Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Jun 22, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #362 of 3,519
While according to few of the people who tried this sonic wise it is pretty much inline with LPG however it is an entire new product. I wanted something more organic, and this is why I wasnt looking into it that much but men it looks like a truly thought out dap leaving nothing untouched.

Jun 29, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #365 of 3,519
I sort of lost interest, due to the long delay between announcement and availability. I love my Lotoo PAW Gold, but I gave up waiting for a balanced Lotoo such as this one, and instead purchased the Sony NW-WM1A for my balanced needs.

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #366 of 3,519
Offical site for LPGT is up on lotoo. I just found out that LPGT is using OPA1622 for 4.4mm out. I'm glad as I find it much better sounding and a lot less aggressive than LME49600.

The more I look at LPGT the more complete it comes across. I've gotten used to Bluetooth usage and Tidal streaming.

Jul 1, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #367 of 3,519
On the other hand, what you are doing is Selective Criticism. Sony 1Z also costs $3k and lacks some features that some of the sub-$1k DAPs offer

Released nearly 10 years ago, a Clip+ can play DOOM.
In 2018, neither the PAW Touch nor the Sony WM can play DOOM!
These DAPs fail this most basic test of modern audio reproduction.
Unless these so-called "hifi" companies learn, I refuse to take interest in their products.
Until then, if you need to find me, I will be in the kitchen, playing DOOM on my toaster oven.

doomguy.gif

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #369 of 3,519
I'm glad to share some personal experiences and ideas for the Lotoo Paw Gold Touch(LPGT). But at beginning I'd like to clear some points:
1. English is not my native language so if you find anything unclear or incorrect, please kindly let me know. Also some words may not deliver what I feel or think properly, sorry for that
2. All the experiences and statements below are very personal. Also I don't think my taste of head gears is very common. So please take words with cares : P
3. I'm not one of Lotoo offcial staffs so the accuracy of some info below may not be guaranteed
4. All experiences are without PMEQ, ATE and upsampling. I tried the player with K3003/Xelento(4.4)/IE800S(4.4)/Dita The Answer (Truth Edition)/UM Mason v3(4.4)/K812/Z1R(3.5+4.4)
=================================================================================

Basic specs can be found in http://www.lotoo.cn/pro/pro2/PAW_GOLD_TOUCH/ , though only Chinese right now. English version should be available soon.

SOUND:
0. According to both official staffs and people who tried engineer version before, the sound of 3.5 changes a lot between MP version and engineer version

1. IEM: for IEMs, I don't have too much to say. LPGT drivers all the IEMs with splendid quality. Simply speaking, the sound with 3.5 is similar to the LPG 2017 ver. But it's just similar not the same. LPGT goes with a slightly enchanted mid range, a wider sound stage, a darker background, as well as a bit of softer texture. In other words, as a successor, LPGT fixs some shortcuts of LPG while still inherit the sound gene from Lotoo. And in my idea, the 4.4 provides wider dynamical range and more vigor in the sound comparing with the 3.5. Similarly, the high/low gains provides both fully detailed sound but differs in dynamical range. I can hear no noise from both plugs with any IEM at any level of volume/gain.
2. Headphone: for headphones, I use my desktop system as a standard. So LPGT shows its limit as portable player. The sound from LPGT just like a zoom-out photo of Mona Lisa. We can still find and enjoy beauty from it, but the photo can not express all the size, details, and emotions as the origin does. BUT I have to admit such comparison is not fair, and the pairs of LPGT and headphones are still good enough to be enjoyed.
3. Comparison: I only tried 3.5 of SPK in last comparison. Basically, SPK is much softer than LPGT. For same song and same IEM, sound from SPK like moving waters in big swim pool while sound from LPGT like muscles under silk from athlete. But the sound of them definitely are in the same level, at the top of portable players. Personally I'm not a fan of Sony and really don't like wm1z/a. So, I would say the sound of wm1z/a lacks a lot in details and vigors comparing with both LPGT and SPK.

FEATURES:
1. incredible boot speed, less than 2 sec. Finishing scan in 20 sec for 128G SD card with 3653 songs for first time. No need to scan after.
2. test with K3003/lower gain/30-40% volume/3.5 plug/fully lossless music, the battery lasts about 6h 20min from 100% to 37%. Change back to 100% costs about 1h 40min with 5V changer and type-C usb cable. It's said the battery life would be longer with 4.4 plug as it uses different amp insides.
3. the body is a bit of warm and far away from hot during playback with a environment temperature of 32°C.
4. search function is really quick, result shows immediately after typing, and it goes for singer/album/song name in same time.
5. LPGT have 2-way bluetooth function, which means it can both send and receive digital signals via bluetooth. BUT the LDAC function is not released yet. According to official staff, it would release in following firmware update.

ACCESSORS:
As picture shows, the player goes with a leather case, a type-C USB cable, cleaning cloth, user manual and a screen protector kit.

OTHERS:
1. it's said that Japan/Korea/US would be the first group to release LPGT in local distributor
2. Lotoo will provides firmware update weekly, and the main target of recent update is to fix bugs and optimize control.
3. in my experiences, there are three bugs found:
a) can not read some embed info from music file
b) when there are several picture files, the system can not recognize cover properly
c) switching songs between different sample rate brings a very light noise

if there are anything not included, please kindly let me know.
=================================================================================
just got mine 2 days ago. the 3nd one of MP version into the market according to official staff

IMG_20180708_144616.jpg IMG_20180708_144916.jpg IMG_20180708_145101.jpg IMG_20180708_152743.jpg IMG_20180708_152759.jpg IMG_20180708_151826.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back