1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by EagleWings, Mar 28, 2018.
First

Back
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
64 65 66
Next

Last
  1. Whitigir
    Thanks for that impressions, a little surprising that the original LPG wasn’t that type of signature

2. jmills8
    Tomato Tomaaato

3. Whitigir
    I am sorry, don’t quiet get what your meaning is behind this

4. gazzington
    That sounds like a good plan

5. gazzington
    The calyx m has some faults but the sound is stunning

6. twister6 Contributor
    I second that, with PEQ. Though I'm not the biggest EQ user for general listening, I like to cut or to boost bass around 60Hz, and by far lotoo's parametric EQ is the only one which gives the cleanest and the most precise adjustment without any sound artificats like other "paragraphic" EQs do. The only thing I wish, if you can drag the peak up/down to adjust the gain straight from the graphic screen. I wouldn't want to drag the peak left/right to change frequency (touch screen wouldn't be precise for that), just for a specific frequency where you find a sweet spot to be able to quickly boost/cut from a touch screen would be cool.

7. WayneWoondirts
    Ultrainferno likes this.
  8. twister6 Contributor
    Just to add, it's not a limited 5-band EQ, but rather a Parametric EQ where every band can be configured either as Low Shelf, High Pass, or Band Pass filter, and the band F0 frequency can be set to any frequency, then you have Gain setting, and Bandwidth Q setting :wink: So, unlike a typical Paragraphic EQ where you have 10-20 fixed bands you only adjust the gain of with a slider, here you have a surgical precision adjustment of every band parameter :) And the 5-band Parametric EQ limitation is based on modeling after the real hardware PEQ used in music production studios.

9. ustinj
    I'm not too experienced with DAPs, but in the past few weeks I've had the chance to audition the LPGT. I enjoyed the experience so much that I decided to go and buy a DAP for my own daily use (a less expensive one, but still more than what I had before). Impressions here!

To summarize, I found the LPGT to sound really effortless in its presentation of microdetail, with fantastic layering. I could pick out minute nuances without straining to hear them. I'd have to say as someone who was previously against the idea of carrying a DAP (never wanted to give up the convenience of streaming), these past few weeks have really tempted me (and I gave in). However, I still do believe that differences in the source gear I've tried are not exactly night and day, as opposed to what some have led me to believe / expect (in the way they describe).

Some eye candy..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    kubig123, golov17, noplsestar and 2 others like this.
  10. Deezel177
    Hey folks! My colleague @flinkenick - a long-time owner and fan of the original Lotoo PAW Gold - has just published his review of the LPGT, including comparisons against the current kings of the DAP world: Sony's WM1Z and Astell&Kern's SP1000Cu. Cheers! :D

kubig123, hqssui, rtjoa and 2 others like this.
  11. kubig123
    Glad to see that Nic didn't loose his touch....

Deezel177 and Wyville like this.
  12. twister6 Contributor
    here, fixed it for ya :wink:

13. Whitigir
    Thanks to Musicteck, I get to spend some time with LPGT for a little bit. Let’s see how it goes
    4E3A7D2F-D3BC-4393-B347-CCBDFAFAD9DC.jpeg

14. Whitigir
    golov17, Nayparm, Deezel177 and 2 others like this.
  15. Deezel177
    Look what just came in the mail... :wink:

LPGT (T)-1.jpg

LPGT (T)-2.jpg

LPGT (T)-3.jpg

gordec, robbi22, golov17 and 4 others like this.
First

Back
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
64 65 66
Next

Last