Losing My Hair, Headphones To Blame?
Sep 13, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #31 of 46
So maybe headphones don't cause hair loss, but what about gray hair? I've noticed an increasing amount since I've been here. It can't be a coincidence, can it?

Sep 14, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #32 of 46

Quote:
So maybe headphones don't cause hair loss, but what about gray hair? I've noticed an increasing amount since I've been here. It can't be a coincidence, can it?

Tell me about it! I'm only in my 20's and greys shot through the second I saw those lime green Q701s.

You don't even want to know where I found greys when I saw Lady Gaga Heart Beats.

Sep 14, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #33 of 46
You're right, I don't.
wink.gif

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #36 of 46
Dermatologist.

I turned gray from having a 4 week premature baby when I was 33. The gray goes away when I drink Grey Goose in large quantities,

Sep 14, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #38 of 46
Man alive, ask a health-related question, you are bound to get as many opinions...it's almost as bad as asking for a hi-fi/head-fi recommendation
wink.gif

Stress can cause hair loss.  Poor diet can cause hair loss.  Over-abundance of testosterone, or the more active dihydrotestosterone, can cause hair loss.  Your headphones are not causing your hair loss, provided they are not scrubbing against your head so hard hairs are pulled out.  Minoxidil (ie, Rogaine) works by stimulating blood flow to your scalp.  Increased blood flow seems to help hair follicles continue growing hair.  Wearing headphones will, if anything, make your head slightly warmer.  Thus, no evidence to suggest headphones cause hair loss.

Maybe there is a market opportunity here...Buy the Beyeheiser Statnamic-phone T1000 and hear the inner details in your music!  Blacker blacks, air around the notes, 5X more PRaT!  Regrows hair!  Makes julienne fries!  

Bald is beautiful.

Sep 14, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #39 of 46
Tired of Floats ruining your 'do?

AKGs causing strange patches of baldness across your scalp?

Grados causing your ears to fall off?

Try the new Sennheiser Surrounders! Guaranteed to not cause (visible) damage to your shoulders or back!

Sep 14, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #40 of 46

Quote:
Regrows hair!  Makes julienne fries!  

Can I get one that makes seasoned waffle fries. Those are my favorite.
Interesting that the same potato can taste differently just because it's cut into a different shape, no?

Sep 14, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #41 of 46

Quote:
Tired of Floats ruining your 'do?

AKGs causing strange patches of baldness across your scalp?

Grados causing your ears to fall off?

Try the new Sennheiser Surrounders! Guaranteed to not cause (visible) damage to your shoulders or back!

I prefer the Sony Nipple Speakers, personally. They clamp on and vibrate the sound through the nipple... I had the chance to audition some perky tunes!

Sep 14, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #42 of 46

Quote:

Can I get one that makes seasoned waffle fries. Those are my favorite.
Interesting that the same potato can taste differently just because it's cut into a different shape, no?

That's just what they want you to think. They are secretly grown by big government in an underground lab, specifically engineered to grow as waffles.

Edit: I think the perky tunes comment was the best one-liner in this thread so far.

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #43 of 46
I wear my K702's about 18 hours a day and I've noticed that my hair is REALLY starting to thin where the headbands are.  Should I cut the bumps off?
They're VERY loose on my head and they slide around a bunch.  I know we've established in this thread that NORMAL headphones don't cause hair loss, but come on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back