Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Dec 4, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #781 of 3,519
Maybe its your iem and or brain.

LoL I can confirm I am normal and its not my iem...
I used 4 same empire ears phantoms iems all did hiss! So I aint crazy just lucky to have super hearing capabilities... It is for a reason I got tiger ears surename

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #782 of 3,519
LoL I can confirm I am normal and its not my iem...
I used 4 same empire ears phantoms iems all did hiss! So I aint crazy just lucky to have super hearing capabilities... It is for a reason I got tiger ears surename
Or you have an all BA driver iems. I get bo hiss from the Lotoo, Sony, Cayin N8 with my Dynamic iem nor from the Fostex TH900.

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #783 of 3,519
Or you have an all BA driver iems. I get bo hiss from the Lotoo, Sony, Cayin N8 with my Dynamic iem nor from the Fostex TH900.

Yea but those are big cans! My hd800s has no hiss eather its normal.

Sensitive iems like se846 andromeda phantom catches the hiss!

This is why sonys new z1r iem is 40 omh to not catche that hiss problem...
I can add as on side note my tia forte almost dont catche the hiss its extreamly subtle and if you never knew its there youd never even would notice.

Dec 5, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #784 of 3,519
Does the touch recognize both Baseline and Progressive jpegs? I would hate to screw around with album art again after getting everything fixed for my Sony.

Dec 5, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #785 of 3,519
My device is coming this Friday and I am already feeling a little down by Lotoo.
I'd sent them a couple questions regarding the language setting and DLNA and they've responded.
Their response was you can't change the language (Chinese, Korean, Japanese version) to English (currently). Obviously this could change in the future when they start selling the US version.
Almost all DAPs these day have at least two languages. My MKII have English and Chinese.
All the LPGT versions uses the same update firmware and the languages are there, but they've set it to show only the language of the country the device is sold in.
They did mention they've forward my suggestion on DLNA to their R&D. To have a Wi-Fi enabled device that sole purpose is to update firmware is stupid. Just my opinion.
This device is almost $4000 in Japan, $3200 ($2700 on sale) in Korea, and $2900 in China. MusicTeck has it pre-order for $3200.
I can still my device without English, it's just not pleasant.

Dec 5, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #786 of 3,519
My device is coming this Friday and I am already feeling a little down by Lotoo.
I'd sent them a couple questions regarding the language setting and DLNA and they've responded.
Their response was you can't change the language (Chinese, Korean, Japanese version) to English (currently). Obviously this could change in the future when they start selling the US version.
Almost all DAPs these day have at least two languages. My MKII have English and Chinese.
All the LPGT versions uses the same update firmware and the languages are there, but they've set it to show only the language of the country the device is sold in.
They did mention they've forward my suggestion on DLNA to their R&D. To have a Wi-Fi enabled device that sole purpose is to update firmware is stupid. Just my opinion.
This device is almost $4000 in Japan, $3200 ($2700 on sale) in Korea, and $2900 in China. MusicTeck has it pre-order for $3200.
Im in Hong Kong and my unit was all in English.

Dec 5, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #788 of 3,519

Just curious, if you are in Chicago, why are you ordering from overseas and not from US distributor with a guaranteed English language support?

Dec 5, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #791 of 3,519
My unit is partial Korean/English. My main gripe is this expensive device doesn't have support for more than 1 languages on the device and no one call them out for it.

Dec 5, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #792 of 3,519
My unit is partial Korean/English. My main gripe is this expensive device doesn't have support for more than 1 languages on the device and no one call them out for it.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Lotoo made a decision to have 2 fw versions, inside China and international, under some regulations which suppose to affect the supported language.

Dec 5, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #793 of 3,519
If I'm not mistaken, I think Lotoo made a decision to have 2 fw versions, inside China and international, under some regulations which suppose to affect the supported language.
The same update firmware can be used on the Chinese, Japanese and Korean version. Their MKII have 2 languages so don't believe in the regulations BS. Many Chinese DAPs supports more than 2 languages.

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #794 of 3,519
The same update firmware can be used on the Chinese, Japanese and Korean version. Their MKII have 2 languages so don't believe in the regulations BS. Many Chinese DAPs supports more than 2 languages.

Bro, it is what it is, and I understand your frustration, it makes no sense. Sony had different fw for WM1Z/1A as well, though it could be flashed. But it has been mentioned here in the forum before and the guy who sold it to you should have been clear and upfront about it. Makes me wonder if they have some kind of an id bit in PROM of those units to know the region where it was purchased from and only enable the language accordingly. Did you talk to MusicTeck if they can somehow arrange the exchange through Lotoo?

Dec 6, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #795 of 3,519
Bro, it is what it is, and I understand your frustration, it makes no sense. Sony had different fw for WM1Z/1A as well, though it could be flashed. But it has been mentioned here in the forum before and the guy who sold it to you should have been clear and upfront about it. Makes me wonder if they have some kind of an id bit in PROM of those units to know the region where it was purchased from and only enable the language accordingly. Did you talk to MusicTeck if they can somehow arrange the exchange through Lotoo?
I was fully aware of the risk when I bought it and the seller was upfront about it.
I am just not happy with the respond I got from Lotoo and their marketing stand.
I want them to add other languages because having only 1 language will reduce the resell value and it’s hard to recommend this device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back