Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Sep 18, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #496 of 3,519
Have you heard the 1z? I haven’t heard a dap that’s “more pleasant” to the ear, that’s one of the many things that makes it so popular despite it being slightly north of neutral. As far as I can tell no one reliable has heard a production model yet and yes it maybe fantastic, but as with most totl kit, it’s merits over another dap are Likely to b subjective and more about personal preference than it being definitively better.
Doesn’t mean I’m not very excited to hear the ltpg and sorry if I come across grumpy about the whole thing, but I just can’t see the point of making fantasy comparisons. Anyway i’ll climb back in my box :wink:

Lol you sound that your joy with 1z is so high that you dont whant to breake it :)
Its k in any case my only dap atm is dx200 so for me there is a choise to be made and unclear to which direction. Reading forums they state the lpgt to be more resolving and clearer. Reference and natural is also good stuff. Means you will hear music as the artist has intended it hehe.

Plus its a newer dap and it has 2 x ak4497 so that is another bonus I think.
All black with gold connectors and knob is darn sexy tooo:ksc75smile:

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #498 of 3,519
Very interesting about LPGT. It doesn’t utilize XMOS chip but is AKM4137EQ. This allows it to also Upsampling from PCM into DSD and so on. Does the LPGT has this upsampling feature in the software ?

Yea it some sort of feature in hardware lvl i think but its on the fly so we dont know how good thats going to work...

My self I am against upsamplings I like native bitperfect. Hope we can disable that feature.

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #499 of 3,519
Yea it some sort of feature in hardware lvl i think but its on the fly so we dont know how good thats going to work...

My self I am against upsamplings I like native bitperfect. Hope we can disable that feature.

Every sigma-delta is going to be Upsampling regardless. Even those who would implementing the Delta-Sigma and says they are using Non-Over-Sampling mode, the Delta Sigma still is going to Upsample, but instead of outputting the rate higher to process, it would be the same 1:1 ratio and so it remains the same bit/rate as the original.

The only way to get true Non over Sampling is to use Resistor ladder, and that is going to be HFM R2K DAP :D..or that S-Master from Sony (direct digital)

Then again, there is never Perfected “bitperfect”. The so called bitperfect is only a term. It doesn’t mean that your original info is not tampered with or perfectly staying original. Nothing is perfect, and really bit perfect ? It would be 1-0-0-1 and not music Lol, if that makes senses

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #500 of 3,519
Every sigma-delta is going to be Upsampling regardless. Even those who would implementing the Delta-Sigma and says they are using Non-Over-Sampling mode, the Delta Sigma still is going to Upsample, but instead of outputting the rate higher to process, it would be the same 1:1 ratio and so it remains the same bit/rate as the original.

The only way to get true Non over Sampling is to use Resistor ladder, and that is going to be HFM R2K DAP :D..or that S-Master from Sony (direct digital)

Then again, there is never Perfected “bitperfect”. The so called bitperfect is only a term. It doesn’t mean that your original info is not tampered with or perfectly staying original. Nothing is perfect, and really bit perfect ? It would be 1-0-0-1 and not music Lol, if that makes senses

YesI will say you are right again. But i still dont know that much as you in that area.

I will say this in my defence :)

It has to be heard as the artist meant it.
So dap company should build accordingly...

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #501 of 3,519
YesI will say you are right again. But i still dont know that much as you in that area.

I will say this in my defence :)

It has to be heard as the artist meant it.
So dap company should build accordingly...

They do ! But according to their terms, preferences, and engineering. That is why there are so many different manufacturers, brands, and some people have more than 1 DAP on their hands :D

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #502 of 3,519
I currently having the Paw Gold Touch with latest firmware. The battery life is 10 hours for real, I tested with playing hires on High gain on 4.4 balanced out for around ten hours. The latest firmware upgraded bluetooth dac mode and tomorrow they will release the firmware with USB DAC mode. Overall, top notch DAP and I will write a full review for it when law school applications done.

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #503 of 3,519
I currently having the Paw Gold Touch with latest firmware. The battery life is 10 hours for real, I tested with playing hires on High gain on 4.4 balanced out for around ten hours. The latest firmware upgraded bluetooth dac mode and tomorrow they will release the firmware with USB DAC mode. Overall, top notch DAP and I will write a full review for it when law school applications done.

Where did you buy it, in China?

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #504 of 3,519

Please give us your review impressions :) and how it compares to others...
Thanks

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #505 of 3,519
Lol you sound that your joy with 1z is so high that you dont whant to breake it :)
Its k in any case my only dap atm is dx200 so for me there is a choise to be made and unclear to which direction. Reading forums they state the lpgt to be more resolving and clearer. Reference and natural is also good stuff. Means you will hear music as the artist has intended it hehe.

Plus its a newer dap and it has 2 x ak4497 so that is another bonus I think.
All black with gold connectors and knob is darn sexy tooo:ksc75smile:
Lotoo Paw Gold Touch has only 1 x AKM 4497EQ chip.

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #506 of 3,519
Sep 18, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #510 of 3,519
Yes, I bought it directly from Lotoo in China. I know the sale manager and got chance to get one before my flight back to Boston lol.

Neet how much does it sells for :)
When can you shout impressions?

Can you share a few now :) also dont forget to mention what iem you use and if it hisses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back