Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Oct 5, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #871 of 1,457
Another way for the Lotoo to "re-sync" the metadata of music files is to wipe system settings, this will obviously wipe any UI/system settings you may have already added but this will help whenever album art takes a long time to show up. You would only have to do this once if you get the issue, in my experience.

Remember that is is more optimal to have the micro sd in exFat format.

Use a good renaming scheme for your music files so that they are played and sorted correctly album to album during playback and navigating. Usually put a "." after the track number and then the track name afterwards.

Resize the album art to 480x480 to match the native screen resolution of the Lotoo.
Thank you
I have done all of these things as far as ExFat and resizing Album Art.
What I a seeing is when I see a tag that needs adjusting it doesn't show up right away since the file already exists. The Lotoo OS seems to have its own refresh interval before it picks up changes to exiting files

Again Thanks for the info, but have already done these things and taking out the system file vs having the ability to manually resync is a drastic measure IMO

Oct 5, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #872 of 1,457
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the OP, but I haven't had a problem with resyncing like that. For example, the other day I noticed that I had an artist entry for "Run the Jewels" and one for "Run The Jewels." So, I deleted the latter from my device, changed the metadata on my laptop, them uploaded the albums back onto my LPGT. It synced immediately, no problems. That seems like a faster solution than messing around with settings to force a resync. Just my two cents.
Phthora
Thanks for the feedback.
Yes I too see changes like you mentioned happen immediately and can assume it is because a "change" to the files structure has been made
Its small changes within the file (in my case reversing the meta tag for Artist name) does not show up immediately because it is a change within the existing file that does not result in a change in file size.
Changing album art or the size if files seem to trigger a change to the DB.
Just what I am seeing and the sleuthing I've been doing
Don't get me wrong still enjoy the heck out of the PAW 6000.
Thanks again!

Oct 7, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #873 of 1,457
One complaint is that the top panel UI is slightly covering the top of album art!!!

I hope this gets rearranged and fixed in the next patch soon!

Oct 7, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #875 of 1,457
Does anybody experience lagging in the Lotoo OS?

Do you have LP6k and experiencing lagging or is this just a general question about LPTG/LP6k? Their Unix based OS is optimized and very fast, including super fast power up/shut down.

Oct 7, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #876 of 1,457
I own both some months long (LPGT bought used, LP6k new).
I have not Experienced any lagging.

QUOTE="twister6, post: 15905740, member: 378311"]
Do you have LP6k and experiencing lagging or is this just a general question about LPTG/LP6k? Their Unix based OS is optimized and very fast, including super fast power up/shut down.
[/QUOTE]

Oct 7, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #877 of 1,457
I experience some lag whenever I try to turn off my LPGT. It seems to always take two or three more songs before I can will myself to stop the music.

Oct 13, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #880 of 1,457
Can you give us some comparisons between LPGT and LP6k?
Is it worth to go for LPGT from LP6k?

I have some comparison notes in my LP6k review here. Please, scroll down to the end of comparison section.

Oct 14, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #881 of 1,457
Can you give us some comparisons between LPGT and LP6k?
Is it worth to go for LPGT from LP6k?

As mr. Twister6 said, trasparent, neutral, natural are the adjectives I would better agree too when speaking of LP6k vs LPGT.
Though the latter, to me and listening acoustic jazz with my favorite IEMS (Oriveti Oh500, Fh7, S8F, S8z, IT04, TSMR-6, Oxygen) sounds still more 'fatty' in lower dynamics and fun even. Maybe for its output power and its better deep ESS and layering of sound. LP6k is a great player that really - after the advices of some friend - made me aware of the advantages of pure Android-less streamingless DAPs like these. And yes, the mythical bigger one is still very pricey worth an upgrade (my LPGT is a mint looking but used one; good luck to me 😬).

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #882 of 1,457
I just picked up the Paw 6K yesterday. Some first impressions and some info you all may find interesting:

First off - the sound is really nice. resolution and layering is fantastic. Neutral sound signature. Dont find it bright but definitely airer and less bassy as the ZX507 which I have been using a lot lately. I also compared it to the Cowon P2 Mk2 which I find to sound equal or better than Paw6k with BBE+ enabled, but not as good without it. The DSP magic of the Cowon daps are pretty sweet, but it has other things I dislike about it.

