Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Sep 18, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #511 of 3,520
Lotoo Paw Gold Touch has only 1 x AKM 4497EQ chip.

Only 1 single ak4497eq. The other AKM chip is AKM4137EQ and it is DSP not a DAC (Not easy to implement 2x desktop tier DAC)...

K so you guys are right only 1 dac chip.
So how does that improve sq?
Does akm have multi internal mini dacs like ess sabre?
Maybe they took out 1 dac for the xrc feature to have live upsampling feature?
And compromise sq slightly for a practical option.

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #512 of 3,520
Neet how much does it sells for :)
When can you shout impressions?

Can you share a few now :) also dont forget to mention what iem you use and if it hisses
It is sell at 17999RMB which around $2600 USD. I personally use UE R&R (Reference Remastered) and Inear pp8 both on 4.4 balanced out. The system costume made which is not android based. So turn on time is around 3 seconds and there is no feeling of lag at all for the system. The sound is generally neutral at 4.4 but a little warmer then LPG (paw gold). It is powerful enough to drive basically all IEM (500mw each channel). Bass is deep but not over saturated, overall density of sound is what I like about the Paw Gold Touch. The only IEM I checked which does not sound good to me is the new VE13 (Just too much information lol). I will try to write a full review of Paw Gold Touch and PP8 and Moondrop Liebesleid once law school applications are done. And here are some pictures I took during the summer.
IMG_5191.jpg 屏幕快照 2018-09-18 下午12.48.19.png 屏幕快照 2018-09-18 下午12.48.30.png

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #513 of 3,520
K so you guys are right only 1 dac chip.
So how does that improve sq?
Does akm have multi internal mini dacs like ess sabre?
Maybe they took out 1 dac for the xrc feature to have live upsampling feature?
And compromise sq slightly for a practical option.
I talked to Lotoo about this one chip choice compare to SPK which has two 4497. The thing is 4497 has the capability of balance output and using two chips does not necessary gives a better sq since DAP with its battery support is hard to put two chips all into full power. Basically is using one and power up all the way and choose two and power them each in a medium way. Sony with its new $10000 DMP Z1 is having two 4497eq but that things has a size of audeze deckard almost and weight 4 pounds

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #514 of 3,520
It is sell at 17999RMB which around $2600 USD. I personally use UE R&R (Reference Remastered) and Inear pp8 both on 4.4 balanced out. The system costume made which is not android based. So turn on time is around 3 seconds and there is no feeling of lag at all for the system. The sound is generally neutral at 4.4 but a little warmer then LPG (paw gold). It is powerful enough to drive basically all IEM (500mw each channel). Bass is deep but not over saturated, overall density of sound is what I like about the Paw Gold Touch. The only IEM I checked which does not sound good to me is the new VE13 (Just too much information lol). I will try to write a full review of Paw Gold Touch and PP8 and Moondrop Liebesleid once law school applications are done. And here are some pictures I took during the summer.

Many thanks for your little feedback so cool of you :)

Have you heard ibasso dx200 by any chance.
You say warm and more density. I am note sure how is densier means? Fuller and thicker? Like a warm full sound but on a natural side of things?
Does it doo good in sub basses. Deep can go where :) underworld deep or in 100+ hz range.

Sorry but I am quiet excited you are our first helper here hehe

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #515 of 3,520
I talked to Lotoo about this one chip choice compare to SPK which has two 4497. The thing is 4497 has the capability of balance output and using two chips does not necessary gives a better sq since DAP with its battery support is hard to put two chips all into full power. Basically is using one and power up all the way and choose two and power them each in a medium way. Sony with its new $10000 DMP Z1 is having two 4497eq but that things has a size of audeze deckard almost and weight 4 pounds

I fully agree with you on the dac implementation.
I have experienced it my self in person and soul.
I had sennheiser hdv820 a desktop dac/amp with only 1 ess sabre 9018. Boy it sounded sooo good.
Now I have dx200 with 2 x ess sabre 9028pro!
And they dont perform the same way.
Even the older 9018 on desktop had a few steps more in performance.

So that probably whats going on here with lpgt. I am glad they acknowledge this and dont do the marketing fiasco crap.... NICE

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #516 of 3,520
Many thanks for your little feedback so cool of you :)

Have you heard ibasso dx200 by any chance.
You say warm and more density. I am note sure how is densier means? Fuller and thicker? Like a warm full sound but on a natural side of things?
Does it doo good in sub basses. Deep can go where :) underworld deep or in 100+ hz range.

