Looking Fot The Most Comfortable In Ear Headphones around a 100$
Jul 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jmusic

New Head-Fier
Just like the title says, i am looking for a IE headphones that will be very very comfortable and that wont fall out of my ear. Sound Quality comes second to me because i will use them only for running and hiking. Thanks in advance

Jul 16, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #2 of 11
You will have to go with the Phonak IEMs. They are the most comfortable you can get and sound just great. The whole series from 012 to 132 (no including the 232) have the shouting and driver. They just have different accessories and filters which tune the sound. You can get new flyers separate. 

Basically:

Bass= Green
Neutral = Grey (mine and most peoples favourite_
V shaped= Black

The 012 is the cheapest and comes just with green filters. 022 has a remote/mic.
The 112 is more expensive and has a case and comes with grey and black filters. 122 has a mic/remote.

132 has a 3 button control/mic and grey and black filters.

This is the way you probably have to go if you want comfort.

Jul 16, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #3 of 11
Jul 16, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
Thanks for the replys. How about the bose ie2s? Hear from many people that they are the most comfortable ies they had

The Bose i have tried on before and they both do not sound no were near as good and are not as comfortable. I have tried over 35 IEMs and the most comfortable are the Phonaks. Ask anyone who has tried, they will agree!

Jul 16, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #6 of 11
The Bose will stay in your ear with their fitting system.

Plus, If you buy them from your local brick and mortar store, they should come with a return policy/period.

Cheers, Jim

Jul 16, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #7 of 11
Bose might be comfortable but it certainly won't last very long...If you're willing to spend that much, maybe consider a Westone 1. Virtually impossible to dislodge and comfortable enough for most to sleep with them on.

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #8 of 11
I had a pair of Bose IE that I used daily for 2 1/2 years. They developed an intermittent short in the left ear and Bose replaced them with the IE2 for $50 even though they were out of warranty. In my opinion, you would be hard pressed to find a more comfortable earbud although I don't really think of them as an IEM - they don't fit into the ear canal like a normal IEM and offer little to no isolation. For your purposes, that is probably a good thing. If you are running or hiking you probably will not want isolation and you won't want the microphonics that an IEM will produce with each step.

I agree that the Bose IE2 are not the best sound you can buy for $100 and the retail price is probaly too high. That said, I have gotten my money's worth out of them and still use them daily in situations where I do not want isolation.

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #11 of 11
Most comfortable I have used is the m6, had a few long trips while being a passenger in a car for 6+ hours with those in the whole time and no discomfort and use them for exercise as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back