Secondly - I didnt realize the Lotoo UI doesnt read tags! wow what an oversight!! I am surprised this is not mentioned in any review I read. Anyway, with the use of mp3tag, I fixed the file formats to sort correctly very quickly. Still annoying and I hope they implement that feature.

USB DAC works well and lagfree for me. BT DAC works nicely as well.

Ok more interstingly, I didnt find any Output Impedance values of this which was concerning because my ciems are somewhat sensitive to impedance. I took a gamble anyway based on reading reviews like Twister6's in which he described the Andromeda and Solaris's sound and they are super sensitive to impedance. I happened to be borrowing my friend's Andromeda Gold so I had the chance to do some IEM measurements on that IEM via both the Lotoo Paw 6K and the Apple USB-C Dongle (known to be around 0.9 ohm OI) and the iFi IEMatch and EarBuddy which is 2.7ohm. The Lotoo graph measured nearly identical to the apple dongle, and so that leads me to believe that the 4.4mm output is about 0.9 ohm OI and the 3.5mm, which measured every so slightly different might be just a tad lower in output impedance.

Graph for visual comparison sake. Black line is the Apple USB-C Dongle.

1602809916965.png

Oct 15, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #883 of 1,457
I just picked up the Paw 6K yesterday. Some first impressions and some info you all may find interesting:

First off - the sound is really nice. resolution and layering is fantastic. Neutral sound signature. Dont find it bright but definitely airer and less bassy as the ZX507 which I have been using a lot lately. I also compared it to the Cowon P2 Mk2 which I find to sound equal or better than Paw6k with BBE+ enabled, but not as good without it. The DSP magic of the Cowon daps are pretty sweet, but it has other things I dislike about it.

Secondly - I didnt realize the Lotoo UI doesnt read tags! wow what an oversight!! I am surprised this is not mentioned in any review I read. Anyway, with the use of mp3tag, I fixed the file formats to sort correctly very quickly. Still annoying and I hope they implement that feature.

Ok more interstingly, I didnt find any Output Impedance values of this which was concerning because my ciems are somewhat sensitive to impedance. I took a gamble anyway based on reading reviews like Twister6's in which he described the Andromeda and Solaris's sound and they are super sensitive to impedance. I happened to be borrowing my friend's Andromeda Gold so I had the chance to do some IEM measurements on that IEM via both the Lotoo Paw 6K and the Apple USB-C Dongle (known to be around 0.9 ohm OI) and the iFi IEMatch and EarBuddy which is 2.7ohm. The Lotoo graph measured nearly identical to the apple dongle, and so that leads me to believe that the 4.4mm output is about 0.9 ohm OI and the 3.5mm, which measured every so slightly different might be just a tad lower in output impedance.

1602809916965.png

Thanks for posting the output impedance! I searched and searched for that info for my LPGT, but never found it. After buying it and listening to my Shure SE846, I guessed that the 4.4mm output was probably is between 0.5 and 1.0 Ohm purely based on how present the mids sound. It sounds unaltered with those very sensitive and low impedance earphones at least. But, it's good to have some actual measurements to rely on here. I passed up many an otherwise good DAP because of high output impedance.

Oct 16, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #884 of 1,457

1602809916965.png
Antdroid
Thank you for your post and impedance info.
I had mentioned a few posts back some issues I've seen with tagging/reading of tagging, so glad to see your post also.
There is some mention of issues and what poster did to get around this on the Lotoo Paw Gold Thread on Head-Fi. Might want to take a look over there.
Despite the tagging issue, having used and then fairly quickly selling off many Android based DAPs', I'm finding the speed of the OS and tools within it make it a minor inconvenience, that I'm willing to endure vs. the Android DAPs Ive owned, and its the sound and quality of the sound, that has me just enjoying this DAP. (As always just my opinion)
Thanks again for your post and hope you find this DAP as enjoyable as I have.

Oct 26, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #885 of 1,457

Users who are viewing this thread

Back