Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Nov 10, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #1,216 of 1,466
Been looking at this DAP as a more portable option for running IEMs but had read there were some issues with the player's software recognizing tags for albums and artists. Has anyone had similar problems or alternatively experienced no such issues?
Never had that issue, 1-1/2 years in, around 14,000 tracks on mine all lossless.

Nov 10, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #1,217 of 1,466
Yeah I don't have any issues either with properly managed and tagged files. The only thing I noted is if you have subpar tagging and file management, it will show up but then again, not so much the Lotoo OS fault. Older stuff from iTunes was the worst by far but when I checked the tagging of those albums and files with Mp3tag, what a mess it was. Once I fixed it all, had 0 issues whatsoever.

Nov 10, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #1,218 of 1,466
May I ask a noob question here?

How do I copy playlists to the Looto? I'm use to copying files and folders, but what I really want to do is create a playlist in roon and transfer the playlist along with all the files over to the looto? To date, all I know how to do is copy over all the files, then I have to manually create playlists on the player.

Thank you,

Roger

Nov 29, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #1,219 of 1,466
hi, i want to ask.. what exactly bluetooth codec that use by LP6K? is it just sbc,aac and LDAC only or included aptx? i read some review it have aptx, but when pairing with my aptx earphone, it just use sbc.. same goes when pairing with my aptx bluetooth speaker, it still using sbc codec.
sbc lp6k.JPG

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #1,222 of 1,466
I’ve got 17,000 or so songs on a high-speed Sandisk card and filtering albums by quality takes ages on my PAW 6000.

This quickly gets frustrating, as if you open an album, then go back, the quality filter isn’t remembered.

I'm using a Sandisk Extreme Pro 1TB card.

Here's a video showing the issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #1,223 of 1,466
I’ve got 17,000 or so songs on a high-speed Sandisk card and filtering albums by quality takes ages on my PAW 6000.

This quickly gets frustrating, as if you open an album, then go back, the quality filter isn’t remembered.

I'm using a Sandisk Extreme Pro 1TB card.

Here's a video showing the issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Strange... I have a similar number of songs and using the same micro ssd card but not having those issues. Mine is very new though - only had it for about two to three weeks.

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #1,224 of 1,466
Strange... I have a similar number of songs and using the same micro ssd card but not having those issues. Mine is very new though - only had it for about two to three weeks.
Mine is new as well. Few months. And this has been an issue since day 1. Thanks for your input.

Edit: I've followed up with MusicTeck to see if they have any ideas. Will report back.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #1,225 of 1,466
On an entirely different topic than those preceding.

Having recently purchased an LP6k after a long period of frustration with an ibasso 220. I wanted to share my impressions.

It is used primarily as a DAC for movies and music via Foobar, connected to a computer, secondarily for music while traveling. The ibasso was just too much work with it's short battery life and overly sensitive controls. What I mean by overly sensitive is that the unit would turn itself on whenever you unplugged it from the computer. Not at all unusual to find the battery at 5% charge the next day after having unplugged it with a full charge and having seen the goodbye message after turning it off. My travel time is typically 14 hours or more each way. Recharging after 5 to 7 hours is a real hassle. The LP6k has 14 hour life with single ended phones.

I was attracted to the battery life of the LP6k and reports of the sound quality being on par with ibasso.
Well, I am here to say, this is one sweeet unit! The sound quality and ease of tailoring, if desired, is without doubt equal to the 220. I primarily listen via Beyer T5p V2 headphones or Etymotic er4p's on the road.
What does it for me is first; the unit charges while being used as a DAC! The battery stays charged with no consideration for how long you have been using it, when connected to a computer! The second is that when you plug the usb cable into the computer, it automatically asks how you will be connecting. No fumbling between screens to select DAC, or restarting the damn unit because it doesn't recognize a finger touch on the screen. It is designed to work with a human. Finally, there is the instantaneous availability of titles and artists on a 512gb SD card with recognition of folders. It just works with no muss or fuss.
If this is how you use a DAP, I would recommend it highly. I have not compared it to it's big brothers, but for me, no need to look further.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #1,226 of 1,466
What started as a joyous journey with Lotoo Paw 6000 has turned into a sour experience, bought it from headphonezone India.

Within a month I have had two major issues:

1. Bluetooth stuck. It is definitely on but won't search or pair any devices, won't turn off/on, it won't do anything. Won't even load list of bluetooth devices. On Bluetooth DAC it won't even get past the screen of turning on the bluetooth.
Did software reset, upgraded software, went into recovery mode and nuked it to factory defaults. Nothing worked.
Lotoo's fix was use an older firmware they sent me, they replied quickly and that sorted out the issue! Kudos for the fast support!

2. "Previous" button stopped working overnight after charging it. Same deal as before: made sure buttons weren't locked, restarted the Lotoo Paw 6000, upgraded firmware, did a hard reset from recovery mode, etc. Holding the button or clicking it won't do a thing, feels absolutely fine so it's not physically stuck or damaged it seems. Play/pause and skip buttons work. 3 weeks of use and in brand new condition and now I'm looking at 12-16 weeks period for repairs which are ridiculous for such an expensive device. Nobody likes paying big bucks on something that you barely got to use and being told now you need to wait 2-3 months while it's being repaired for a manufacturing defect.

Alternatives to Lotoo with good battery life and quality control? And that supports external playlists? I'm still wondering how such basic functionality is missing from the Lotoo.

Also any advice on how to proceed with those ridiculous repair times? They're not acceptable so I wonder if there's some sort of chargeback code for these cases under MasterCard...

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #1,227 of 1,466
1. Bluetooth stuck. It is definitely on but won't search or pair any devices, won't turn off/on, it won't do anything. Won't even load list of bluetooth devices. On Bluetooth DAC it won't even get past the screen of turning on the bluetooth.
Did software reset, upgraded software, went into recovery mode and nuked it to factory defaults. Nothing worked.
Lotoo's fix was use an older firmware they sent me, they replied quickly and that sorted out the issue! Kudos for the fast support!
Overall, I love the LP6K and find it to be a great complement to my M17. However, I've had a similar negative experience with bluetooth connectivity. I have been able to get it to pair with my phone (Oneplus 7) but nothing else will work. I had hoped to pair it with the TV and/or Nvidia Shield for TV and movies but no luck.

Dec 17, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #1,228 of 1,466
Edit: I've followed up with MusicTeck to see if they have any ideas. Will report back.

It looks like the issue with my player is due to a dodgy SD card. I tried another Sandisk Extreme Pro card (this one 400GB instead of 1TB) and the filtering works as it should.

I've also found Bluetooth to be a bit hit and miss. I've only tried it a couple of times (with some cheap BT headphones) and found that it was a bit lame.

I had the LP6K in a messenger bag that I was wearing across my chest, if I swung the bag around to my back, the BT connection would drop out. Not sure if it was the player or the headphones, but I wasn't impressed. Anyway, it's a non-issue for me, as I prefer cables!

Dec 27, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #1,230 of 1,466
Bought the Cayin C9 to pair with my paw6000 Nd I am really happy. But I noticed a strange thing: if I connect the balanced 4.4mm at the same fixed output (2.0mv) of single ended the c9 sounds with lower volume, and I need to use high gain to bring at same level.
Anyone with same experience here? Am I doing something wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back