Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Jul 6, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #182 of 889

Well, it depends on earphones. For example, with Lear, yes gain is high. It doesn't have enough power to drive SA43 even with HG. 

Thank you for the clarification.  Did you notice this DAP feeling physically warm or hot during operation, which the X5 II routinely does?  I'm curious since the Paw 5000 is made of plastic.

Jul 6, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #183 of 889

Thank you for the clarification.  Did you notice this DAP feeling physically warm or hot during operation, which the X5 II routinely does?  I'm curious since the Paw 5000 is made of plastic.

Actually, front and rear covers of P5000 is not plastic, but the frame part is made of plastic. I listen to it 1-2 hours continuously today. It hasn't gotten too hot. It did have a normal operational warmth.

However, the built quality over the plastic frame has to be a bit improved in following batches, at least in serial production. Fiio X5ii looks better in this regards.  

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #184 of 889
I tried it with the Audiofly AF160 (headphones are 38 ohms/110dB sensitivity) and managed to get it up to max volume in high gain - but wouldn't want to keep it there! Agreed, it could do with some more oomph with other less sensitive headphones but has a line out for pairing with an amp of course.

There's no hint of heat coming off it after using it for an hour so far this morning.

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #185 of 889
Hi Mike

Off the topic -

How does  Tera Player, Lotoo Paw Gold, compare in Sound quality ? 
I''m looking at Shozy Alien & Lotoo paw 5000 . Poor man's version of above...lol

Jul 7, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #186 of 889
  Hi Mike

Off the topic -

How does  Tera Player, Lotoo Paw Gold, compare in Sound quality ? 
I''m looking at Shozy Alien & Lotoo paw 5000 . Poor man's version of above...lol

Off the topic, overall, PG has a more organic and cleaner presentation than Tera. Also, PG has a bit better separation with a slightly better note creation. Both don't have a overly large stage, but PG has slightly cleaner and clearer background.

Well, I haven't heard Alien yet, but I can say that P5000 is slightly better than X5ii and DX90; if you don't look for prominent low frequency range. 

Jul 7, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #188 of 889
I don't think that Paw5000 is better then the Tera.
I had Paw Gold that is superior to the 5000 and it didn't come close to Tera.
Try Tera with Korta moded or Ref1,have you?

Is there any misunderstood? 

MikePortnoy says "PG has a more organic and cleaner presentation than Tera" and that PG is Paw Gold, not Paw 5000 :wink:

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #190 of 889
Sorry PG is not better in any way then Tera,including organic,and fidelity in reproducing SQ as real as possible, with a black background so i sold the PG.
I have the Tera for over 2 years ago and i know what i am saying :)

Well, your ears vs mines :) I respect that. 

PG has cleaner and clearer background details during fast tracks.  Also, PG has better resolution overall. On the other hand PG has a bit coloration compared to Tera, but not much. 

Anyway, let's get back to topic :)

Jul 8, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #193 of 889
I managed to take one for my Roxanne Universal and Ditas, arrives tomorrow. Anyone knows about the outpout impedance of the lotto 5000 and if the balanced oupout sound much better or has more power than the se (since i have to take and pay for and extra cable to try it)

Thanks

Jul 8, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #194 of 889

Thank you for answering that.  As opposed to the 12V/1A DC charger I've read the Lotoo Paw Gold uses, how does the Paw 5000 charge?  Solely via USB? 

Yes, there's no socket for a dedicated charger - USB is the only way, but you can use a mains to USB power adapter with the USB cable of course.

Jul 8, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #195 of 889
Sorry PG is not better in any way then Tera,including organic,and fidelity in reproducing SQ as real as possible, with a black background so i sold the PG.
I have the Tera for over 2 years ago and i know what i am saying :)

Tera is more organic but no cleaner than LPG. I consider cardas EM5813 as organic so we might all have a different definition of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back