Looking to getting 1st amp. Which one should I get?
Jan 15, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardHeadCase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headsix also has a crossfeed circuit that will improve the audio quality on alot of older recordings. Its a nice package. Get yourself a rechargeble 9 volt and your set.

no it doesn't

Jan 15, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #18 of 27
well im not saying that an amp doesn't make a difference. But the question here is whether upgrading headphones and going ampless or amping the current headphones would make a bigger difference. and that is debatable. and depends on the pda or source being used i guess.

But amp wise, its definitely between the headsix and mini^3.

Jan 15, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #20 of 27
Jan 16, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dont forget the littledot mk1

I'm looking at my first portable amp and the Little Dot mk1 is high on my interest list, otherwise I'm thinking does the extra GBP17-odd that the Meier HEADSIX costs equate to a (much) better sound over the LD mk1?

My cans are Senn HD580, btw.

Jan 16, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking at my first portable amp and the Little Dot mk1 is high on my interest list, otherwise I'm thinking does the extra GBP17-odd that the Meier HEADSIX costs equate to a (much) better sound over the LD mk1?

My cans are Senn HD580, btw.

I'd love to be able to tell you I knew for sure. But, like I said in the review, this is one heck of a portable amp and I just don't have anything to compare it with. I can't imagine you'd be disappointed with it. It drove my HD-580s and HD-650s with authority! The recharge/power supply is nice too.
biggrin.gif

On a side note, I was so impressed with it, I bought my wife one for her Zune. Santa brought her HD-650s for Christmas, so she's been driving them with the MK1 and loves it. Hope this helps some!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On a side note, I was so impressed with it, I bought my wife one for her Zune. Santa brought her HD-650s for Christmas, so she's been driving them with the MK1 and loves it. Hope this helps some!!
smily_headphones1.gif

That's one heck of a nice santa!
Cheers for all your help (in me spending money
wink.gif
).

Jan 16, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #27 of 27
I listen primarily to an Iaudio 7 and use HD25 (1 with a stock cable and 1with a ZY cable) and MS1 'phones.

My favorite AMP so far has been the XM4, which I feel is a reasonable AMP for the money. I like the bass boost, but the crossfeed feature affects volume to much. Pretty light, too, with the optional lithium battery (and charger).

A Lyrix PRO appears to be giving the XM4 a run for "fave" status, though. It seems to be a reasonable AMP for the money, also.

Just a couple of choices to consider, After all, in the end it comes down to opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back