Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
May 11, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #346 of 3,520
Seems a little strange for them to not mention it if it did, so probably not?

Shame!! those 3k players (WM1Z/SP1000) can’t even do SPDIF/Coax out like Fiio and Ibasso players (under 1k). Dx200 is already catching up in DAP performances in driving IEMS/headphones, and also have Coax out. There is a diversity of people who is “enthusiast” and offer good performance products, and there are people who go out to “milk this market”

May 12, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #347 of 3,520
Shame!! those 3k players (WM1Z/SP1000) can’t even do SPDIF/Coax out like Fiio and Ibasso players (under 1k). Dx200 is already catching up in DAP performances in driving IEMS/headphones, and also have Coax out. There is a diversity of people who is “enthusiast” and offer good performance products, and there are people who go out to “milk this market”

Seriously yawn. They do not have the feature that you want so they are milking the market. Or maybe you are milking this thread by wasting our time.

Why you would buy a $3,000 DAP to bypass 90% of the high end circuitry to get a digital server that can indeed be bought for a fraction of the price since it requires zero high end DAC or amp circuitry... well... I guess it makes sense to you.

They're milking us!

Later...

May 12, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #348 of 3,520
Seriously yawn. They do not have the feature that you want so they are milking the market. Or maybe you are milking this thread by wasting our time.

Why you would buy a $3,000 DAP to bypass 90% of the high end circuitry to get a digital server that can indeed be bought for a fraction of the price since it requires zero high end DAC or amp circuitry... well... I guess it makes sense to you.

They're milking us!

Later...

I guess you don’t even know how Spdif/Coax work. But that is fine, believe what you must. It seems you are determined to buy this Dap. I will keep reading this thread to see your impression firsthand.

Also, if you are serious about the hobby and not about “oh, it is expensive, better sound good”. You should at least look at the Dx200 and audition it for your own goods. Otherwise, let’s the milking continue

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #349 of 3,520

I too think it would have been nice, if the Touch was capable of SPDIF or USB Digital-Out, and I don't think there was anything wrong in what you said.

On the other hand, what you are doing is Selective Criticism. Sony 1Z also costs $3k and lacks some features that some of the sub-$1k DAPs offer, yet, I have never seen you calling Sony out for 'Milking' in the 1Z thread. Nor did you mention the lack of those features as Cons in your review.

i) The device can't act as a USB DAC
ii) Does not have PMEQ
iii) Single Ended seems to be intentionally choked down in terms of power 60mW through a 32Ohm load (vs 250mW on 4.4 Bal) and can't play DSD via SE. So one has to get a Balanced Cable to get the best out of the player has to offer
iv) The internal wiring is sub-par
v) Uses proprietary USB connector

I am not trying to make this into Lotoo Touch vs Sony 1Z post. Just saying, if you want to be critical about the Lotoo DAP, you need to be fair and be critical about the Sony DAP too.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #350 of 3,520
I too think it would have been nice, if the Touch was capable of SPDIF or USB Digital-Out, and I don't think there was anything wrong in what you said.

On the other hand, what you are doing is Selective Criticism. Sony 1Z also costs $3k and lacks some features that some of the sub-$1k DAPs offer, yet, I have never seen you calling Sony out for 'Milking' in the 1Z thread. Nor did you mention the lack of those features as Cons in your review.

i) The device can't act as a USB DAC
ii) Does not have PMEQ
iii) Single Ended seems to be intentionally choked down in terms of power 60mW through a 32Ohm load (vs 250mW on 4.4 Bal) and can't play DSD via SE. So one has to get a Balanced Cable to get the best out of the player has to offer
iv) The internal wiring is sub-par
v) Uses proprietary USB connector

I am not trying to make this into Lotoo Touch vs Sony 1Z post. Just saying, if you want to be critical about the Lotoo DAP, you need to be fair and be critical about the Sony DAP too.

My review was done ways before I realized how nice it must be to have Coax out, and I did not have Dx200 back then either. Back then I was more about portability and full-size headphones. I review as my journey go because it is a hobby only. Not until now that I realize how important it is to have Spdif/Coax out as transport.

I was previously unable to hear the negative things about usb and music transport, until now. Hence, I really do realize how important it is to have Coax. I am fully surprised that Fiio and Ibasso do both offer this features while many of the so called high-end DAP don’t have it. I also called out on AK-Sp1000 as well

Do mind it though, you quoted my quote that I called out wm1Z which doesn’t have this feature either.

May 24, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #352 of 3,520
Jun 8, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #355 of 3,520
It was to be released in Asia first, then the rest of the world.

Jun 9, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #356 of 3,520
This one looks interesting, it has WiFi which I hope it might indeed support some streaming services in the near future, yea I know streaming don’t sound as nice but you know, sometimes change of favour is nice

Jun 21, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #360 of 3,520
In the video he also has the n8. Does he compare them at all?

Both are prototypes, thus not sure if comparison even makes sense at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back