Lotoo PAW 5000 now available from Hifiheadphones.co.uk
Jun 26, 2015 at 9:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Tony-Hifi

Member of the Trade: HiFi Headphones
Lotoo PAW 5000

Hifiheadphones are stocking the Lotoo PAW 5000 priced at £329.00

The Lotoo PAW 5000 on test at hifiheadphones

Following hard on the heels of the exceptional Lotoo PAW Gold comes the PAW 5000 model; packed with goodies and for a fraction of the price.

Also it's a fair bit smaller, about the size of a pack of cards; not counting the jokers. However we're not joking when we say we are impressed with the additional connectivity the Lotoo PAW 5000 sports when compared to its larger forebear.

Optical out, Bluetooth 4.0 and an additional balanced headphones option make for an attractive bundle indeed, with little to find fault with - especially at this price.

Jun 26, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 23
I'm in! :D

Jun 30, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #5 of 23
There is nothing mentioned (unless I've missed it) about Optical Out on the product description or technical specifications that you've linked to. Please clarify whether this feature is present or not, as I'm thinking possible transport for my Hugo. Thanks.

Lotoo PAW 5000

Hifiheadphones are now taking pre orders for only £329.99, with shipping due for late July 2015.

[COLOR=800000]The Lotoo PAW 5000 on test at hifiheadphones[/COLOR]

Following hard on the heels of the exceptional Lotoo PAW Gold comes the PAW 5000 model; packed with goodies and for a fraction of the price.

Also it's a fair bit smaller, about the size of a pack of cards; not counting the jokers. However we're not joking when we say we are impressed with the additional connectivity the Lotoo PAW 5000 sports when compared to its larger forebear.

Optical out, Bluetooth 4.0 and an additional balanced headphones option make for an attractive bundle indeed, with little to find fault with - especially at this price.

Click here for pre-order details.

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #6 of 23
There is nothing mentioned (unless I've missed it) about Optical Out on the product description or technical specifications that you've linked to. Please clarify whether this feature is present or not, as I'm thinking possible transport for my Hugo. Thanks.

If you follow the link on top you will find 3 times the answer in the discription: S/PDIF line-out

So no problem to feed your Hugo.

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #7 of 23
Many thanks, don't know how I missed that. Doh!

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #12 of 23
Is that blurb about 2.5mm headphone connectivity a typo? I thought 2.5mm was for Cellphones in the mid-2000's, or is that a European thing?

Jul 1, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #13 of 23
very excited to hear reviews on this, i'm in the market for a new dap and after some time (days) researching i've whittled it down to the fiio x5 second gen. This has around about the same price point so i'd love to hear some comparisons.

Jul 2, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #14 of 23
Nice to see that kind of storage supported. Lossless music files eat up space. 

Sorry to disappoint but that is dishonest and misleading advertising on the part of Hifi Headphones.

This player does NOT support SDHC or SDXC.

It only supports micro SDHC and micro SDXC so you are limited to the same very expensive 128GB or mind-numbingly expensive 200GB micro SD cards as nearly every other player on the market.

Now if Hifi Headphones were to import the QLS QA360, we could start to get interested as that player takes a full-size SDXC card.

This Lotoo is just another in a long line of expensive DAPs with insufficient storage.

Jul 2, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #15 of 23
Thanks for the correction technobear.  No deliberate misleading going on, just a mistake when we created the page.  The product page was created before we had access to a physical sample and the PAW 5000's big brother (the PAW Gold) does support full size cards.  There was probably a bit of copy and paste going on there when the page was created!

Our product page for the PAW 5000 is now updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back