Sorry but I am quiet excited you are our first helper here hehe
Densier I mean is tons of information. It sounds natural all the time, when I said warmer I mean compare to Paw Gold which I believe is a very cold sound. For sub basses, it can go pretty deep and everything is controlled very well. Therefore, people may think it is too natural and controlled and lack of a "character", but I like DAP in this way. Paw Gold Touch is giving a reference sound as a DAP and I prefer giving flavors through IEM or EQ

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #517 of 3,520
Sp1000 has 2x AK4497EQ. It size is about the same as LPGT.

I do think @Vitaly2017 is correct. The LPGT has only so much spaces to do everything, including the dedicated Upsampling features. This requires a lot of resources. Therefore, the LPGT compromises some, for another, and that is 1 single 4497EQ for an FPGA

However, it is regardless of how many DAC is inside a portable player, it will not be able to keep up with Desktop amplifiers where it has a lot going on as it is bigger and sit on the desk.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #518 of 3,520
I had sennheiser hdv820 a desktop dac/amp with only 1 ess sabre 9018. Boy it sounded sooo good.

So that probably whats going on here with lpgt. I am glad they acknowledge this and dont do the marketing fiasco crap.... NICE
Lol because I am not from Lotoo. I like their products and their idea of good sounds. But to be honest, Paw Gold first generation with that huge golden plate is just, you know.

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #519 of 3,520
Sp1000 has 2x AK4497EQ. It size is about the same as LPGT.

I do think @Vitaly2017 is correct. The LPGT has only so much spaces to do everything, including the dedicated Upsampling features. This requires a lot of resources. Therefore, the LPGT compromises some, for another, and that is 1 single 4497EQ for an FPGA

However, it is regardless of how many DAC is inside a portable player, it will not be able to keep up with Desktop amplifiers where it has a lot going on as it is bigger and sit on the desk.
Actually spk is about 25% larger and heaver then PGT. I compared two of them and I like Lotoo's 4.4 out (compare to 2.5 which is easy broken) with its form factors and the sound. Also btw, since LPGT has its own system (AK spk has a android based system), online app support like tidal may not happen.

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #520 of 3,520
Lol because I am not from Lotoo. I like their products and their idea of good sounds. But to be honest, Paw Gold first generation with that huge golden plate is just, you know.

What lol to fancy blamsy?

I am actualy new to daps territory so I dont know :)

Lpgt has a nice golden knob like sony dmp but it dont have to cost 8grand because of that shame sony lol

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #521 of 3,520

Remember, you compared a desktop amplifier to a portable player and portable amplifiers. Ofcourse amplifiers mean a lot, and I literally mean a lot ! There is no way any portable can outperform a fully built desktop amplifiers. But since amplifier means a lot, that is what I love about Ibasso dx200, so many amps to roll with.

The only real way to compare dx200 to a desktop DAC/amp is to use it as an analog pre-amp, and not driving straight from it little amp

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #522 of 3,520
What lol to fancy blamsy?

I am actualy new to daps territory so I dont know :)

Lpgt has a nice golden knob like sony dmp but it dont have to cost 8grand because of that shame sony lol

Wrong, the knob May be gold. But Sony is not about the knob, it is about the analog attenuators. This attenuators alone is easily $1,000 in part.

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #523 of 3,520
Remember, you compared a desktop amplifier to a portable player and portable amplifiers. Ofcourse amplifiers mean a lot, and I literally mean a lot ! There is no way any portable can outperform a fully built desktop amplifiers. But since amplifier means a lot, that is what I love about Ibasso dx200, so many amps to roll with.

The only real way to compare dx200 to a desktop DAC/amp is to use it as an analog pre-amp, and not driving straight from it little amp

No I understand all that not ditching dx200 for that. It was my true experience of life. Thats what i felt.
I have downgraded in sq from desktop to dap. Of the great conviniences of what Ibasso can offer. Dx200 is really good I only lost 2 steps of sq its quiet close to hdv820 seriously....

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #524 of 3,520
Wrong, the knob May be gold. But Sony is not about the knob, it is about the analog attenuators. This attenuators alone is easily $1,000 in part.

Hehe I was playing a joke here dont take it on the offencive side

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #525 of 3,520
Also, the LPGT is lower in noisefloor than Dx200 and Amp8. 0.00015 vs 0.00023

Hehe I was playing a joke here dont take it on the offencive side

Lol, No offense taken, I just don’t want people to get confused. Though I still really think the DMP-Z1 is a rip-off. Regardless

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back