Losing My Hair, Headphones To Blame?
Sep 11, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #16 of 46
Anyone in your family that was losing hair on a fairly young age, like your father or grandfather? If so genetics.

But won't it look better if you were balding with a headphone on your head? I mean with earbuds people would just see it getting thinner. 

Or you could wear a jecklin float! People won't see a thing on your head.

Sep 11, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #17 of 46
If I understand correctly male hair thinning/loss can be caused by DHT buildup on your scalp. Try a shampoo like Nioxin Cleanser (1) and see if that helps. It's certainly worked for me.

Sep 11, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #21 of 46
Quote:
Anyone in your family that was losing hair on a fairly young age, like your father or grandfather? If so genetics.

But won't it look better if you were balding with a headphone on your head? I mean with earbuds people would just see it getting thinner. 

Or you could wear a jecklin float! People won't see a thing on your head.

For me it was my mother's father who was bald as well and that's the connection I've heard elsewhere as well.

Sep 11, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #23 of 46
No, silly goose. It's not from wearing headphones.

A receding hairline is usually hereditary, but losing hair from the center of your head comes from poor circulation and one of the first signs of having an early heart attack (blood's not getting to your extremities).

Most type "A" personalities lose it from the center of their heads first and have a red scalp. Check your good and bad cholesterol, [size=small]Triglycerides[/size], and for god's sake, listen to Musak instead of Pantera!
Men in WWII that were in hot tanks and wore helmets most of the day and a study was done to see if it had any effect on baldness. Not sure of the results.

Don't know too many bald professional DJ's. Maybe that's why they use one ear.

Sep 11, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #24 of 46
This is hilarious!  

I remember the first time I noticed a lot of hair in my hat that I wore every day because I didn't shower before work.  It was pretty coincident with turning 30.

And now when I listen to the HD800s I notice that the headband spreads my hair thin and my balder area is more noticeable.  Damn these things!  
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 11, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #25 of 46

Quote:
Isn't this issue hereditary?

Actually, it's a combination of the two theories in this thread... If you mother's father wore headphones, you're going to go bald.

My hairline is starting to recede, but I'm not too bummed. Once it gets bald enough, I'm going shave everything off and a get Victorian style judge wig. I'll score all the ladies!

Sep 11, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #26 of 46
These simple hair loss diagrams explain all.

Sep 12, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #29 of 46
Sounds like genetics to me.  If it makes you feel any better I went to college with a guy back in the day who was completely ring around the head bald at age 19.  Just prepare to shave it or do some funky comb over thing when the time comes.

Sep 13, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #30 of 46
If it comes from headphones, then every football player in high school, college, and the pros, would be bald.

By the way, I saw that poster in my dermatologist's office (sans the Head-Fi type).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back