Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #886 of 889
Hi there,

have anyone tried hardware modifications on the MKII? I'm considering playing with output caps?
There are 2x 100uF tantalum caps installed.
1651169983430.png

Another question, bought MK2 with fw version 7.4.0.19-RU, want to install EN 7.1.0.19-EN but player doesn't allow me to do so - getting Regional version error.
Are these 2 versions same?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #887 of 889
Very late adopter here. Got a 5000 Mk II yesterday. Mainly because it has physical controls, supports ALAC (I’m lazy and rip my CDs with Apple Music), has wonderful EQ and got it relatively cheap on sale. Enjoying it so far.

My main cons are: 1) the battery life is indeed mediocre and 2) it doesn’t have a gapless playback, that’s infuriating.

Considering it runs the latest firmware and there’s no such an option in settings it couldn’t be changed, isn’t it?

Any help is welcome, as they say, hope dies last.

UPDATE

I got an email from the manufacturer:
"Our Lotoo PAW 5000 MKII doesn’t support play track gapless. Because our PAW 5000 MKII has stopped production last year."

That's not completely correct since I discovered that's the case with the ALAC files, seems the player doesn't support gapless playback for them indeed, but once them converted to FLAC they play without stuttering as intended. So my issue if fixed, but unfortunately I won't be able using Apple Lossless as wanted initially.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #889 of 889
anyone know of a reputable battery replacement service for the paw mkii?

Ive had mine since 2019- battery life was always short but for over the last year its battery life has been reduced to around one hour, it never holds a charge above 80%, just drops down from 100% after it starts.

From a physical usability standpoint this is easily my favorite DAP. size jogwheel navigation etc. I’d like to keep this one going but it seems like the battery is just failing.

Do i have unreasonable expectations and 3 years is the expected shelf life on these device batteries?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back