Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Jan 4, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #781 of 889
New to thread, so forgive me if this has been discussed before.

With the small size, ability to play just about anything, balanced out and a slew of other features... especially the arm band and CLIP, the Lotoo Paw 5000 seems like it would be a great device for workouts. *And it's even part of their marketing...

Do many people here use it for this purpose?
Are there recommendations for other similar (or smaller) players for workouts (Shanling M1 and similar units are a great size, but have neither arm band nor clip)? I have a Sansa clip/sport thing, but it faults and can't play lossless).

Thanks in advance!

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #783 of 889

With the small size, ability to play just about anything, balanced out and a slew of other features... especially the arm band and CLIP, the Lotoo Paw 5000 seems like it would be a great device for workouts. *And it's even part of their marketing...

Are there recommendations for other similar (or smaller) players for workouts (Shanling M1 and similar units are a great size, but have neither arm band nor clip)? I have a Sansa clip/sport thing, but it faults and can't play lossless).

Thanks in advance!

That will be what I will use mine for but I’m still a couple months out from buying it.

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #784 of 889
The shanling M1 and ruizu A50 cases have a leather clip

Hi... thanks... but after much research (maybe I wasn't looking in the right places) the only things I could find on either of those (or the AGPTEK H50) is the leather case and armband (thank you, I had missed the armband before!!). No clip on anything I've seen on Penon Audio or Amazon.

Any link you can post for cases with clips would be much appreciated.
Also, sorry if I mislead in any way, but to clarify my earlier post, I'm really only looking for a clip. I can't do armbands.

Jan 4, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #785 of 889
@shane55 there’s also the diminutive Lotoo PAW Pico, which is $199 and clippable.

Lotoo PAW Pico Digital Audio Player, 32GB DSD GPS Smart HIFI High Resolution Lossless Portable Wearable Music Player for Sports, Motion Sensor, Voice Prompts, Wireless Bluetooth, IOS Android APP https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Z875BN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-xRtAbFPTNMP1

E41D497B-95A3-40AE-8351-08AD136BE937.jpeg

Jan 4, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #786 of 889
@shane55 there’s also the diminutive Lotoo PAW Pico, which is $199 and clippable.

Lotoo PAW Pico Digital Audio Player, 32GB DSD GPS Smart HIFI High Resolution Lossless Portable Wearable Music Player for Sports, Motion Sensor, Voice Prompts, Wireless Bluetooth, IOS Android APP https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Z875BN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-xRtAbFPTNMP1

Yes!! I saw this. Brilliant little device... Nearly perfect, size, capabilities, clip!!!
The two main issues for me would be:
1) limited (not expandable, 32GB) storage, from what I can see in the specs. High-res files can be rather large.
2) controllable from iPhone (except for basic functions... play, skip, back, pause.)

So, yes... assuming one has an iPhone, only wants one playlist during workout (unless you want to carry your phone too, which kind of defeats the purpose), and won't exceed 32GB... perfect!! :L3000:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll put that into the 'maybe' file. Cheers.

Jan 4, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #787 of 889

Thanks in advance!

For lightweight portable workout use, can try check out the cheaper Fiio M3 or Hidiz AP60.

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #788 of 889
For lightweight portable workout use, can try check out the cheaper Fiio M3 or Hidiz AP60.

The Hidiz AP60 is a very good suggestion... good abilities and features. I see no clip, or case with clip... do you know if one exists?

Cheers!

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #789 of 889
The Hidiz AP60 is a very good suggestion... good abilities and features. I see no clip, or case with clip... do you know if one exists?

Cheers!

No idea about the clip or case.
Personally, I have been using Fiio M3 when I go running. I always put it inside the small zip pocket behind my running short.
You may check out the Fiio M3 or Hidiz AP60 thread for more information or for further questions.

Imo, PAW 5000 is still a little 'heavy weight' and a little more expensive (including PAW Pico) to be used like those for throwing around type of workout DAPs.

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #790 of 889
Personally, I have been using Fiio M3 when I go running. I always put it inside the small zip pocket behind my running short.
You may check out the Fiio M3 or Hidiz AP60 thread for more information or for further questions.

Imo, PAW 5000 is still a little 'heavy weight' and a little more expensive (including PAW Pico) to be used like those for throwing around type of workout DAPs.

Thanks... good points, all... especially about the cost. The Pico had better be one seriously outstanding unit for the cost.

May sound ludicrous, but not many of my shorts have pockets. Ugh.
I’ve actually thought about getting something like the Hidiz and supergluing a clip on the back. :)

There seems to be an odd gap where a very good, small workout DAP would fit right in... one with a clip. Hahaha

Jan 4, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #792 of 889

May sound ludicrous, but not many of my shorts have pockets. Ugh.
I’ve actually thought about getting something like the Hidiz and supergluing a clip on the back. :)

There seems to be an odd gap where a very good, small workout DAP would fit right in... one with a clip. Hahaha

I have a FiiO M3 and it has a lanyard attachment that I've used with a neck lanyard to hang it around my neck .. it is so light and tiny it really stays out of the way.

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #793 of 889

Cheers!

I'm a DAPer and an Exerciser, I too like you can't do arm bands, so I solved the clipless dynamic a few years back with DAPs I deemed suitable for workouts. I used 'magnetic badge clasps'. I wrote about it yonks ago on ABI (anythingbutipod), the site is pretty much dead now but you can see here for the link; http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?s=709f1180ef14a7853755387c114d9eb0&t=71520

Use the 3M sticky foam or buy some, or superglue, and the magnetic part goes under the clothing. I find this far superior to a clip as you can move away from the top of the clothing area, which can already be tight on your skin. You'll find a sweet part of your body to attach the DAP to with the magnet which involves minimum momentum and movement. I've used this trick for DAPs up to around 60g successfully, tho the lighter the better. I even ripped the clip off an old sansaclip because this method was superior.
IMO the Lotoo 5000 is too large for gym, I used to do weights only and even the Alien Shozy at 80g it's presence was felt. Try and keep it under 50g for working out is my advice.

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #794 of 889
I'm a DAPer and an Exerciser, I too like you can't do arm bands, so I solved the clipless dynamic a few years back with DAPs I deemed suitable for workouts. I used 'magnetic badge clasps'. I wrote about it yonks ago on ABI (anythingbutipod), the site is pretty much dead now but you can see here for the link; http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?s=709f1180ef14a7853755387c114d9eb0&t=71520

Use the 3M sticky foam or buy some, or superglue, and the magnetic part goes under the clothing. I find this far superior to a clip as you can move away from the top of the clothing area, which can already be tight on your skin. You'll find a sweet part of your body to attach the DAP to with the magnet which involves minimum momentum and movement. I've used this trick for DAPs up to around 60g successfully, tho the lighter the better. I even ripped the clip off an old sansaclip because this method was superior.
IMO the Lotoo 5000 is too large for gym, I used to do weights only and even the Alien Shozy at 80g it's presence was felt. Try and keep it under 50g for working out is my advice.

+1 on that idea.

I've used that solution for Bluetooth receivers that don't have a clip, and I found that idea on the interwebz somewhere I don't remember, heck, it's entirely possible I stole that idea from you. :)

Jan 4, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #795 of 889

Freakin' love this idea.

xDuoo Nano D3 = 70g
Shanling M1 = 60g
RUIZU A50 = 63.2g
Hidizs AP60 = 50g
Lotoo PAW 5000 = 110g (but it has a clip!!) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back