Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Aug 18, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #241 of 889
hi all. where can I find more information about PMEQ .

I can give a little flavour of the PMEQ feature - it's very impressive for a mobile device.

Instead of a set area or frequency for each frequency band as in a standard EQ, the PMEQ (parametric EQ, I'm guessing) allows the user to choose the centre frequency affected by the EQ, the gain of course, the filter type (in the case of the highest and lowest of the 5 bands or filters), and the 'Q' or the width/range of frequencies affected either side of the centre frequency.

The filter types for the highest filter band are band pass/high shelf, for the lowest - band pass/low shelf. The other filter bands have a band pass filter only. As well as those there's a 'filter group gain' which turns up, or reduces the volume of all 5 bands together.

This is from my pre-production sample here, so there may be changes once the final product arrives.

Aug 19, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #242 of 889
hi all. where can I find more information about PMEQ .

Muah:

Good luck with that.  I've owned the LPG for a few months now and unable to find much useful information on how best to utilize this feature.  I luckily found the settings for a custom preset on a Japanese-language website that makes it sound so much better than any of the presets included on the LPG.  If I were Lotoo, I'd have dozens of the presets available for download on my website.

Aug 26, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #247 of 889
Had a listen to it at long last yesterday at Jaben Singapore and I must say that I am suitably impressed. :)

Sep 4, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #252 of 889
Any more reviews?

I'm now looking for a DAP that can go Balanced without breaking the bank. Previously eyeing an AK100II, then HM802U, and now this.

You can check my review of P5000 here:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/lotoo-paw-5000/reviews/13597

Please note that it is about its phone out..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back