Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Dec 24, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #961 of 1,457
Antdroid,

All of the lightning cables I have, whether USB-A or USB-C, all are MIFI certified ( and verified)
But depending on what is being connected to, work in one config, and does not in others.
I’ve commented in another forum here on Lightning cables as an example, plugging a working Shure USB-A Lightning cable for a FiiO product I had, when plugged into the newer version of the FiiO product, it did not.
Having read up on this and having spoken with Apple engineers from Cupertino, they confirm this can happen that a MIFI certified cable will not always work with another product. Their recommendation is use the cable that is certified from the manufacturer of the product you are connecting to the Apple product.
I keep several Lightning cables from different sources around as depending on what I’m connecting ones that work with one combination does not with another and visa versa.

With the Lotoo S1 I’ve found so far only the Lotoo and the Woo Audio USB-C to Lightning cables work. Others have not. Gave my Woo Audio cable to a friend who was stuck with their S1 not working with other cables so I did not have a chance to try and confirm it works with the PAW6K. If I can get the cable back will try and confirm it does or does not, but yes as Aristocat00 and Powersfineart have also chimed in the Lotoo Lightning to USB-C cable does work!
Unfortunately do not have access to an Paw Gold Touch and can’t say if the Lotoo cable works there but would assume it will given It’s another Lotoo product.

hope this info helps.
Lovely, thanks for the info! I wish apple would just adopt USB-C for everything and make it standardized with the rest of the industry instead of their proprietary hoops.

Dec 24, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #962 of 1,457
Lovely, thanks for the info! I wish apple would just adopt USB-C for everything and make it standardized with the rest of the industry instead of their proprietary hoops.
Antdroid
Couldn't agree with you more
Had to replace a 4 year old iPad and decision was made easier to go with the new generation iPad air just because it uses USB-C!
Though I know some who would be upset as it kills their investment in Lightning port based accessories, I'd Gladly like to see the change happen across the board, as I'm able to use a whole host of accessories I already have for my PC's!

Dec 24, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #963 of 1,457
Is Lotoo planning any new dap? Any news/rumours? I still can’t find any good dap to upgrade to from my LP6K. May be it’s just an itch. I am just curious if you folks seen any good dap recently. Nearly a year of usage, it’s still as good. Not a single issue did I face. Such a wonderful dap. I am sure you all feel the same. LP6K is a magic. It’s a keeper.
Happy Christmas 🎄 and a happy new year to you all. Happy listening too.

Dec 25, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #964 of 1,457
Is Lotoo planning any new dap? Any news/rumours? I still can’t find any good dap to upgrade to from my LP6K. May be it’s just an itch. I am just curious if you folks seen any good dap recently. Nearly a year of usage, it’s still as good. Not a single issue did I face. Such a wonderful dap. I am sure you all feel the same. LP6K is a magic. It’s a keeper.
Happy Christmas 🎄 and a happy new year to you all. Happy listening too.
Of course, the same limited titanium LPGT came out. :beerchug:

Dec 25, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #965 of 1,457
Dec 25, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #966 of 1,457
OK so again total newbie here. I might get burned for this but here to learn. I uploaded some 192/24 files onto my lp6k and directly plugged in my ie800s into the 3.5mm input to take a listen. They sound exactly like when I directly plug the IEMs into the iPhone through an apple lightning to 3.5mm female adapter(I think this tiny cable works like a DAC too). On the Iphone I was playing the same song streaming via Tidal at the same SQ - 192/24. Am I missing something here? missing any setting that would make SQ much better - pitching the $20 cable against a $1K DAC?? ontop of everything the small adapter cable has streaming adio as source vs the downloaded hi-res files playing on lp6k.

Pls help.

Dec 25, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #967 of 1,457
OK so again total newbie here. I might get burned for this but here to learn. I uploaded some 192/24 files onto my lp6k and directly plugged in my ie800s into the 3.5mm input to take a listen. They sound exactly like when I directly plug the IEMs into the iPhone through an apple lightning to 3.5mm female adapter(I think this tiny cable works like a DAC too). On the Iphone I was playing the same song streaming via Tidal at the same SQ - 192/24. Am I missing something here? missing any setting that would make SQ much better - pitching the $20 cable against a $1K DAC?? ontop of everything the small adapter cable has streaming adio as source vs the downloaded hi-res files playing on lp6k.

Pls help.

Unfortunately there is no magical setting that will make you hear ‘SQ much better’, if you are able to perceive what you listen to as being exactly the same from iPhone with dongle compared to PAW6000, then good for you! Sell off the PAW 6000 and spend it on something else. It is nice that you can save money from not playing around with sources and enjoy music from something simple!

Dec 25, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #968 of 1,457
Unfortunately there is no magical setting that will make you hear ‘SQ much better’, if you are able to perceive what you listen to as being exactly the same from iPhone with dongle compared to PAW6000, then good for you! Sell off the PAW 6000 and spend it on something else. It is nice that you can save money from not playing around with sources and enjoy music from something simple!

I am trying to read between the lines and I think I kinda get your message :wink:

Even the minor details; the texture, the clarity, the soundstage, the timbre all much too identical. Guess thats just me.

Jan 2, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #974 of 1,457
hi, how is the S1 compared to the 6K?

I much prefer the S1. It's more "alive" sounding and the 6k hisses like a sumbitch with Andro and Solaris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back