Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Oct 26, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #886 of 1,459
I wrote a review of the PAW 6000 along with comparisons to the Sony ZX507 and Cowon P2 Mk II here: https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2020/10/lotoo-paw-6000-review.html
P1040748.JPG
Antroid

Thank you for posting your review.
Enjoyed reading it!

I believe others like Twister6 mentioned the case being a little tight initially but it will break in/loosen up.
I experienced the same issue with the glass screen protector, but realized it was the leather case for the PAW6000 that was a little tight in the corners, and by stacking some coins in each corner of the case for a couple of days it stretched the case just enough in these corners that it stopped the glass protector from lifting/bubbling.
Now I’m able to use the provided glass protectors without any issues.( thank you to the earlier reviewers who mentioned the case being tight)

Like you, I too had to use MP3TAG to adjust tag info and file names as well as album art, and now have my files close to the way I like To view them. I also wish the Lotoo OS would read all parts of tags. Hoping a future change/update to the OS might change this, but being Linux based OS might not be in the cards, at no fault of Linux or the OS, but the speed and features of the OS “as-is” help to take the sting out of this issue, IMO.

But it is the sound!
The quality / neutral aspect of the sound makes one forgive any “quirks” again IMO.

Thanks again for posting your review, and hope you enjoy the PAW6000 as much as I and others on this forum do also.

Oct 26, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #887 of 1,459
I wrote a review of the PAW 6000 along with comparisons to the Sony ZX507 and Cowon P2 Mk II here: https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2020/10/lotoo-paw-6000-review.html

P1040748.JPG

Glad you covered more in depth mp3 file tags and the whole sorting issue. I personally have a very small collection of audio files, mostly stream (Amazon Music HD, Qobuz, Spotify, SiriusXM/Pandora), thus sorting and file navigation part of my DAP reviews doesn't cover it in depth and I get a TON of questions about it which sometimes I don't have the answer to. Your write-up will be helpful to other LPGT and LP6k users.

Oct 26, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #889 of 1,459
I believe others like Twister6 mentioned the case being a little tight initially but it will break in/loosen up.
I experienced the same issue with the glass screen protector, but realized it was the leather case for the PAW6000 that was a little tight in the corners, and by stacking some coins in each corner of the case for a couple of days it stretched the case just enough in these corners that it stopped the glass protector from lifting/bubbling.
Now I’m able to use the provided glass protectors without any issues.( thank you to the earlier reviewers who mentioned the case being tight)

Thanks I tried to "open up" the corners of the case by force but it didn't help, but the coin trick sounds like a great idea. I'll try it when my film protector gets beat up a bit and I need to get a replacement glass on.

Glad you covered more in depth mp3 file tags and the whole sorting issue. I personally have a very small collection of audio files, mostly stream (Amazon Music HD, Qobuz, Spotify, SiriusXM/Pandora), thus sorting and file navigation part of my DAP reviews doesn't cover it in depth and I get a TON of questions about it which sometimes I don't have the answer to. Your write-up will be helpful to other LPGT and LP6k users.

Yea, I just added in a little more info including a link to the program and how to make track numbers work: $num(%track%,2) %title%

Oct 29, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #891 of 1,459
Anyone partner Paw6000 with Chord Hugo 2 ?

would welcome any comments

thanks

Oct 30, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #893 of 1,459
Anyone partner Paw6000 with Chord Hugo 2 ?

would welcome any comments

thanks
Frankly speaking if driving IEMs the PAW 6000 alone is pretty enough right. And driving those full size headphones such as hd 800s etc I don't really expect the Hugo 2 to drive them to the full. I feel like Hugo 2 is not really portable yet if not portable them there are so many alternative desktop amplifiers or devices out there right? I can't say I recommend this combination in my own opinion.

Oct 30, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #894 of 1,459
Does anyone own any Sony player with the firmware of Mr. Walkman to compare with the Lotoo 6k?
As both a lotoo fan and also a sony fan, I should say the sony WM1A/WM1Z kind of empathize more on the balance between battery life and sound quality, so sound quality alone they feel softer and have less details in the sound with some coloring of the warmth of the sound. From my own experience I still recommend the paw 6000 over the walkmans currently if you consider the sound quality and user experience, I feel lotoo is slightly more natural and friendly to use personally and the boot up speed is 2s which can't be done on any sony devices with whatever firmware.
I have listend to a heavily modified WM1Z the so called "golden brick" which has upgraded hardware circuit components and even that, the detail in the sound output can't reach the level of paw gold touch offers.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #895 of 1,459
Hi everyone, any comparsion between sony iem z1r and final audio a8000 pair with LP6K? which one is better for orchestral music? tks
The IER Z1Rs they have a larger sound stage and I feel it is better for large sized orchestral music it has stronger power in it. And the A8000s are more suitable for less number of total intruments listening say middle to small range concertos.

Nov 2, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #897 of 1,459
Hello,
Got my LP6K today.
Great craftsmanship, nice UI.
One problem though. I've got a micro SDXC card (a Sandisk). Was using it on my Shanling M3s.
This card does not fit well on the TF card slot, looks too small, and can be inserted skewing on the slot.
I'm a bit baffled by this, i've been searching the web for different sd card sizes/forms.
Any help appreciated.

---- Edit -----
Micro might be the defining term here.
LP6K takes SD, not micro SD cards?

Thanks

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #898 of 1,459
Hello,
Got my LP6K today.
Great craftsmanship, nice UI.
One problem though. I've got a micro SDXC card (a Sandisk). Was using it on my Shanling M3s.
This card does not fit well on the TF card slot, looks too small, and can be inserted skewing on the slot.
I'm a bit baffled by this, i've been searching the web for different sd card sizes/forms.
Any help appreciated.

---- Edit -----
Micro might be the defining term here.
LP6K takes SD, not micro SD cards?

Thanks
Never mind.
Thanks Loke13:thumbsup:
I did peeked inside the card slot, and assumed wrongly, the card terminal connections should be facing upwards.
Now for some quality fun time.

Nov 2, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #899 of 1,459

Users who are viewing this thread

Back