Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Oct 20, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #3,032 of 3,534
Is Micron Tech really better than other micro sims?
You soon will discover by yourself😉

Joke aside, well, my LPGT never sounded better, but the placebo effect hits hard (maybe).

Imo, not really worth the price over a SanDisk SD, but hey, we cannot be cured anymore😂

Oct 20, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #3,034 of 3,534
Tried the snake oil and bought the 1TB one for my LPGT Ti out of curiosity. Couldn't detect any audio differences with my 59 year old ears. As a matter of fact I did notice that when the Micron card is full it even loads slower than my SanDisk Extreme 1TB SD cards. Of course YMMV.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #3,035 of 3,534
I have a 1 terabyte SanDisk Extreme Pro SD card. I never formatted it and it works well.

Oct 24, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #3,037 of 3,534
Всем привет

Со всеми текущими предложениями других производителей DAP и вещами, которые не за горами, такими как Hiby RS8, вы бы все равно купили Lotoo PAW touch сегодня?

Большое спасибо
I didn't listened to rs8, but I listened to Cayin N8ii and sp3000. I would love to buy a N8ii I really liked it, but its weight and size are not portable, so for now I'm staying with my Lotto Paw Gold Touch.

Oct 24, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #3,038 of 3,534
You soon will discover by yourself😉

Joke aside, well, my LPGT never sounded better, but the placebo effect hits hard (maybe).

Imo, not really worth the price over a SanDisk SD, but hey, we cannot be cured anymore😂
Sometimes I take breaks and switch to other devices.
Returning to LPGT - that's what makes it sound really incredible)

Oct 24, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #3,039 of 3,534
Sometimes I take breaks and switch to other devices.
Returning to LPGT - that's what makes it sound really incredible)
I regularly switch between LPGT and Calyx M. Different sounding devices, but I don’t need 5 minutes « brain-in » to fully enjoy what they have to offer soundwise.

I am now eagerly waiting for the iFi Gold Bar to arrive. Curious about how such a little device stands against the aforementioned DAPs.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #3,040 of 3,534
Hi all

With all the current offerings of other manufacturers DAP's and things just around the corner like the Hiby RS8, would you still purchase the Lotoo PAW touch now today?

Many thanks
I don't know if they can be compared, because judging by the reviews, the R8 is quite a tasteful player. Its multi-bit technology does not guarantee anything at all except attracting additional attention. Therefore, it is necessary to evaluate the implementation. And if the reviews are to be believed, the R8 and the LPGT will be quite different.

Also, I saw the photo and compared the weight of the devices... And in my opinion, the R8 is not portable at all, or at least not pocketable.

Comparing with all the top players, you will find only one that will be more small to LPGT - this is Hifiman R2R2000, but it is already old and has poor runtime and software.

The rest of the top players are bigger and heavier. As a rule, noticeably larger and heavier.

In summary, would I buy LPGT in 2022? Yes, without a doubt.

Oct 24, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #3,041 of 3,534
I

I regularly switch between LPGT and Calyx M. Different sounding devices, but I don’t need 5 minutes « brain-in » to fully enjoy what they have to offer soundwise.

I am now eagerly waiting for the iFi Gold Bar to arrive. Curious about how such a little device stands against the aforementioned DAPs.
Therefore, I bought an ALO CDM and now I have collected few pairs of tubes for it. It gives you the ability to change the sound, and also gives a completely different experience of using the device (actually, it's not just CDM, but that's a separate topic that will definitely be offtopic here), so they are quite different devices.

Besides, I don't switch between them all the time. Sometimes I do without the player for several weeks, and during this time I manage to get used to another device quite noticeably.
So returning to LPGT really gives me quite positive emotions)

Oct 24, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #3,042 of 3,534
Therefore, I bought an ALO CDM and now I have collected few pairs of tubes for it. It gives you the ability to change the sound, and also gives a completely different experience of using the device (actually, it's not just CDM, but that's a separate topic that will definitely be offtopic here), so they are quite different devices.

Besides, I don't switch between them all the time. Sometimes I do without the player for several weeks, and during this time I manage to get used to another device quite noticeably.
So returning to LPGT really gives me quite positive emotions)
Did you already try the C9? I highly recommend a listen. It’s a very nice amp.

Oct 25, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #3,044 of 3,534
Did you already try the C9? I highly recommend a listen. It’s a very nice amp.
Oh, of course. I listened to him.
It doesn't make sense for an IEM though, as the LPGT's power is sufficient to drive any. In fact, I rarely turn on high gain.

So all the C9 does is add a bit of taste. A little warmth, macro and integrity.
However, first of all, this is not always my direction - I gravitate towards a neutral and technical sound. Secondly, I discovered that the cable can do the same - for this I kept the Cardas Clear Light in the collection. It's quite expressive, but still a neatly warm cable.
It is more convenient to have a cable, and not another large (significantly larger than LPGT) non-portable device, the charging of which also needs to be monitored.

So overall, I also think the C9 is a good model. However, this is not my usercase.
(If I were worried about it, connoisseurs can say that nutubes are not exactly tubes. They work on a similar principle, but, of course, vintage has its own charm. And this works with ALO. CDM was released about 8 years ago, so it's quite a vintage device. And when we talk about his tubes, they are already real vintage - I have tubes from 63 or even 59 year. Although, to be honest, I don't chase exactly the year of release.)

Oct 25, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #3,045 of 3,534
Oh, of course. I listened to him.
It doesn't make sense for an IEM though, as the LPGT's power is sufficient to drive any. In fact, I rarely turn on high gain.

So all the C9 does is add a bit of taste. A little warmth, macro and integrity.
However, first of all, this is not always my direction - I gravitate towards a neutral and technical sound. Secondly, I discovered that the cable can do the same - for this I kept the Cardas Clear Light in the collection. It's quite expressive, but still a neatly warm cable.
It is more convenient to have a cable, and not another large (significantly larger than LPGT) non-portable device, the charging of which also needs to be monitored.

So overall, I also think the C9 is a good model. However, this is not my usercase.
(If I were worried about it, connoisseurs can say that nutubes are not exactly tubes. They work on a similar principle, but, of course, vintage has its own charm. And this works with ALO. CDM was released about 8 years ago, so it's quite a vintage device. And when we talk about his tubes, they are already real vintage - I have tubes from 63 or even 59 year. Although, to be honest, I don't chase exactly the year of release.)
Let’s agree to disagree regarding the C9 not bringing anything up the chain with IEMs. I have a different take based on personal experience.

Agree about cables (or tips!) being a less cumbersome way or adjusting sound preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back