Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Sep 14, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #1,351 of 1,457
Hey there. I dunno how acquainted your are with Bluetooth but I suggest checking the following. The LP6K has 2 output settings in the player output settings menu, fixed and unfixed. Unfixed can be useful because you can control the volume of both devices at once but can cause issues like you described, Try fixed with your devices, just be careful as the volume will be managed on your BT headphones so if you have it on max, could be loud. If that doesn’t help, try a device reset and redo the pairing with BT devices. Last resort would be support with Lotoo.
Excellent suggestions. Thanks!! I did try the unfixed on the airplane, but I’ll try it again. It has been a long term problem that I have just lived with because I rarely use it with BT, but I’ll follow up with your suggestions. Thanks again.

Oct 1, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #1,352 of 1,457
Very late to the party, but *very* glad I finally made it!!! :ksc75smile:

Is the P6K capable of gapless playback? [YES, but it is very carefully hidden...] I'm on fw 1.2.0.10. It isn't playing back gapless since I got it from @MusicTeck. I can't seem to find the right setting. Any help will be most welcome!! :pray:

Otherwise, I'm really wowed by this little guy. The reverb reproduction is absolutely to die for! This tells me it does a fabulous job with micro-details. Yes, there's only a single AKM chip, but the implementation is exquisite! Even if it turns out that it doesn't do gapless (which would surprise me very much), it is a total keeper! Light weight, long battery life, fast UI response, marvelous sound!!

[EDIT]

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #1,354 of 1,457
Welp, I did find gapless setting under Play Setting>File switching effect. Unfortunately, it still has a gap between songs on DSOTM with gapless selected.

I've done a reset a few times, but there is still a gap. Any suggestions? Is this "normal" behavior for the P6K??

Oct 3, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #1,355 of 1,457
As it turns out, the P6K won't do gapless play back with ALAC (.m4a) files, but it will with FLAC. I'm now in the process of converting and reloading my mSD card. :unamused:

Nov 1, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #1,356 of 1,457
I am so frustrated with this player that it wont play to my cars Bluetooth. It recognizes it but non of the functions work and theres no sound at all. Im at my wits end. I just went and updated the firmware to 1.2.0.10 from 1.2.0.8 hoping that maybe something would make it work.

I also tried connecting directly thru the USB connector in my car (BMW), but it does not recognize the Lotoo PAW6000. It says unrecognized device and I dont have an AUX In connection on my vehicle. So basically I have an expensive DAP that I cant use in my car. Im not sure why its not playing. I hit the play button the PAW6000 but no sound comes out in the car. The cars BT shows up on the PAW6000 and shows "connected" but still no sound. Ive raised the volume on BOTH the car stereo AND the PAW6000 playter but still nothing. Any help is appreciated.

BTW is the bluetooth on this player is it the Bluetooth 4.2 version?

Thanks

Nov 1, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #1,357 of 1,457
I am so frustrated with this player that it wont play to my cars Bluetooth. It recognizes it but non of the functions work and theres no sound at all. Im at my wits end. I just went and updated the firmware to 1.2.0.10 from 1.2.0.8 hoping that maybe something would make it work.

I also tried connecting directly thru the USB connector in my car (BMW), but it does not recognize the Lotoo PAW6000. It says unrecognized device and I dont have an AUX In connection on my vehicle. So basically I have an expensive DAP that I cant use in my car. Im not sure why its not playing. I hit the play button the PAW6000 but no sound comes out in the car. The cars BT shows up on the PAW6000 and shows "connected" but still no sound. Ive raised the volume on BOTH the car stereo AND the PAW6000 playter but still nothing. Any help is appreciated.

BTW is the bluetooth on this player is it the Bluetooth 4.2 version?

Thanks
I share your pain. I have owned this device for about a year and never had much luck using it via Bluetooth.

Nov 7, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #1,359 of 1,457
Hello,

I am thinking of getting this lotoo dap; will it be an upgrade from A&K Kann (original)? I listen mainly to classical music and interested in neutral sound and clarity.
While I can't comment directly about the Kann, I have compared it to my SPKM. I prefer the P6K! I find the sound is improved, plus it's lighter and has a *much* better battery life. It's faster at startup and shut down. On the downside, there's no streaming capability, if that's important for you.

Nov 7, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #1,360 of 1,457
Hello,

I am thinking of getting this lotoo dap; will it be an upgrade from A&K Kann (original)? I listen mainly to classical music and interested in neutral sound and clarity.
I had the KANN but it was a long time ago. But LP6K is in a different league altogether IMO. LP6K sound has this excellent transparency that pairs great with any headphones. On top of that you have the marvelous Lotoo EQ to play with. The only advantage KANN has is more power.

And the user experience on LP6K is night and day better.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #1,361 of 1,457
Hello,

If you want a more clear and neutral sound, the LP6k is definitely the way to go.

Dec 21, 2022 at 10:24 PM Post #1,362 of 1,457
If you want a more clear and neutral sound, the LP6k is definitely the way to go.
I've had great pains also the bluetooth function, almost useless for me. That said, last months i've changed my headphones buying Meze Empyrean and Audeze lcdi4 and now it's my first option with them (clearly better sony wm1a). It really makes them sing with enough authority and precision. So good and bad news.

Has anyone compared it with chord hugo 2?. Is it a very noticeable upgrade?

Dec 24, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #1,363 of 1,457
Have been thinking about buying the LP6K but had a few questions:

How often do they update products? Are there any rumours of a new product like this from them or an update?

I have Sennheiser IE600's - would these work well together?

Thanks

Dec 24, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #1,364 of 1,457

How often do they update products? Are there any rumours of a new product like this from them or an update?

Thanks

I don’t know in relation to any new products, but P6K has been around a while - hard to fault though.

I had IE600 and definitely a good pairing - the neutral to warmish tuning is incredibly flexible with any IEMs in my experience.

Dec 24, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #1,365 of 1,457

Thanks
The LP6k is still up to date and supported. I don't know how often they release software updates, but as of right now there's basically nothing to fix. Everything works perfectly.

Pairing with the IE600 is good, but your overall impression depends on your preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back