how the SP1000M compares, in particular the Gold version, and whether it is noticeably warmer than the Micro iDSD BL.
Ifi bl is warmer.

Feb 27, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #988 of 3,520
Ifi bl is warmer.
You say that the Micro iDSD BL is warmer than the SP1000M Gold. That is good to know as it gives me a better idea of what to expect.
Thanks!

Feb 27, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #989 of 3,520
You say that the Micro iDSD BL is warmer than the SP1000M Gold. That is good to know as it gives me a better idea of what to expect.
Thanks!
Plus more power. Np

Feb 27, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #990 of 3,520
Plus more power. Np
That isn't a top priority though as I mainly intend to use IEMs with my DAP.
(Although the ability to properly drive headphones is certainly a bonus).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back