Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Nov 8, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #3,061 of 3,520
Hey guys,

I just tried updating my LPGT Ti, and the Lotoo is reporting an error. Can someone check their unit to see if this is a unit issue or a server issue. Thanks!
I always updated mine through a flash card. What version do you have now?

Nov 8, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #3,062 of 3,520
Thank you for replying. I have 1.3.0.6, likely the current version, but when I have checked the Lotoo in the past when there hadn’t been an update, I get a message saying my firmware is up to date. This time the Lotoo is reporting an error with a numeric code. Strange.

Nov 9, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #3,063 of 3,520
Thank you for replying. I have 1.3.0.6, likely the current version, but when I have checked the Lotoo in the past when there hadn’t been an update, I get a message saying my firmware is up to date. This time the Lotoo is reporting an error with a numeric code. Strange.
I've got the same reply...

Nov 9, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #3,064 of 3,520
I've got the same reply...

I contacted Musicteck about this, and Andrew confirmed the problem with his LPGT and is contacting Lotoo to let them know.

Nov 9, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #3,065 of 3,520
I have an older version of the software but also the numeric error.

Nov 10, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #3,066 of 3,520
Hello,

I am going to buy a couple of active monitors for my desk, after checking many DACs to connect between PC and monitors, I realized that maybe I could use Lotoo's LO for this purpose, is it possible?

The monitors have XLR (balanced), TRS (balanced) and RCA (unbalanced) inputs, I think I have to buy a 4.4 to XLR cable to do this but there aren't many cables like this (iFi is only 1 meter long) .

When using LO, is there a difference between 4.4mm and 3.5mm?
Is it better to send the signal from the 4.4 output to XLR/TRS or would it not make much difference if I did it from the 3.5 output to RCA?

My intention is to connect the Lotoo as a USB dac giving line output to the active monitors.

Excuse my ignorance but I have no idea about this.

Nov 13, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #3,067 of 3,520
Hello,

I am going to buy a couple of active monitors for my desk, after checking many DACs to connect between PC and monitors, I realized that maybe I could use Lotoo's LO for this purpose, is it possible?

The monitors have XLR (balanced), TRS (balanced) and RCA (unbalanced) inputs, I think I have to buy a 4.4 to XLR cable to do this but there aren't many cables like this (iFi is only 1 meter long) .

When using LO, is there a difference between 4.4mm and 3.5mm?
Is it better to send the signal from the 4.4 output to XLR/TRS or would it not make much difference if I did it from the 3.5 output to RCA?

My intention is to connect the Lotoo as a USB dac giving line output to the active monitors.

Excuse my ignorance but I have no idea about this.

1) yes, that connection will work. The Lotoo PAW Gold Touch can be used as a DAC only for, say, a computer.

2) you’re likely going to need to reach out to a cable maker and have a custom cable built to the length you need if you use XLR.

3) Depending on the quality of the speakers you’re using and their resolving power, there likely will be no difference in performance between the two LPGT outputs (there is a difference in output on the Ti version), so you may just want to go with the 3.5mm. If your monitors are high performance, then it probably is worthwhile to go the 4.4mm and have a custom cable made.

Good luck! ✌️

Nov 18, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #3,068 of 3,520
Hi,
I wanted to update the firmware of my LPGT Ti and ... have noticed an issue. Before, it always went flawlessly.
But now, I received the error code 33.

I would highly appreciate if anybody could chime in with any idea how I could overcome this issue.
Thanks.

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #3,069 of 3,520
Hi,
I wanted to update the firmware of my LPGT Ti and ... have noticed an issue. Before, it always went flawlessly.

I would highly appreciate if anybody could chime in with any idea how I could overcome this issue.
Thanks.

I think a few people mentioned, probably an issue with Lotoo server. The easier way is to download and install fw update manually, all is here: http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/Download/

Nov 19, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #3,071 of 3,520
Hi,

Thanks.
There is currently some problem with the Lotoo servers. However, there is currently an option to update manually if this update is required. I checked my version and see that I have the latest firmware installed, 1.1.1.14. (I have TPGT).
Check your firmware version, maybe you don't really need an update just now.

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #3,072 of 3,520
Just pick up a brand new LPGT TI from Musictek again. Lol. The LPGT TI is soo small and premium compared to these behemoth coming out these days. Bought a couple years ago and regret selling it and was thinking of getting used one on classifieds and when Musictek gave me a amazing deal on BF i couldn't resist. Musictek is the best. 👍
20221127_085954.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #3,074 of 3,520
Hello All,

I am currently stuck with a bricked LPGT. I have done the following things:
1. overwrite format sd card
2. load lotoo's firmware into an upgrade folder
3. attempt to reinstall firmware by flashing sd card.

It seems that it takes the firmware and installs it but bricks itself again. This is the screen I am stuck on.

I have emailed lotoo support but I am hoping to get a response from this forum before I send the unit back.

20221126_170455.jpg

Nov 27, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #3,075 of 3,520
Hello All,

I am currently stuck with a bricked LPGT. I have done the following things:
1. overwrite format sd card
2. load lotoo's firmware into an upgrade folder
3. attempt to reinstall firmware by flashing sd card.

It seems that it takes the firmware and installs it but bricks itself again. This is the screen I am stuck on.

I have emailed lotoo support but I am hoping to get a response from this forum before I send the unit back.

20221126_170455.jpg
If you hold down 3 buttons (Switch the track forward, backward and pause) and then press and hold the power button, then we will get to such a menu. I have not yet understood that they do everything, but maybe this will help you somehow.

Attachments

• ED42C73B-3125-469A-BFF3-9BECCC78B906.jpeg
    ED42C73B-3125-469A-BFF3-9BECCC78B906.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back