Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Feb 4, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #962 of 3,520
I wonder if cable upgrades is possible on the LPGT like the WM1z. Anyone been brave enough to open one up?

I thought Pentaconn connector in wm1z was wired while in LPGT it's directly soldered, so no cable upgrade.

Feb 4, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #963 of 3,520
I wonder if cable upgrades is possible on the LPGT like the WM1z. Anyone been brave enough to open one up?
I thought Pentaconn connector in wm1z was wired while in LPGT it's directly soldered, so no cable upgrade.

From the advertised picture, Alex is right, it is directly soldered. But if someone else is looking to have modifications done, Ofcourse there are plenty of things that can be done :wink:.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #966 of 3,520
And now LPGT vs SP1000. Spoiler: they are really close!

P.S. Bad news, I've got Cayin N8 loan, so, more comparison videos are coming :)

SP1000 was just ok.

Feb 7, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #968 of 3,520
Would like to know also. LPGT is good but everything can get better.
Unfortunately, I can not answer you as I only listened to it over a loaner unit. I don’t own any unit to be opening up and investigate further into how to properly improve the unit. However, from a modder point of view in general, everything can always be modified. Especially in this days and ages, where electrical components for dedicated audio reproductions are produced and upgraded more frequently, upgraded components will always be a thing. There are things that you can tinker with especially Op-Amps, checking the bias, upgrading the resistors, regulators, and filters capacitors etc...etc...even clock oscilliators May not be out of the questions. Totally depends on what goals and target one is trying to achieve.

The opamps in the LPGT is good, but there are better, and also AKM may be releasing their own op-Amps soon....so, who knows ?

Also, when people ask me why modify ? Technically speaking, it is simple. Every company priorities are profit margins, and every DIY enthusiasts are about the last drop of performances. Then when counting in personal preferences, instead of sticking to the general result of a company lead engineer, DIY people can get it done over their own preferences, and even if you get modified by other places, you are also assured that modifications can only be done when someone is very dedicated toward squeezing the last of every drop out of the design as mentioned previously

However, the downside is that modifications will void the warranty and also possible repair services by the manufacturers. When a modified unit present a problems, then only the places that handed out the modifications or other places that does, may be able to work on the unit. Otherwise, it is a lost and done for. This is the main reason why many people would stick to the unit the way that it is, and even if modifications can be done, it won’t be developed until the first year of the new product warranty is over. Because from many points of view, there really is no advantage over buying a brand new unit and then risk everything plus further investment to modify it :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #969 of 3,520
Since you can select different EQ in USB DAC mode on the Lotoo, I created several graphs with different Gain and Q settings to help illustrate the parametric EQ features on the Lotoo. This help me EQing different IEMs to my liking.

If you like to increase or decrease gain for a specific frequency without the gain bleeding into other frequencies, Q1.9 is best as it provide the narrowest band.

The IEM used in the graph is Nicehck FR12. Target frequency is 5.5kHz.
ePPqvNI.jpg

h6eKaYv.jpg

Di1FEkP.jpg

LWcLm46.jpg

Feb 13, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #970 of 3,520
Feb 13, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #971 of 3,520
Hi everyone, spend about 2 months with the PAW Gold Touch and completed a rather long review. Love this player. It shall be in the man bag for the next CanJam :)

https://headfonics.com/2019/02/lotoo-paw-gold-touch-review/
I like to point out that LPGT right now have a bug where there is a limit to the number of songs shown on your memory card. I have over 10,000 songs on my 400GB card and it only show around 6,000 songs in the settings. I get a lot of empty folders.

Feb 13, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #972 of 3,520
I like to point out that LPGT right now have a bug where there is a limit to the number of songs shown on your memory card. I have over 10,000 songs on my 400GB card and it only show around 6,000 songs in the settings. I get a lot of empty folders.

I only get the empty folder problem when my memory card is starting to corrupt. That's why I only use 64GB cards. Have you put it in other DAPs and tested after and worked? Also is it an SD Card?

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #973 of 3,520
Yeah, I would try it with another card, and also better to use SD instead of uSD + SD adapter, I had some issues with that in the past. Not to mention, a few year ago I ended up with a sandisk uSD card I bought from amazon which failed on me, RMAed it to Sandisk, and they told me it was fake, sold by another store listed under their product page (but Sandisk replaced it anyway after I provided original amazon purchase order confirmation).

Feb 13, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #974 of 3,520
I only get the empty folder problem when my memory card is starting to corrupt. That's why I only use 64GB cards. Have you put it in other DAPs and tested after and worked? Also is it an SD Card?
This was something I've mention several pages back and I've already told Lotoo about it. It was suppose to be fix in the latest update. There is nothing wrong with my card as I've tested my computer, LP MKII and A&K SE100. This problem happen when fill up your 200GB card as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back