Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Dec 1, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #766 of 3,519
Bro, I like your granite countertop. When did you remodel your kitchen? :)

Seriously, except for the better layering is this not a major upgrade from LPG sound-wise?

The credit for kitchen island granite countertop goes to previous house owners :D

Sound-wise, none of the current $3k+ flagships differ that much when it comes to technical performance, there is no night'n'day difference to my ears. They differ in tonality (which affects pair up with your earphones/headphones sound sig), driving power (if you want to drive just iems or other demanding full size cans), and set of features (depending on your use requirements, including streaming).

With LPG/LPGT, keep in mind I have 3+ year old original LPG (don't know exactly how 2017 LPG refresh or LPG Diane sounds) and I spent only a few weeks with LPGT (Touch) until I had to send it back. When I get a chance to spend more time with LPGT, I will do more pair ups, more detailed comparisons (except for N8 since I'm sending that loaner back as well), and updated sound analysis. As you can see, feature/design-wise LPG and LPGT are literally night'n'day. Sound-wise, there are technical improvements especially when up-sampling turned on, background blackness and low noise floor is a HUGE improvement (no hissing with Andromeda says it all), and there is an improvement in imaging (but I need to spend more time with different iems/headphones to analyze that better). But tonality/signature was similar to my ears. Also, the level of config in Settings is very impressive. Just please keep in mind, my First Impressions review is a single data point, so let's wait for more!

Dec 1, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #767 of 3,519
Can anybody comment on sound differences between the regular and the touch?

Dec 1, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #768 of 3,519
Can anybody comment on sound differences between the regular and the touch?

Do you mean "anybody else" besides what I have already covered in my First Look LPTG Review? :wink:

Dec 1, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #769 of 3,519
Do you mean "anybody else" besides what I have already covered in my First Look LPTG Review? :wink:

I just got some time to do some reading so I'll go back and try to find it. Any other Impressions would be much welcomed as well

Dec 1, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #770 of 3,519
Dec 2, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #772 of 3,519
I am especially interested in detail comparison between lpgt and n8. If there is a significantly interesting
difference, I may consider taking the another plunge as I recently encountered a generous person from
Nigeria who is willing share his interitenance to my bank account.

Dec 2, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #773 of 3,519
I am especially interested in detail comparison between lpgt and n8. If there is a significantly interesting
difference, I may consider taking the another plunge as I recently encountered a generous person from
Nigeria who is willing share his interitenance to my bank account.

Maybe ask MusicTeck if they can do a loaner so you can compare to your N8? I sent my LPGT loaner back to MusicTeck, and N8 is also packed to go back. You can refer to my write up with first impressions where I did compare LPGT to N8 (solid state). I'm gonna spend more time with Touch once I receive the review sample again, but unfortunately won't have access to N8 anymore.

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #774 of 3,519
I just realized that, after posting a similar thought in Unique Melody thread, both Lotoo and MusicTeck are listed in the upcoming Canjam NYC'19 as exhibitors, and i don't think it's coincidental :wink:

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #775 of 3,519
I just realized that, after posting a similar thought in Unique Melody thread, both Lotoo and MusicTeck are listed in the upcoming Canjam NYC'19 as exhibitors, and i don't think it's coincidental :wink:

I hope it results and close ties. Especially with procuring parts in the United States. I need a back panel for my Paw Gold Diana LOL

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #776 of 3,519
I hope it results and close ties. Especially with procuring parts in the United States. I need a back panel for my Paw Gold Diana LOL

I was just suggesting that MusicTeck probably going to be at the show with demos of LPGT :D Just pinged them to confirm it.

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #777 of 3,519
I was just suggesting that MusicTeck probably going to be at the show with demos of LPGT :D Just pinged them to confirm it.

I wish I could go!

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #779 of 3,519
Hmmm reading all this and the review of @twister6 on cayin n8 and lpgt...
Also on hes personal recommendations for me to go toward the lpgt due to a super dead no hiss background due to my super hearing capabilities of hearing a hiss out off all daps lol...

I think I will stay with wm1z dap. Especialy at price I baught it for 2150$ and only 80 hours of use :)
Its hard to justify for me buying a n8 or lpgt for 3200$ instead...
If the differences are so little from 1 to 1 so wht bother?

And I do hear hiss on 1z but its so small I instantly forget about it!
But thats not the story about dx208...! That buger hissed at me very loud and I couldn't get over that sorry Ibasso...
Plus 1z software ui is so much better 1z is a very premium dap. I am proud to own 1 quiet honestly, wasnt the case for ibasso unfortunately dx200 still felt on the cheaper side. And ui was not good for me...
And I love 1z for its bass and warmthe, something that ibasso is complete oposite bright and coldish side of the tonality... To me thats less fun in a long run and I got turned into another dap due to all this preferences...

So 1z is the winer for me for now :) ...

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #780 of 3,519
Hmmm reading all this and the review of @twister6 on cayin n8 and lpgt...
Also on hes personal recommendations for me to go toward the lpgt due to a super dead no hiss background due to my super hearing capabilities of hearing a hiss out off all daps lol...

I think I will stay with wm1z dap. Especialy at price I baught it for 2150$ and only 80 hours of use :)
Its hard to justify for me buying a n8 or lpgt for 3200$ instead...
If the differences are so little from 1 to 1 so wht bother?

And I do hear hiss on 1z but its so small I instantly forget about it!
But thats not the story about dx208...! That buger hissed at me very loud and I couldn't get over that sorry Ibasso...
Plus 1z software ui is so much better 1z is a very premium dap. I am proud to own 1 quiet honestly, wasnt the case for ibasso unfortunately dx200 still felt on the cheaper side. And ui was not good for me...
And I love 1z for its bass and warmthe, something that ibasso is complete oposite bright and coldish side of the tonality... To me thats less fun in a long run and I got turned into another dap due to all this preferences...

So 1z is the winer for me for now :) ...
Maybe its your iem and or brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back