Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #230 of 889
  Does anyone here know if playlists can be created with the PAW 5000, and if it has a shuffle setting?

Thanks

+1 for this question.. Anyone has capability to answer? :)

OK I've got it - we were sent a couple of pre-production samples and we had no instructions but I've figured out how to do it!
beerchug.gif

It's possible to both add to playlists and play the tracks on these playlists randomly.

While a song is playing, go back to the filelist using the Fn/Music button and go into 'folder' which should highlight the current song.

With that song highlighted, press the centre button and hold it down for a second - a menu will appear with 'add to list 1, add to list 2, add to list 3'. Select the list you want to add the song to and press the centre button again - it will be added to the bottom of the list.

Then to play randomly (works like 'shuffle' as songs are not repeated until all songs in the list are played), go to settings/play settings/repeat mode and select random.

To remove songs from the playlist or move them up and down in the list, just highlight the song in the playlist and hold down the centre button for a menu.

And we're still taking pre-orders
biggrin.gif

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/lotoo-paw-5000-portable-lossless-digital-audio-player.html

Jul 27, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #231 of 889
Thank you Steve!

That's great news that it has a playlist option... though from what you have written, it sounds like there might be no shuffle option and that it will play the playlist in the same order each time.. can you confirm?

Many thanks again for looking into this :)

Jul 27, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #232 of 889
There is a shuffle option  - it's just called 'random play' on the Lotoo 5000. I tried a 4-song playlist a few times and all 4 songs were played but in a different order each time.

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #234 of 889

OK I've got it - we were sent a couple of pre-production samples and we had no instructions but I've figured out how to do it!
beerchug.gif

It's possible to both add to playlists and play the tracks on these playlists randomly.

While a song is playing, go back to the filelist using the Fn/Music button and go into 'folder' which should highlight the current song.

With that song highlighted, press the centre button and hold it down for a second - a menu will appear with 'add to list 1, add to list 2, add to list 3'. Select the list you want to add the song to and press the centre button again - it will be added to the bottom of the list.

Then to play randomly (works like 'shuffle' as songs are not repeated until all songs in the list are played), go to settings/play settings/repeat mode and select random.

To remove songs from the playlist or move them up and down in the list, just highlight the song in the playlist and hold down the centre button for a menu.

And we're still taking pre-orders
biggrin.gif

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/lotoo-paw-5000-portable-lossless-digital-audio-player.html

Meaning to say, by this time being we need to add the song one by one to the desired playlist on the device itself, is it?
I just miss the time using ipods/other devices which capable to create and modify a playlist in computer, after that only need to import the "playlist" kind of file to the device...

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #240 of 889
gotten mine from our local shop......outside Japan

good intro to PAW world...

let's see if this infatuation will turn into Gold....

hi all. where can I find more information about PMEQ .

Glad to hear that!
I also heard  that PAW5000 is scheduled to reach Jaben Singapore by today (hopefully is true).

Not sure about PMEQ.
Maybe it has been posted somewhere in in the PAW Gold thread? http://www.head-fi.org/t/744346/introducing-lotoo-paw-gold
Have not really browsed around yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back